• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[SPOILER] KH2.8 Special credits (the one on the game selection menu)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If Sokai does become canon at the end of KH3 I doubt the dynamic between the characters would change that much.

Given this series is E rated I get the feeling Nomura would avoid any explicit displays of affection.

Yamuraiha

Awards
I personally feel like any romance involving two characters from "the trios" would kinda disturb the flow of their dynamic? (and kinda the game) and also what it stands for? Like please just... let them be friends and don't add romance to it. But also how likely it is that we'll get something like that.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
hetero romance never adds anything to the situation

and yet, there is no escape
Can't help but agree. I liked these credits at first and I was like what is everyone talking about this so lovely and par for the course KH, then I saw what everyone was talking about.
Don't do it Nomura.

Plus, I'm worried Kairi's only being brought back as a love interest.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I personally feel like any romance involving two characters from "the trios" would kinda disturb the flow of their dynamic? (and kinda the game) and also what it stands for? Like please just... let them be friends and don't add romance to it. But also how likely it is that we'll get something like that.

I know I bumped this thread to fan the flames of the shipping war, but I feel the same tbh. I like them just being a trio of really close friends. Sora clearly loves all of his friends equally, anyways.

Can't help but agree. I liked these credits at first and I was like what is everyone talking about this so lovely and par for the course KH, then I saw what everyone was talking about.
Don't do it Nomura.

Plus, I'm worried Kairi's only being brought back as a love interest.

Yeah. I'd be totally fine if it didn't reek of that.

If Sokai does become canon at the end of KH3 I doubt the dynamic between the characters would change that much.

Given this series is E rated I get the feeling Nomura would avoid any explicit displays of affection.

Even in T-rated stuff he avoids explicit displays of romance. i.e FF7, FF8, TWEWY, Crisis Core...

I know that for 7 and 8 he was character designer but as more interviews come out in recent years, the more obvious it is that he did have a fair amount of input when it came to the characters and the plot of the games. And then TWEWY is this weird brain child of his, Hasegawa, and Kando's. And Crisis Core was definitely Nomura's brain child with Tabata giving it life.

what about zack x aqua
did everyone forget
:(

They were never fated to be together. Too many years apart...One of them might be dead(?) It would never work out.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
They were never fated to be together. Too many years apart...One of them might be dead(?) It would never work out.
Plus Aqua is a lesbian, so.

tumblr_nzowb5pZiX1rku80no2_250.gif

the real otp of bof by slep

Yamuraiha

Awards
I know I bumped this thread to fan the flames of the shipping war, but I feel the same tbh. I like them just being a trio of really close friends. Sora clearly loves all of his friends equally, anyways.

Exactly... if you're into SoKai you'll have enough canon scenes to back up your ship, if you like SoRiku the same goes for that ship. And also in the end Riku <-> Kairi care for each other too... it's what makes the relationship between the characters so sweet because they just love each other in a really sweet and pure way and anything that changes that dynamic by making a couple canon would just feel out of place.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
we dont know what going what happen in kh3 part of me want me to have them stay as trio but also part of want me to see nomura can make sora and kairi work without intrepting the flow of the trio

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Plus Aqua is a lesbian, so.

tumblr_nzowb5pZiX1rku80no2_250.gif

the real otp of bof by slep

Cinderella was a lucky lady. She had not one but three suitors.

Oh, I know it would be impossible. xD
I was actually kidding. :D Should've made it more clear, sorry.

I was joking too. xD

Exactly... if you're into SoKai you'll have enough canon scenes to back up your ship, if you like SoRiku the same goes for that ship. And also in the end Riku <-> Kairi care for each other too... it's what makes the relationship between the characters so sweet because they just love each other in a really sweet and pure way and anything that changes that dynamic by making a couple canon would just feel out of place.

Mmhm. If nothing else, it would be amazing to see their strong friendship and love for each other to be a focal point of KH3.

we dont know what going what happen in kh3 part of me want me to have them stay as trio but also part of want me to see nomura can make sora and kairi work without intrepting the flow of the trio

Of course we don't. That is why we speculate to the moon and back.

Well, it wouldn't just be Nomura that would need to work it out but I wouldn't pin any hopes on it. 15 years is a fair amount of evidence against him and the writing staff...

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Would it really be that difficult to make Sokai believable? Unlike any of the other OCs they actually have a basis for a romantic relationship to build from.

