• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) KINGDOM HEARTS X[chi] Special Episode

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Interesting take on the whole issue, and yes, the parallels to the 100 Acre Wood are also definitely there.

It is possible that she initially learned about it from MX and that this is just her playing "errand girl" for Xehanort again while thinking she's doing it all for her own ambitions.

I hope she's not just an errand girl again, but... it seems so likely. But I forgot that there is more than one book, Maleficent could have just found one of them... but are they all connected in that way (as in, sharing the place where the dandelions are sleeping?)? I guess they could be.

Don't forget that Yen Sid has that book that details the past, present, and future.

I didn't include Yen Sid's only because there isn't any indication that a world is stored inside of it. Which links to my question above if all the books of prophecies are linked because in that case, I assume only one of the books hold the sleeping dandelions, that probably being Ava's.

This also makes Merlin's weird statements about "AWAKEN YOUR INNER POWER WITH THIS WINNE THE POOH BOOK", there's probably something else to it in that exchange. Other than unlocking a command board

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
What somewhat irks me about this is that the "it was all a dream"-ending may just have got more plausibility-points at least for some parts of the whole series.
It is at least one way how to interpret the initial message Chaser posted about the subject...
It might be a little too early to be drawing conclusions, since all we've got is a rough translation. Slight wording changes can completely shift the implications of a sentence sometimes.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I hope she's not just an errand girl again, but... it seems so likely. But I forgot that there is more than one book, Maleficent could have just found one of them... but are they all connected in that way? I guess they could be.

I didn't include Yen Sid's only because there isn't any indication that a world is stored inside of it. Which links to my question above if all the books of prophecies are linked because in that case, I assume only one of the books hold the sleeping dandelions, that probably being Ava's.

This also makes Merlin's weird statements about "AWAKEN YOUR INNER POWER WITH THIS WINNE THE POOH BOOK", there's probably something else to it in that exchange. Other than unlocking a command board

It would certainly better if it would not be, but looking at other things this seems to be a flurry of parallels swung about, so that may be one too.

Well, the five copies held by the Foretellers are derived/copied from the original one the Master of Masters held (or maybe still holds). However, copies can diverge into something of their own depending on influences despite having the same origin while still being connected.
We have already two seen two prominent instances in the KH series, one being a character and another being a world.
The character in question is Roxas, as he was created/born as a copy from elements of Sora, but developed into something of his own while still being heavily connected to Sora. The same could also be applied to Naminé, Xion and possibly even Vanitas, although to different degrees.
The world in question is Space Paranoids/The Grid, that one being even outright described by Xemnas in DDD. Space Paranoids is a copy of The Grid and the Tron in one of them is different to the other, but they are still somehow connected as Sora eventually managed to reach The Grid-Tron's/Rinzler's heart despite never having met him before, possibly due to his connection to Space Paranoids-Tron who despite diverging and developing into a different entity/person is still somehow connected to The Grid-Tron/Rinzler.

Xemnas also speaks about that data can be copied. If you do the same with a magical book you get a similar result.
Thus, it is possible that all of the five copies of the BoP are slightly different due to influence from the respective Foreteller that wielded it.
The sleeping Dandelions would most likely indeed be in Ava's copy though.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
But then how else did Yen Sid summon those holograms of the Heartless, Organization XIII, and Donald!?!?!?!

CmMi2iyVEAAxHSX.jpg

I've seen Goldpanner's translations and a little spoiler alert: it seems like we've been travelling the worlds for a while? :(

Edit: AAHHH WHAT HAPPENED TO PETE

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
It might be a little too early to be drawing conclusions, since all we've got is a rough translation. Slight wording changes can completely shift the implications of a sentence sometimes.
I'll admit my work on the ending was pretty rough, but the text in the Short Episode is pretty straightforward, so I don't think I've made any serious mistakes.

Personally, I don't give much credence to "it was all a dream," even with the content of the Short Episode. I have my own thoughts but we'll see what this all really means in Season 2 and maybe Back Cover.

At any rate, some people like to call Nomura a hack but I can't imagine him doing all of this and then making the ending something so reprehensibly cheap.
If anything the entire concept of the Realm of Sleep is Nomura's way of turning "it was all just a dream" on its head.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Wha- oh that's right. Just because it's a dream doesn't mean it doesn't matter.​ Because this is Kingdom Hearts. *smacks forehead*

Hirokey123

Awards
Wha- oh that's right. Just because it's a dream doesn't mean it doesn't matter.​ Because this is Kingdom Hearts. *smacks forehead*
I feel sorry for the poor girl. She must believe that because this is the world of a dream that only she could enter because she holds power over sleep. Having no idea our heroes already got the power to enter dreams whenever they want.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Fun fact: ever since getting my very own Chirithy this is how I wake up every morning
CrBzr1fUkAAuQsJ.jpg:large

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Guys, guys. Remember DDD's intro? Characters came out of FIVE books. Foreshadowing...?! :eek:
I think that was one of the very earliest theories about the Book of Prophecies but everyone just forgot since it's been 4 years and we're all so very tired.

PiliChain23

Awards
AND about the 'it was just a dream' we have the possibility of Chirithy lying for unknown reasons: "You nearly dying alone and seeing hundreds of friends perish before your own eyes that definitely didn't happen. What?! Recurring dreams of a battlefield and a terrifying cat monster, it's just your imagination! Please stop thinking about it."

P.S.: I doubt the player thinks a forest ground is a good place for naps.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
OP updated with goldpanner's translations and English subbed vids!

(also i forgot i was messing with the subs a few hours ago and left the 'a' in ephemer by accident oops)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Guys, guys. Remember DDD's intro? Characters came out of FIVE books. Foreshadowing...?! :eek:

Whoa, nice catch.
The very intro even starts with a Destiny Islands from a book and the whole intro itself (Sora's capsule, Axel & Roxas battle scene etc) is completely accompanied by book pages around everywhere.

The part of the Keyblade Graveyard started with only Sora, Riku, Mickey and MX present.
Then Terra, Aqua, Ventus, Roxas and Donald & Goofy appeared out of five different books (Donald and Goofy appeared from the same one).

BTW Chirithy says "lets go home" but like where is home :O

Daybreak Town obviously.
Player has a room/flat there after all.
Perhaps Chirithy thinks you can just open a portal (or how else you usually "go back" to Daybreak Town in x[chi]) and be done with it.

Narxus

Ok, so now that we've gotten all of that out of the way, can I just say...is it just me or are we left with more questions than answers after this ending?
What did this war have to do with the x-blade? What was Luxu's plan? What's his connection to Xehanort? IS there a connection to Xehanort? Who was there master? What were his plans? What happened to the Dandelions? What happened to the Player? How does Kingdom Hearts factor into any of this? What happened to the Foretellers? Who was the grey Chirithy? Who was the traitor?
There are just far too many questions!!!

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Ok, so now that we've gotten all of that out of the way, can I just say...is it just me or are we left with more questions than answers after this ending?
What did this war have to do with the x-blade? What was Luxu's plan? What's his connection to Xehanort? IS there a connection to Xehanort? Who was there master? What were his plans? What happened to the Dandelions? What happened to the Player? How does Kingdom Hearts factor into any of this? What happened to the Foretellers? Who was the grey Chirithy? Who was the traitor?
Please be excited for Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue and the upcoming continuation of the story in Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ

- Nomura

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

To be continued on KHx Back Cover and KHUx Season II.

*cue Dearly Beloved*

(insert NomuraLaughs.gif with KefkaLaugh.mp3 here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back