• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So regarding King Mickey's...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhirlwindLancer

Mickey obviously knows who MX is due to his involvement in the events of BBS. What always confused me was this scene from KH2:

Mickey Mouse & Ansem the Wise - YouTube">Mickey Mouse & Ansem the Wise - YouTube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

This scene presents a number of problems. Maybe someone can clear them up for me.

1. Surely you'd think that after hearing Ansem the Wise call his apprentice by the name "Xehanort" that he'd be a little worried. I mean, Xehanort just isn't that common of a name... Do you think Mickey was a bit suspicious, or do you think maybe Mickey just brushed it off as a mere coincidence that this young man and the evil old guy that threatened the fate of the entire universe a few years before had the same name? I'm sure the fact that this young man looked eerily similar to Terra would be a giant red flag (though correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think Mickey actually saw Terra once during BBS. If this is the case, it would make sense for him not to make the connection).

2. Mickey also knows who Ansem SoD is and what he looks like from the finale of KH1 and from Reverse/Rebirth in Chain of Memories. Don't you think Mickey was a bit suspicious that this guy and MX are dressed exactly the same? Or do you think he also just dismissed this as a crazy coincidence?

EDIT: Youtube embedding doesn't like me for some reason. Here's the link to the cutscene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdo7Y6WF2Dw

JustSnilloc

Re: Mickey's Suspicions

I'm sure Mickey brushed it off as coincidence... Like your suspicions told you, Mickey indeed never met or saw Terra... But Mickey was fully aware that SoD and Xemnas were MX, he didn't act surprised when Yen Sid said that them being defeated meant that Master Xehanort would return

EDIT: Mickey never realized til about 10 years later that him being named "Xehanort" was more than coincidence... It was something that he was told and forgot about

Straythe

What bothers me is rather the "we don't know what happened to Terra" to yen sid.

MX : "he became my vessel. One of your light is on my side"

Mickey : "yeah whatev'"

WhirlwindLancer

Thanks JS. After SoD and Xemnas appeared in the RoL and started messing things up, it probably wasn't hard for him to put two and two together

Absolute

What bothers me is rather the "we don't know what happened to Terra" to yen sid.

MX : "he became my vessel. One of your light is on my side"

Mickey : "yeah whatev'"
What drove me nuts was how they worded that scene. 'Thise threee people,' 'they' etc. they even kept it gender neutral when talking about Aqua falling into Darkness. Enough dancing around it! just say their names! Everyone BUT Riku and Sora seem to know at this point.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

Mickey never saw Terra, therefore he wouldn't have recognize AX, because he never seen Terra. Nomura seemed to have intentionaly make sure Mickey never saw Terra in BBS, even when Mickey leaves Mysterious Tower in BBS, Terra sees Mickey but Mickey never notices Terra before shooting off withe the Star Shard.

So when Mickey first met AX he probably didn't connect the dots because to him MX was supposed to be an old man, he wouldn't have thought this young guy was the same Xehanort as the old man he knew of. Not to mention the fact that he and Yen Sid had no idea what happened to Terra, so they didn't know MX had hijacked his body.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I found this iffy too honestly.

I guess that, for the sake of no retcon, Mickey didn't learn MX's name until after he had visited Ansem the Wise. Otherwise, even if he DID think it was coincidence, he would have had some reaction to Ansem calling his apprentice "Xehanort"

TVA1994

Mickey never saw Terra, therefore he wouldn't have recognize AX, because he never seen Terra. Nomura seemed to have intentionaly make sure Mickey never saw Terra in BBS, even when Mickey leaves Mysterious Tower in BBS, Terra sees Mickey but Mickey never notices Terra before shooting off withe the Star Shard.

So when Mickey first met AX he probably didn't connect the dots because to him MX was supposed to be an old man, he wouldn't have thought this young guy was the same Xehanort as the old man he knew of. Not to mention the fact that he and Yen Sid had no idea what happened to Terra, so they didn't know MX had hijacked his body.

You know Mickey never met MX either just Vanitas he only heard of MX from Yen Sid and the others. So after the war with Aqua and Ven, Mickey must've thought that once they dissapeared Xehanort did as well. And tetnically he did since forgetting everything and joining Ansem the Wise. So 9 or so years later when Mickey meets Ansem's apprentice Xehanort theres only the name thats a coinicdence and he might've not realized considering the Xehanort he heard of was old and long gone.

WhirlwindLancer

I'm really impressed with the way Square has handled Mickey's character development so far. I also think it's interesting to note that of all the "main" Disney characters that have played large roles in the series thus far (Donald, Goofy), Mickey is the character we know the least about (which is ironic because in his roles outside of the KH universe, his character is the one that the audience tends to know the most about).

The series as a whole has a habit of keeping his character mysterious in the sense that we the audience can never quite tell what he is thinking. He also has a tendency to keep info to himself, and when he does decide to share it with others he keeps things on a need-to-know basis. He definitely knows more than he lets on. Hopefully we'll get a Mickey scenario in BBSV2 (or whatever that mystery game ends up being called) that will explain his adventures in the RoD, among other things

Xashe

Yeah I'm pretty sure Mickey never met Master Xehanort or even heard of his name. Correct me if I'm wrong with some kind of evidence please.

Absolute

I think the only time Mickey could have possibly have met MX in BBS was during the off-screen period of time from when Vanitas opens the dark portal in front of him in Neverland to Ven reaching the Badlands after seeing mickey hurt in the Mysterious Tower.

However, in 3D, Mickey is quick to identify MX when he reforms.

WhirlwindLancer

I think the only time Mickey could have possibly have met MX in BBS was during the off-screen period of time from when Vanitas opens the dark portal in front of him in Neverland to Ven reaching the Badlands after seeing mickey hurt in the Mysterious Tower.

Good point, I totally forgot about that

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

Well Yensid did show Xehanort in Recoded's secret ending

Shawty

Awards
What I don't quite understand is where this belongs on the KH timeline, it must be before KH1, right? Since Ansem the Wise is talking about how his research caused the heartless, can someone clear this up for me?

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Yeah I'm pretty sure Mickey never met Master Xehanort or even heard of his name. Correct me if I'm wrong with some kind of evidence please.

He had vanitas kidknapp him in bbs. I cant understand why main chracter want to keep vital information from each other.His master is aware of MXalways having an intresst in the darkness dure his apprenticeship he never mentioned him, how unlikly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back