• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So, I've been playing guitar.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MESMAR_RISING

Bronze Member
Awards
I've been playing guitar for about 6 years now I guess. I've stopped using tabs to learn songs for the most part, because I only really learn songs when I get bored and decide to figure it out for myself.

If you'd really like to get better, I suggest playing with other people. Learning songs together will (hopefully) give you a better sense of timing. It'll probably help you develop your improvisation and get you more comfortable playing around people which is always a plus. Learning different finger picking styles is always good.

Lately I've been playing more acoustic than electric, and have been having a lot of fun playing Magic Bus by The Who.

Firo

Oh Crap
Just bought a new guitar today. A Ibanez GAX . Nothing fancy, but it's a decent practice guitar.

Wallflower

that's when we'll explode
I can't help but get a certain stalker vibe from y
Website
www.meluhns.deviantart.com
whoeverthefuck said:
definately learn some jobforacowboy or bring me the horizon

You get that shit outta my goddamn thread.

NAO

JustMe3 said:
I've been playing guitar for about 6 years now I guess. I've stopped using tabs to learn songs for the most part, because I only really learn songs when I get bored and decide to figure it out for myself.

If you'd really like to get better, I suggest playing with other people. Learning songs together will (hopefully) give you a better sense of timing. It'll probably help you develop your improvisation and get you more comfortable playing around people which is always a plus. Learning different finger picking styles is always good.

Lately I've been playing more acoustic than electric, and have been having a lot of fun playing Magic Bus by The Who.

Yeah, I've wanted to get a new acoustic guitar for a long time now (my current acoustic is about fifty years old :l), but I wanna get a new electric guitar, too, considering the fact that Squier is just... Horrible.

As for playing with other people and learning different finger picking styles, I'm in a guitar class at school, and the teacher teaches classical guitar, so we're playing in ensembles and picking in bizarre patterns very often. He's a very good teacher, though. He taught me how to play Malaguena, if anyone has ever heard of it, so he's pretty sick.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
Hey, I have a Squier Stratocaster too :/
Luckily I have an FX box.

Been playing since September maybe? My guitar teacher gets me to learn songs by bands I like. I'm pretty proud of the fact that I learned how to play Cross the Breeze by Sonic Youth in full. SY and their fucken weird tunings and shit.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
I usually just mess around with it, but I've learned how to play either the main riff or the entire song for a bunch of pop/mainstream songs lately.

And yeah, shit was a $250 pack, with guitar,amp, tuner, picks, etc. In short, all of my equipment sucks, but I still love it.

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
nalksnfasklfnsalkfnaslkfnaslkfnaslknf

Last edited:

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
What about

DROP MUTHAFUCKIN' A?!?!?!!

I'm not sure there's a single song that uses this tuning... EVER...

BUT IT'S AWESOME

The strings get all floppy and loose and shit, and it barely makes a sound, but it's SO METAL

GSFGAFSFDSFSHFH

I may be wrong, but doesn't Rammstein use that tuning a lot?

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
I'm a moderate fan of the Beatles, but by the time I had noticed this thread, most of the suggestions I had in mind had already been said, so, just to provide something different from the rest, perhaps try looking into learning "Peace Train" by Cat Stevens on your acoustic guitar.

Wallflower

that's when we'll explode
I can't help but get a certain stalker vibe from y
Website
www.meluhns.deviantart.com
Ordeith said:
by the time I noticed this thread

Lol, troll faster, friend-o. :D

same person said:
"Peace Train" by Cat Stevens

Ooh, I actually like Cat Stevens. I should try learning Cats in the Cradle, now that I think about it... :/ Also, I would learn it on my acoustic, but my acoustic is a sack of crap that's practically withered and rotting with twenty year old strings...

So I think it's an actual health hazard to play on my acoustic. :l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back