• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix Reveals TGS 2012 Lineup!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Square Enix has finally revealed their official lineup for Tokyo Game Show 2012 taking place September 20th - 23rd! While Kingdom Hearts will not be at the event, The World Ends With You -Solo Remix- for iOS products will be appearing alongside other upcoming titles like Bravely Default: Flying Fairy for the Nintendo 3DS and FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn for the PlayStation 3 and PC! Perhaps we'll even get lucky with some secret trailers? A new game announcement?

Source: Square Enix Events via Twitter

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
It's possible that a new KH thing could be announced, right? Or does something say for sure that KH won't be around at all?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nobody knows how much I want a game reveal for TWEWY. KH is great and I love it but I don't expect to hear anything about it for some time. Unless they reveal some kind of "out of the blue" game for KH then WELP.

But TWEWY. TWEWY has a chance. A big chance. ;A;

It's possible that a new KH thing could be announced, right? Or does something say for sure that KH won't be around at all?

Dunno. KH is not on the list of games to appear at the event. That doesn't mean we might not see anything, but don't get your hopes up.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
My main hopes are for a TWEWY 3DS sequel. But I'm also crossing my fingers for a HD KH Collection. Probably won't happen, but dear god I want it. ;w;

Phantom Knight

Still disappointed that Versus XIII won't make an appearance.

I'm interested in Bravely Default and hearing about FF3 PSP.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Well, this list is sort of disappointing. Oh well. Like many others here, I'm hoping for a closed theater type deal. I want to get more news on the possible TWEWY sequel, KH (though, sadly, I doubt it'll be there), Versus, Lightning Returns, and maybe the FFX HD Remake. Oh, and of course a possible Type-0 localization. Any one of these things will make me really happy, and I hope we see at least one of them.

Or who knows? Maybe Square will surprise us again like they did with Agni's Philosophy? And maybe they'll do something with that and/or FFXV (if they aren't one in the same, that is).

Still... I'm not getting my hopes up on anything. Though Square has a lot they can surprise us with, I'm going to believe that all we'll see is what's they've listed as their lineup. But man do I hope I get proven wrong!

Roro

Awards
Wow TGS time already? Time sure does fly, I remember this time last year where I had just joined these forums to follow KH3D's coverage,but enough reminiscing.

No KH in the lineup? Thats to be expected, maybe they'll surprise us with it but not likely, well then I hope Square cooks up something good this year, the line up seems pretty boring right now imo, but thats just me :p

soraalam1

I'm thinking the same thing. HD collection or a fighter (<---strange, I know)

And why no Versus!?

Last edited:

k99y77

Awards
Dunno. KH is not on the list of games to appear at the event. That doesn't mean we might not see anything, but don't get your hopes up.
So... do you think a KH3 announcement is possible? or an HD collection?
Well there goes the anticipation that I had when it came to Tokyo Game Show.
I really hope square never makes a game like FF Versus XIII again. so that we don't have to wait the same amount of time (or maybe even more) for KH4.

Last edited:

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I thought we were supposed to hear something KH related soon? Nomura said that months ago, hopefully something KH related might pop up.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I thought we were supposed to hear something KH related soon? Nomura said that months ago, hopefully something KH related might pop up.

Looking at how games have been announced in the past, usually we know what the next KH game is pretty soon after the last known one has been released. Days-BBS-Coded were all announced at the TGS after KH2FM released, and then 3D was announced before BBS even released in NA.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website

Nomura's "soon" and our version of it are two different things, though. LOL. I mean, look at what happened with Versus and BbSV2 (which is all but cancelled now).

In all honesty, though, I hope we hear something. I know some people are hoping for a KH3 announcement, but I don't have much hope that we'll see it anytime soon. Unless, magically, they've already begun working on it. That would either mean the Osaka team's started on it after all, or Versus is getting closer to completion. Anyway...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nomura's "soon" and our version of it are two different things, though. LOL. I mean, look at what happened with Versus and BbSV2 (which is all but cancelled now).

In all honesty, though, I hope we hear something. I know some people are hoping for a KH3 announcement, but I don't have much hope that we'll see it anytime soon. Unless, magically, they've already begun working on it. That would either mean the Osaka team's started on it after all, or Versus is getting closer to completion. Anyway...

BBSv2 wasn't really anything that existed, though. It was all just fan conjecture until Nomura said "there is a story there, but no plans to make a game about it."

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
BBSv2 wasn't really anything that existed, though. It was all just fan conjecture until Nomura said "there is a story there, but no plans to make a game about it."

Yeah, you're right. I guess I just took this quote to mean they had started on something: "I used 'A Fragmentary Passage' without regard to its context. What I mean is, there's a story for Volume Two, without using that scene." I suppose I just assumed it was the Mystery Game without much evidence, but it seems it's just an idea Nomura had that he might implement later (like maybe in KH3).

Out of curiosity, did we ever find out what the Mystery Game was? Nomura always confused me when he talked about it, especially since he seemed to hint that the Secret Episode in BBSFM was tied to it. But I might be mistaken on that front... Either way, it seems like the next KH is definitely III. If we do see the Mystery Game, it'll probably be in the next saga...

Oran

Awards
Ya Im personaly not expecting any big reveal this year. I think Squares got there hands full as is what with all there projects. Im really looking foward to Breavly Default and does anyone know if Tomb Raider will make an aperance?

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I doubt we'll hear anything KH3 related at all as Versus appears to be dead, I'm just hoping for an HD collection.

But at least TWEWY is at TGS, right? Sequel plz?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Out of curiosity, did we ever find out what the Mystery Game was?

Apparently that had been put on hold for KH3D's development if I remember correctly. As of now it is unknown what the game was.

So... do you think a KH3 announcement is possible? or an HD collection?

My opinion is that they won't announce KH3. I can see an HD collection, but honestly KH announcements have always been unexpected to me. xD

k99y77

Awards
My opinion is that they won't announce KH3. I can see an HD collection, but honestly KH announcements have always been unexpected to me. xD
Im just surprised Versus is not done yet i remember last it was entering full production it should have been done this year. but no they have to work on FFXIII-3 and FFXIV and other games that nobody cares about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back