• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[SPOILER ALERT!] What do you think will/want to be Retconned in DDD?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tenchi ryu

One thing that would be interesting to see Deconstructed is the Darkness of the KH universe. Its not a surprise that most of the main characters are "Light-Bias", and even Master Eraqus was as judgmental to Darkness as you can get. So to have some clarification on what the Darkness and the Light is really all about.

Samhain

Bronze Member
The best retcon ever from Mr Nomura

"Heartless have always been there blalblalblalblalalbla only in the realm of darkness duuurrrr"

yeah uh huh sure. ...AX created the heartless. that's how we know it is and then Nomura goes retconning it "oh yeah heartless always been there"

"only in the realm of darkness"

stupid, stupid, stupid.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards

"Heartless have always been there blalblalblalblalalbla only in the realm of darkness duuurrrr"

yeah uh huh sure. ...AX created the heartless. that's how we know it is and then Nomura goes retconning it "oh yeah heartless always been there"

stupid, stupid, stupid.

To be honest, that wasn't even a bad retcon. We just learned that Purebloods have always existed (which, in my opinion, makes a lot more sense than them just being created) and the Emblems are what AX created.

Samhain

Bronze Member
To be honest, that wasn't even a bad retcon. We just learned that Purebloods have always existed (which, in my opinion, makes a lot more sense than them just being created) and the Emblems are what AX created.

it was an awful retcon
because THEN Nomura pulls some bullshit by having some heartless inBBS when MX was testing Ven's strength. they didn't explain shit. what now MX can summon heartless from the realm of darkness? more BBS things that Nomura never explained or never will explain because then they'll retcon more stuff.

if MX can summon heartless from the realm of darkness, how come he just couldn't summon KH since KH is in the realm of the darkness? what about the inverse keyblade that mickey found in RoD, how can MX couldn't summon that either?

Nomura had the nerve to bs us all this time and then make some stupid excuse. it's a fail excuse because heartless wouldn't just be roaming the RoL doing nothing.

Lonbilly

Awards
it was an awful retcon
because THEN Nomura pulls some bullshit by having some heartless inBBS when MX was testing Ven's strength. they didn't explain shit. what now MX can summon heartless from the realm of darkness? more BBS things that Nomura never explained or never will explain because then they'll retcon more stuff.

MX is a power-bucket and dwells in using darkness. is it that much of a stretch that he can summon beings of darkness? (i.e. pureblood Heartless) It's not complicated. It's like a magician summoning a Rabbit or like when Minnie summoned SDG to Disney Castle-ish.

if MX can summon heartless from the realm of darkness, how come he just couldn't summon KH since KH is in the realm of the darkness? what about the inverse keyblade that mickey found in RoD, how can MX couldn't summon that either?

1) KH isn;t a completely different force, and would probably take a lot more energy/power than a few Neo-Shadows. That's obvious.
2) We don't even know if the DKK existed then. And even if it did, once again, completely different from summoning Heartless.

Nomura had the nerve to bs us all this time and then make some stupid excuse. it's a fail excuse because heartless wouldn't just be roaming the RoL doing nothing.

The Heartless weren't roaming the RoL 'till AX opened the passageway for them. So it makes sense, Really, you're pitching a bigger fit than needed in my opinion ;>.>

Samhain

Bronze Member
No its simple heartless never existed during BBS till Nomura retconned like he always does 100000 times

its the guy he is
now he'll retcon "oh wait Xehanort did this because an evil force behind him was controlling him this whole time !!!"

i wouldn't be surprised.

this is why theories are now pointless for me. Nomura, the retconist will just go ahead and retcon everything like he always does/did

Lonbilly

Awards
No its simple heartless never existed during BBS till Nomura retconned like he always does 100000 times

From what we were given we thought that, but really, it's not that big of a deal. So he changed the rules a bit and decided to have Purebloods live before. It's not a big deal, nor did it change the game's story in anyway other than AX creating only the Emblems.

its the guy he is
now he'll retcon "oh wait Xehanort did this because an evil force behind him was controlling him this whole time !!!"

i wouldn't be surprised.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if that were to be. That would be a bad retcon, if done terribly. But all the game story-changers we have haven't exactly been bad.

this is why theories are now pointless for me. Nomura, the retconist will just go ahead and retcon everything like he always does/did

He changed one thing he went back on for KH. It's not like he's saying Kairi is actually a Princess of Darkness and Riku is actually her grandmother reincarnated.

Samhain

Bronze Member
true but anyway i also think Nomura has already retconned

DING DING, Apprentice Xehanort
as you can see in the trailer AX has a keyblade

BUT WAIT, i thought he lost his memories???? did he use that keyblade to open the door to radiant garden?

