• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So, I've been playing guitar.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Ooh, I actually like Cat Stevens.

He's always been a favorite of mine, too.
I should try learning Cats in the Cradle, now that I think about it... :/
And this is also one of my most favorite songs, even though Stevens didn't actually write it; Harry Chapin did, while Cat Stevens merely did a take on it.
Also, I would learn it on my acoustic, but my acoustic is a sack of crap that's practically withered and rotting with twenty year old strings...

So I think it's an actual health hazard to play on my acoustic. :l

Ooh, that's a shame; it sounds as though that it's long since passed the point of no return.
But nevertheless, I wish you good luck in learning either song, if you choose to try your hand at one.

Wallflower

that's when we'll explode
I can't help but get a certain stalker vibe from y
Website
www.meluhns.deviantart.com
Ah, that's... Interesting, actually. I figured Cat Stevens, Cats in the Cradle... I'm sure you're getting my train of thought here.

Also, yeah, it's pretty well past done. :/ I was gonna go to Sam Ash today to try to look for a nice new guitar, but I got distracted with this little snake... thing that I have... I dunno. Lmao. But anyways, thanks; I'll letcha know if I manage to learn how to play it.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Ah, that's... Interesting, actually. I figured Cat Stevens, Cats in the Cradle... I'm sure you're getting my train of thought here.

Indeed; that's the path of logic that I myself had been following for quite a while until I searched for the song on YouTube.
I was gonna go to Sam Ash today to try to look for a nice new guitar, but I got distracted with this little snake... thing that I have...

This latter half of that sentence worries me a tad...Nay, it troubles me very much so....

But anyways, thanks; I'll letcha know if I manage to learn how to play it.

Very well; good luck with your musical progression in general.

[√]Genuflect
i no longer play the guitar coz i smashed it in someone's door.

Trag

Bronze Member
I just got a Fender Acoustic for my birthday on Monday, it's pretty cool. I"m not complaining, I would just have rather picked it out myself, but I'm very grateful for it. I am learning with books and a poster on my wall with all the chords. I hang out with my friend outside by a fire and he teaches me sometimes. Violent Femme's Blister in the Sun is a fun song, real easy to play the melody.

Wallflower

that's when we'll explode
I can't help but get a certain stalker vibe from y
Website
www.meluhns.deviantart.com
Lycanthrope said:
For me, being able to play the Beatles is a must if you want to be a good guitar player. Classic shit there.

Little late to the party there, kiddo. xD

Trag said:
I just got a Fender Acoustic for my birthday on Monday, it's pretty cool. I"m not complaining, I would just have rather picked it out myself, but I'm very grateful for it. I am learning with books and a poster on my wall with all the chords. I hang out with my friend outside by a fire and he teaches me sometimes. Violent Femme's Blister in the Sun is a fun song, real easy to play the melody.

Grr, I need a new acoustic like a... Guy who needs a new acoustic. :l

Ahh, I love Blister In The Sun! It's a fun song to play 'cause the beat is so uppity, y'know? For some reason, fun songs that have that sort of mellow, happy beat and tone are fun to play. I mean, I tried learning the Santeria solo (I can play the other parts pretty well), and I failed miserably, sure, but I had so much fun failing, it made it all better. xD

Trag

Bronze Member
I prefer acoustics over electric. I hate having to hook up to an amp to get the full effect of an electric, but I love the acoustic and how it can be played anywhere. I'm going to try to learn Bubble Toes as my first actual song with chords. I'm having a hard time trying to read tabs, I am going to work on that.

xx kairi xx

electric or other types?

if electric then i would reccomend listening to Joe satriani. he's an electric guitarist and is amazingly talented and worth listening to - especially his surfing with the alien song.
my favourite guitar would be the chrome boy - an electric guitar. its really expensive and only had a few made, so i guess not much use >_< but its awesome click for image
realistically though i would go for this if i was getting one. click its an Epiphone G-400 sg. just seems to have better sound/playing quality than the strats (in my opinion anyway)

Website
www.myspace.com
try Sweet Pea, by Amos Lee.
it's that song on the AT&T commercial where the dad leaves and takes his daughter's
monkey with him on business everywhere he goes.
it makes you feel amazing, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back