• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora just a heart?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
There's a sort of a matching scene that comes to contradict that one in Days, though.
"We can't just look inside. But, if there was something in there... shouldn't we be able to feel it?"

Something along those lines.

Sandslash

There's a sort of a matching scene that comes to contradict that one in Days, though.
"We can't just look inside. But, if there was something in there... shouldn't we be able to feel it?"

Well, I can't question that cause I'm still playing Days XD

Awesome Ansem

...This just sounds ridiculous to me. Nomura said himself (although I'm most likely going to get flamed for this because I don't have a link) in Another Report I think that the soul is the life source in the KH Universe.

Now this theory people have is that with the whole creation of Roxas (when Sora was returned to his original form after being a heartless), Sora was just a heart until Roxas reunited with him. He was a whole being, as just a heart.. Isn't that still a heartkess if Sora did indeed have a little darkness in his heart?

I refuse to believe that Sora, as just a heart, defeated XH, Vexen, Larxene, and Marluxua. Admittedly, I am now realizing that my whole point about souls wasn't so great. Why can Nobodies and Heartless 'live'? Well two options, either the soul is torn into fragments when someone's heart is released, or Nobodies and Heartless DON'T have a life source.

I admit I am sleep deprived writing this, so if anyone somewhat agrees with me, speaking up for me would be helpful. xD

The point of this poorly made thread is that I'm arguing against when people say Sora was just a heart from the end of KH1 untill the beginning of KH2.

yaaaaaaaay. yes.

No, sora couldn't have been just a heart, that would be stupid. Sora got his body back when he hugged Kairi and turned human again, otherwise nothing would've happened and he would still be a shadow heartless. Roxas is obviously a special case in terms of being a nobody because he exists (well, technically not) while sora exists, which is a big mystery. Same with Kairi and Namine. Would anyone really argue that Kairi is just a heart and has been since the end of KH1?

A

Audo

That's the same scene just horribly localized.

Awards
It depends on what you die from.
If you die from Heartless, his heart is shown.
If you die from Org or Disney Villains then his heart isn't shown.

Do you have a video of that?
Oddly don't remember it.

Actually, I don't even remember if I died from normal Heartless ever in KH2, but I know for a fact that I died from them in KH2FM. I feel pretty sure the death sequence was unchanged.

Key of Valor

The Professor
It was never confirmed, stated, or even suggested that Sora was "just a heart".

The idea itself is possible, but it's not necessarily true.

When Xehanort was just heart, he was incapable of possessing a fitting physical form. In fact, he relied on possessing the body and soul of another individual, this being Riku.

If Xehanort as "just a heart" was incapable of possessing a physical form, then there is not really a good example to suggest that Sora as "just a heart" could be more successful as Xehanort and be able to sustain a physical form that looked and behaved exactly like Sora's body and soul.

Some people point to Riku as an example of one's ability to exist with a physical form as just a heart. When Riku's heart was pushed into the Realm of Darkness, there was a scene that showed Riku struggling in the darkness trying not to disappear. However, I wouldn't consider this scene as definite proof that the heart alone can sustain a physical form. First off, Riku in that scene may not necessarily be of a physical existence. In that scene, he is glowing blue momentarily, just like how Xehanort's Heartless glows when he was in his phantom form. Arguably, Riku not be a physical being in that scene, and the appearance we saw in that scene was only a "projection" or "non-physical entity" of Riku. Riku was of a physical existence when he and Sora shut the Door to Darkness, but that was only after Ansem SoD was vanquished and Riku's vessel was sent to the Realm of Darkness were it probably returned to Riku's heart. Thus explaining why Riku would have a physical form when they closed the door.

If Sora was "just a heart" then I don't think his appearance would have aged while in that state. However, before merging with Roxas, it can be seen when the pod opens up that Sora has indeed aged while he has been asleep.

Personally here is what I believe happened:

Darkness has the power to take and destroy, but light has the power to give and create.

