• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► So What if I'm a Little Crazy?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
...maybe that isn't the right title to start this off with... >.>;;

About two to maybe three weeks ago, I got a job selling kitchen cutlery. Not the job of choice I'll admit, but it pays really good and flashing knives around was kinda fun, especially when the customers loved the product. Now, these knives are really goog, being able to cut through almost anything. I had been working for a little more than a week when my mom whisked us all away to Seaside Heights for the Fourth of July, where we would stay with family friends. My mom usually helps with all the cooking and BBQ-ing, so she asked if she could borrow a few of the knives I had in my set (she loves the knives, but refuses to buy from me :/). "Sure why not." were my exact words, followed by a half-hearted shrug. She was usually stressed out these days and I didn't see the harm in bringing them, she promised to leave them in their case when she wasn't using them.
Thus we went, the beach was a blast, and it was also my aunt and my cousin's bday the day before (which was the same as my dad's, but he decided not to go with us, which stressed Mom out even more), so owner of the house bought a cake for the two of them. My godmother had heard that my mom brought the knives and was interested and asked if she could use them. I agreed, got the knife, and placed it in front of the cake.
Before I continue, I think I should explain how my sister is. She's thirteen, taller than me, bigger than me, and has that 'I don't give a shi--' attitude that drives my mom insane. She has no respect for anyone, chooses to dress as skimpily as possible despite that she's almost 200 lbs, and constantly complains about something (in this case, her cell being taken away).
Now, remember how I said I had laid the knife in front of the cake? My godmother was sitting right next to it, and as luck had it, so did my sister. I had absolutely forbidden that anyone else touched the knife--they knew just how good it was, and my aunt even commented that maybe it was too good. As we were just about to sing Happy Birthday, I reached over to the cake to take off the plastic cover. Right as I was doing that, my sister had snatched the knife. Noting it was gone, I looked to see it in her hand and saw she was waving it around. I went to snatch it and she missed me by a millimeter.
When I jerked my arm back, she decided to be funny and pretended to stab me, grabbing my arm and pretending to slice it. One of the pretend stabs became real. Thing is, she saw it in there and didn't even bother pulling it out, but laughed instead.
I've been cut with a knife before while cooking, but man...that shit HURT and went right through me. :/

After that fiasco, a couple days later we returned to my dad's house and my grandma noticed how my left arm was all bandaged up, and when my dad saw it he went ballistic, claiming that I had been cutting myself and such. When my sister admitted with a chuckle that it was she that had cut me, it only made things worse--my grandma screamed that she had no shame, my cousins went nuts and fled the scene, both my aunts had started yelling in spanish. Feeling that I hadn't the energy or the sanity to deal with the outburst, I retreated to my room and cuddled under my blanket with my Build-a-Bear.
A few hours later my dad stormed up the stairs and demanded that I quit my job. My sister was now angry and in a bad mood, and my mom was just yelling at everything that moved. So I locked the door and stayed in that room for a few days. I was already sick of the divorce and the fact that my mom was leaving me to go to her home in PR, so why did I have to deal with any more drama?

Once I emerged from my room, my mom ignored me and went inside, inspecting everything. The first thing she tells me is, "Your PS2 is cold. Why is it cold? Are you sick?"
There could be a lot fo reasons I could've picked: I already beat all my games, I needed new ones, the PS2 was broken, etc.,--but I picked the wrong one: "I didn't feel like playing."
I know it sounds weird, but I guess that's because I'm addicted to electronics. I mean really, I hadn't even looked at my laptop in weeks, so my mom knew something was wrong. There was, but rather then talk to me about it, she dragged me to a therapist's office.
Now, I've been to the same one a couple of years ago for a school field trip, and I already knew that woman was crazy. So I was very relactant to go, and when I was alone with that lady I wanted to run out.
"Now then, Ana-is." she says, pronouncing my name wrong like everyone else did. "What do you think of yourself?"
I laughed at her and replied, "I don't need to be here...so what if I'm a little crazy?"