I think Nomura could pull it off

Muke

whatever
Awards
Let's be honest… SoRiku is far more believable than SoKai will ever be at this point.
(srsly, if there should be one couple in KH, it should be SoRiku and nothing else because they just have this awesome dynamic and… two words: kh2 and ddd)

Yamuraiha

Awards
It doesn't seem like something I'd believe was a genuine idea from the beginning if they add SoKai and try to make it somehow ... believable? Since it would feel to me pretty random and another case of >he was a boy she was a girl can I make it any more obvious.<
especially when the relationships between the trio had always the same kind of dynamic to me. Also maybe it's just me but with f/m couples I really enjoy platonic relationships because they're way more refreshing to me... and I'm more happy with Sora/Kairi being friends than seeing another female character become a love interest.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Would it really be that difficult to make Sokai believable? Unlike any of the other OCs they actually have a basis for a romantic relationship to build from.

I think Nomura could pull it off

I mean isn't this generally the crux of these discussions debating romance vs friendship and SoKai vs every pairing?

Some people don't see Sora and Kairi as having a relationship with any solid foundation underneath them compared to any other pairing (i.e. SoRiku, SoNami, etc.)

You have too much faith in Nomura as a writer. I truly do like his work and him as a person but I don't trust him with quite a few things when it comes to story and thematic design: plots that flow, family, and romance. I can't think of any of his games where I felt fulfilled on any of those parts. Can you name any games that he had a considerable role in their creation with these aspects fleshed out in a meaningful, fulfilling manner?

I'd say World of Final Fantasy is probably the only one that managed to get "family" right...every other game where he was creative producer or director of have lacked in all three areas.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
what if they did the relationship like hermione and ron in harry potter where there realtionship metion at all but at the final book they get together

Muke

whatever
Awards
what if they did the relationship like hermione and ron in harry potter where there realtionship metion at all but at the final book they get together
Wha-- ?
I don't understand what you mean at all xDD care to explain? Do you mean not mention their relationship at all but let them get together in the finale? Wouldn't that seem to… sudden?

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Wha-- ?
I don't understand what you mean at all xDD care to explain? Do you mean not mention their relationship at all but let them get together in the finale? Wouldn't that seem to… sudden?
not really i mean they alway been a trio the series and they wasnt mention about realtionships so it could work

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I mean, don't we still have people who also say Harry and Hermione should have ended up together because there was more evidence? And even JK Rowling who said she regrets having Hermione and Ron as end-game xD

I don't think Harry Potter is the best example in this situation. That series is just as big of a shipping mess as any other franchise xD There are published books and articles that argue against the 19 years later epilogue, at that.

And anyways, they SRK weren't developed the same way the Golden Trio was in HP. It's not comparable.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I mean, don't we still have people who also say Harry and Hermione should have ended up together because there was more evidence? And even JK Rowling who said she regrets having Hermione and Ron as end-game xD

I don't think Harry Potter is the best example in this situation. That series is just as big of a shipping mess as any other franchise xD There are published books and articles that argue against the 19 years later epilogue, at that.

And anyways, they SRK weren't developed the same way the Golden Trio was in HP. It's not comparable.
yeah i forget anout that when jk said said that

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I just want my SoKai ship.
Not for any future maybe perhaps things Nomura could put in KH III, but for things that are already there.

In my mind, things like Paopu, the red string of fate, a good half of the dialogue in CoM and scenes like Sora seeing himself and Kairi dancing in Halloween Town to name a few kinda trump over any other possible ship for Sora or Kairi at this point.
To me SoKai is nothing less than a fact, hindered by how awful Kairi's character was handled in the series. As stated multiple times, it's really easy to hate Kairi. And obviously one is rarely going to wish to see a hated character happy or romatically involved, too.
(and by how strongly certain types of people want RiSo no matter what)

Then, people can and will disagree as it's their right to do so. I like to think I'm finally done trying to force people to see it my way at this point.
All of this being said, I also don't think KH III will be "the shipping book" or something. It's the same with the unanswered lore, people put a lot of faith in KH III thinking it will answer everything, I'm fairly certain it wont. It's still a KH game, it will say something, create further mysteries, retconning previous stuff, and keeping some things vague enough, including the romantic stuff I think.

Muke

whatever
Awards
In my mind, things like Paopu, the red string of fate, a good half of the dialogue in CoM and scenes like Sora seeing himself and Kairi dancing in Halloween Town to name a few kinda trump over any other possible ship for Sora or Kairi at this point.
tumblr_n9arnsLpoh1r9j9xbo1_250.gif

tumblr_m2pd3zLxbg1r63z97o2_250.gif
tumblr_static_tumblr_static_7fjgymqmb1ss04gsccg04sk80_640.gif

183225_o.gif

one imagined dance together and two hugs (one and a half) throughout the whole series versus all of ddd + these gifs?

Anyways, @mods, please tell us if this turns into a shipping war too fast xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back