When Sora was a Heartless, Kairi found him in the castle and wrapped here arms around him as she called out to Sora. She was able to cut through the darkness and call Sora back. The light of Kairi's heart freed Sora's heart from the hold darkness had on it, and that same light reconstructed a brand new body and soul for Sora's heart.

Notice how no one ever said that Sora needed Roxas in order to regain his body and soul. They needed Roxas so Sora could have his power and memories back, not his vessel. Sora lacking a vessel was never brought up or even made a concern.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
When Xehanort was just heart, he was incapable of possessing a fitting physical form.

I think him stating in the later reports added in the final mix that him seeing no evident change due to casting off his body would say otherwise.

In fact, he relied on possessing the body and soul of another individual, this being Riku.

Ten years into being only a Heart. How can you say such prolongued exposure to Darkness had nothing to do with it, especially in light of what he said in the reports?

If Sora was "just a heart" then I don't think his appearance would have aged while in that state. However, before merging with Roxas, it can be seen when the pod opens up that Sora has indeed aged while he has been asleep.

Sora and Roxas could've affected each other. Also, you're forgetting that what really gives meaning to one's appearance is the Heart, not the vessel. Namely - that's the thing aging, so Sora aging is actually what makes sense here. It could also come to explain the age difference between XH and Xemnas (with Roxas having an arguable Heart explaining why he did age).

A

Audo

I don't really get why people think Xehanort's Heartless didnt have a physical form. A floating heart can't give shape to a robe. He had some sort of body, like all Heartless do. It just, to get what he wanted, he needed to be a complete being, and that was why he required Riku.

well the thing is that in kingdom hearts there are no souls the hearts are there souls
There is most definitely souls in Kingdom Hearts >.>

Do you have a video of that?
Oddly don't remember it.

Actually, I don't even remember if I died from normal Heartless ever in KH2, but I know for a fact that I died from them in KH2FM. I feel pretty sure the death sequence was unchanged.
Do I have a video of Sora dying? No, who would bother filming that?
Just boot up the game and die.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
well the thing is that in kingdom hearts there are no souls the hearts are there souls

Uh, no.
The being is made up of a Heart, a Body, and a Soul.
The Soul gives Life. Soul leaving the Body means Death. However, it remains with the Body when a Nobody is cast off.
The Heart gives Self, Identity - Existence, going by how Nobodies are non-existent and they lack Hearts.
The Body is the vessel that houses it all.

Awards
I think him stating in the later reports added in the final mix that him seeing no evident change due to casting off his body would say otherwise.

In his defense,
I have transcended to an existence of only the heart. I should have come back as a Heartless, but there is no sign of such a transformation.
My body has surely perished. However, I am different from the other Heartless, keeping the memories of before, and I have not taken on the form of a Heartless.

He never said anything about not changing physically.

Do I have a video of Sora dying? No, who would bother filming that?
Just boot up the game and die.

I can't, but

4:35 (only one I could find)

No heart.

Key of Valor

The Professor
Smile said:

Actually, Xehanort's Heartless didn't say that he remained the same after he transcended into solely a heart. What he said is that he didn't transform into a typical Heartless. Quite possibly his form did undergo some sort of change, but the transformation itself was not anything like what normal Heartless undergo.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
When Sora's heart came into contact with Kairi's it was purified so his heart probally made an artificial body and soul.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Sora never had an artificial Body and Soul, and it's entirely possible for a being to be sentient and exist as just a Heart, as witnessed by Xehanort's Heartless.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
But XH needed a physical body( Riku) in order to gain acces to the DTD. And secondly there no way to prove me wrong just as there's no way to prove me right

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
XH wanted Riku's Body because he wanted to be whole, and arguably because of Riku's potential with the Keyblade that seems to have proven itself with them creating the Heart Unlocker.
Besides that, however, how does anything you said support your point aside from showing just how baseless your claim is? :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back