Not the end. :/

Well, they say that sanity is based off the experiences that one has had in their life--their past. Yet there are people that call others crazy because of their actions--that is to say, the present.

So, what's your definition of crazy?

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Interesting story, I wish my life was that exciting. Well, actually I did damage a pot by boiling water in it... Anyhoo, my definition of crazy is.. Well, abnormality; anything not fitting into the 'status quo', which ironically enough is everything considering there is no such thing as normal. Conundrum? I concur!

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
I'm with Reneeski, how the fuck are you the one going to therapy and not your sister? Because trust me, you're not crazy.

C

Crossroads

Wow and I thought my family was messed up.

Actually they are...and weird stuff almost at that level has happened.

But not necessarily at...that level...

Jeez.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
I'm with Reneeski, how the fuck are you the one going to therapy and not your sister? Because trust me, you're not crazy.

Because when there's a group of crazies and one normal person, the group thinks the normie is the one going nuts, or so I think. :/

That's part of the reason I asked for the definition of crazy.

Amalthea

When in doubt: C4.
Crazy is a matter of perspective, to be honest. I think the way my sister puts on makeup every day is crazy, but she thinks I'm crazy because I don't really like makeup. (I know, weak, but you get the point). It all depends on the person, and exactly what said person is doing. IMO, you're farther from crazy than I've seen on this site. I've seen some "crazies" and some very "not crazies" lol, and you seem fine to me, Flower. If I were you, just tell the therapist what you think she wants to hear so the sessions will be done sooner. I think it's your sister and mom who needs to see said therapist....

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Now, I've been to the same one a couple of years ago for a school field trip, and I already knew that woman was crazy. So I was very relactant to go, and when I was alone with that lady I wanted to run out.
"Now then, Ana-is." she says, pronouncing my name wrong like everyone else did. "What do you think of yourself?"
I laughed at her and replied, "I don't need to be here...so what if I'm a little crazy?"

Hmm...That, in my opinion, has to have been the worst possible way to have handled the situation, aside from leaping about and shouting hysterically, that is. With your situation, the truth as to how you were cut has been horribly skewed and misunderstood; everyone save yourself and your sister believe that you deliberately cut yourself. Now, the only way possible to prove that this view of the matter is false is by displaying behavior contrary to what the lie says; act cooly, calmly, and courteously, and convey your feelings as clearly as possible. By responding to the therapist in that manner, you've reinforced the opinion that you are emotionally or mentally disturbed; how many people recieving therapy do you think say that they don't belong there?
Because when there's a group of crazies and one normal person, the group thinks the normie is the one going nuts, or so I think. :/

That's part of the reason I asked for the definition of crazy.

Well, while the general consensus may be that you aren't in your right mind, that doesn't necessarily mean that they are correct. Only if the entire world and everybody who you ever took the time to get to know after this incident agreed with the view that you're in need of therapy make that view correct, for in that case, it could be your own mind making you believe contrary. But it isn't the case, and I'm fairly sure that you would be able to discern whether you were stabbed or cut yourself. In trivial matters, craziness and insanity are matters of perspective, but when it comes to medical terminology, there is only correct and incorrect.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
I hope this is the first time this kind of thing has happened to you. I wouldnt be able to take being in your position. Seems everyone is against you.

Nine-Tailed Fox

?˖✧ Army of One ✧˖?
Awards
Website
sailorstar-fox.livejournal.com
Wow, that is a seriously messed up family.

Your sister and mother both sound like they need some serious help.

If I were you, I would be out of that place the second I turn 18.

LionHeart14

Well, you definatly do not sound crazy to me. It sounds like it's your sister who needs some help. Stabbing someone, especially a family member, feeling no shame, and laughing about it?? That's crazy in my book. And your mother taking you to a therapist just because you havent touched any electronics doesn't really make much sense. If I were you, I'd try to talk to a family member about the whole thing. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, just remember who you are and that nothing that happened was your fault

<3

Call me Love, love.
Wow, Flower, sorry to hear that your sister has lost the plot O.O
She should be the one getting help.

But crazy in my eyes is having fits at almost everything and making something bigger than it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back