• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Soras Dream

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Yes you can

True darkness can corrupt people but that's because they allowed power to control them not the other way around.
Without a strong enough will you will fall prey to being controlled.

Remember Riku?
In his first dark form he didn't let the darkness take control he wielded it as his own, otherwise it would have consumed him (remember I am referring to his v1 form). You could also say the same about light being able to harm or corrupt people. During the encounter with Zexion in Reverse Rebirth he used the power of light to overwhelm Riku, can't that be an example?

No matter what the element a person can conjure be it light, darkness, twilight or even nothingness anyone can be corrupted by power. But with a strong enough heart can wield that power without being endanger of being swallowed by it.

Iridium

Awards
Sora's heart was stronger at the time, Sora had his friends for support while Riku was alone not being helped by anyone else. All he had was power and obviously the power of friendship prevailed.

Kind of corny if you think about it :p

Iridium

Awards
That and the game was appealing to a younger audience.
Yeah KH2 did the same but it was more serious.

Though I consider KH1 way darker than 2.

Cealis

Memory Skyscaper. Damn those people running up it.
"...Darkness is not neccesarily bad its just the way you use it"
Wrong.Darkness is bad;no matter how much he says "but I'm using for my friends" because the Darkness ends up controling him, so no one truely masters the darkness.

Before I say anything, I'd just like to add to the negation of this that Yttrxium started.

Darkness is not "bad". If it was, why would, near the end of KH2, all three keybearers, Riku, Sora, and Mickey, agree that there must be both light and darkness in the world? Why on the beach at the end of the game, would Sora agree with Riku to be the darkness if that darkness was evil? Especially since Sora was fighting for the realm of light the last three games. It doesn't add up.

But, as for what was first brought up. That dream was called an "Awakening". Both Sora and Roxas had it. So far there is no indication that Riku or Mickey, the other Keybearers, have had it. No one can really explain it, but I think that all of the Keybearers will go through that dream sequence. After all, it is when they first get their keyblade, where their heart seems to be tested. So why not?

They keyblade chooses its wielder. Nomura said this and it was addressed in game. So, VAT have no say in the matter, seeing as they aren't keyblades. Also, this would actually point to the Awakening aspect, seeing as this could be the keyblade's final test to see if a person can handle it.

A lot of conjecture, but its food for thought.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It does matter that is the only reason why Riku didn't get the keyblade in the first place because he turned to darkness.

To be more precise, it's because he fell into Darkness. Using Darkness or Light doesn't matter, the strength of your Heart does. Riku however didn't just turn to the Darkness, he was over-taken by it, indicating his weakness of Heart.

Ha! VAT have no power over the Keyblade!

LS says otherwise, and Nomura backed him up by saying there's a scene in FM+ indicating Riku is a chosen wielder, showing us that yes, when LS told Sora that he didn't choose him, he was indeed talking about the Keyblade and it wasn't a coincidence he said that right after noticing Sora was wielding the thing.

Ya know whats funny, that the kingdom key ran away from riku when he got darkness in his heart but in BBS, we notice that terra is in the darkness and still doesnt loose his keyblade, how weird isnt it?

Uh, KH1 Hollow Bastion? Keyblade went to Riku just fine then, and he was Darkness tainted just fine :\

"...Darkness is not neccesarily bad its just the way you use it"
Wrong.Darkness is bad;no matter how much he says "but I'm using for my friends" because the Darkness ends up controling him, so no one truely masters the darkness.

Setting aside the fact we don't know what happened to Terra, and the fact I think he's talking about the Keyblade more than he does Darkness (and thus - he wields the Keyblade for his friends, not to become a Master), one can use the Darkness just fine :\ if the Darkness ends up controlling someone, it's because they're weak of Heart, not because the Darkness is all powerful and the outcome is known from the start.

On topic.

The Destati sequence at the start was probably the Keyblade just making sure it was choosing the right person for the job in Riku's stead, seeing how Riku not only turned to the Darkness - but he did so because he was weak and tempted. That's why it kept testing Sora by battling his inner Darkness and asking him to tell it more about himself - so that once the transfer was done, the Keyblade won't have any regrets

Last edited:

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
Another thing to consider is that KH1 is told from Sora's point of view. How do we know that Riku didn't have his own Destati dream sequence? It would explain why he talks to Sora and Kairi about their destinies and why he is so convinced that there's more to their lives than what Destiny Islands can offer them. He mentions the "door" opening when Heartless arrive on DI. Maybe he misinterpreted the meaning, and thought that it meant opening the door to his world, not the Door to Light.

We know that Sora was meant to get a Keyblade too, just not that particular one at that particular time. So that would explain why he had the dreams too.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Maybe he misinterpreted the meaning, and thought that it meant opening the door to his world, not the Door to Light.

Actually, I think that's one heck of an indication to show that he's the one that opened the door to the Heart of their World more than anything.
If Riku really did have a Destati, I doubt it went as well as Sora's did :\ kind of makes me wonder how well it would have went had Kairi cared about him as much as she seems to care about Sora and watched Riku in his sleep too, as that's one of the possible explanations to why Sora wasn't eaten by the Darkness after he beat Darkside if we compare Kairi's presence at the time to Namine rescuing Roxas at the end of his own Destati

micromatt8

i think riku got the keyblade because he wanted to help kairi (who he obviously "liked") but he got the keyblade and turned to darkness as he needed more power than what sora did because people helped sora, so the fact is that riku didnt get taken over by darknesss he chose the darkness because he needed more power. off topic there is another keybearer by the name of kairi just in case no-one else saw that.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
i think riku got the keyblade because he wanted to help kairi

Terra likely gave him the Keyblade before Kairi was even meant to be thrown off of Radiant Garden. Riku wouldn't even have known she existed when he originally got the Keyblade - from Terra.

(who he obviously "liked")

He obviously resented Sora letting Kairi into Sora and Riku's Secret Place as children. He also resented Sora giving more of a damn about Donald, Goofy and Kairi then he seemed possible of caring about Riku.
Riku obviously didn't like Kairi in that manner. Him teasing Sora about her was to
1) tease him
2) revenge. Sora hurt Riku with Kairi, so Riku'd use Kairi to hurt Sora and prove to himself he was a better friend than Sora was.

but he got the keyblade and turned to darkness

Riku falling to Darkness = the reason why the Keyblade ran off screaming to Sora.

as he needed more power than what sora did because people helped sora, so the fact is that riku didnt get taken over by darknesss he chose the darkness because he needed more power.

He turned to Darkness because he hated the plot of rock he spent his entire life living on.

off topic there is another keybearer by the name of kairi just in case no-one else saw that.

Off topic there is another Key bearer by the name of Riku who Duel Wielded and let the Princess of Heart Kairi hold onto it for five minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back