BUT THERE'S MORE TO THIS. Xehanort never ONCE mentioned using a keyblade to open the door to radiant garden. he just said
"Derp, the door didn't appear to be locked so i opened it" never mentioning a keyblade

oh and it gets better if Xehanort had a keyblade and clearly used it as AX then why the hell didn't XH use it? or Xemnas? more fail from Nomura. he should have just kept with Xehanort not having a keyblade as a scientist because he lost his memories. now he'll retcon 100650630 more things.

Lonbilly

Awards
true but anyway i also think Nomura has already retconned

DING DING, Apprentice Xehanort
as you can see in the trailer AX has a keyblade

BUT WAIT, i thought he lost his memories???? did he use that keyblade to open the door to radiant garden?

BUT THERE'S MORE TO THIS. Xehanort never ONCE mentioned using a keyblade to open the door to radiant garden. he just said
"Derp, the door didn't appear to be locked so i opened it" never mentioning a keyblade

oh and it gets better if Xehanort had a keyblade and clearly used it as AX then why the hell didn't XH use it? or Xemnas? more fail from Nomura. he should have just kept with Xehanort not having a keyblade as a scientist because he lost his memories. now he'll retcon 100650630 more things.

Yeah, I'm still hazy on that myself. He says there's a reason which will be explained, but i think AX shouldn't have had it originally. But I'm guessing he either lost it due to (another) amnesia case, couldn't use it as Xemnas (if he had no hearts, but it's hinted he had at least one or they had influence) and hence why he had Ethereal Blades, and had Guardian instead as Ansem SoD because, if memory serves me right, in the BbS battle with Terranort the Keyblade goes away into the ground and Guardian appears, then disappears when the Keyblade he appears.

but even then, it's still awkward.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Hasn't Xehanort had enough amesia cases? Nomura is a fool. hes just digging himself bigger plotholes by having AX weilding a keyblade

they could have just went by the SAR's and say AX and the other apprentices lost their hearts by walking through the door of Radiant Garden

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

stupid, stupid, stupid.
What are you talking about. Xehanort himself, in the Ansem Reports from the first Kingdom Hearts, acknowledges the difference between "natural" Heartless and the "artificial" emblem Heartless he created.

From Ansem Report 8:
As a start, I have built a device that artificially creates Heartless...The artificially and naturally created Heartless showed nearly identical traits...I will mark the ones that are created artificially.
Stop throwing a fit over a retcon that never happened.

Samhain

Bronze Member
What are you talking about. Xehanort himself, in the Ansem Reports from the first Kingdom Hearts, acknowledges the difference between "natural" Heartless and the "artificial" emblem Heartless he created.

From Ansem Report 8:
Stop throwing a fit over a retcon that never happened.

what are YOU talking about
read Ansem Report 2 and then come back to me

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Ansem Report 2 talks about how he was experimenting with darkness and people's hearts.
Heartless are formed when a heart falls to darkness.
Unless you're actually trying to argue that Ansem Report 8 contradicts Ansem Report 2, the only thing you can take from that is that Heartless have always existed.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Ansem Report 2 talks about how he was experimenting with darkness and people's hearts.
Heartless are formed when a heart falls to darkness.
Unless you're actually trying to argue that Ansem Report 8 contradicts Ansem Report 2, the only thing you can take from that is that Heartless have always existed.
Don't bother he's been on about this since BBS came out. Despite evidence to the contrary.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Don't bother he's been on about this since BBS came out. Despite evidence to the contrary.
Some people just never learn to give up ;~;.

I'm expecting nothing to be retconned. Like, for real real.

Keystaff Master

Some people just never learn to give up ;~;.

I don't there's a need for anymore retcons. Things as they are now can be tied together pretty decently now, I think. Considering the first big retcon (Ansem, SoD being Xehanort's Heartless) was only made so that the series mythos can be expanded, I don't think the series requires anymore expanding (at least not in THIS saga).

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

Man, you just dont shut up, your getting worked up over a retcon that never happend and made a ton of sense to begin with
Back to the thread shall we? I dont mind retcons I just dont like them where we dont need them *cough* xion *cough*

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Man, you just dont shut up, your getting worked up over a retcon that never happend and made a ton of sense to begin with
Back to the thread shall we? I dont mind retcons I just dont like them where we dont need them *cough* xion *cough*

Xion isn't really a retcon. She was just an unneeded addition that somehow fit where she was put because we knew nothing about that point of time.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Xion isn't really a retcon. She was just an unneeded addition that somehow fit where she was put because we knew nothing about that point of time.
That's classic a KH retcon right there lol it manages to work with the narrative rather than go against it.

I think it's inevitable that a previously established fact will be changed to suit the current stories needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back