• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square Enix shifting towards Nintendo, and away from Sony?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
You forget the next line: "Would a core gamer want to play it? No."

That was not a comment on the hardware, that was a comment on the game they previously made, which was a Princess Game. So he was not stating the hardware was not for the core gamer, he was saying that the first game they made on the platform may not have been

Plus, my point was that they sounded like they'd be able to understand the cinematic, technological drive of someone like Squenix, not that that was the only thing they were going for. So, no, I wouldn't come to an opposite conclusion from that sentence.

But Square Enix have never been "oh man all our stuff has to be on the biggest and baddest hardware out there fgsfds", otherwise Kingdom Hearts would have been on the Xbox or Gamecube, and they would have supported the GameGear, and a good portion of their development would not be going to making DS games.

Sony hasn't been the proprietor of high-end hardware up until the PSP/PS3 came out, S-E was inadvertently supporting the people with the weakest hardware for the past decade, but suddenly when the PS3 comes out that's what's important?

Last edited:

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
I think it is still quite possible for KH3 to appear on the PS3, I mean "currently" Square Enix is developing two big exclusive titles for the PS3. One which is developed by the Kingdom Hearts team. Nomura stated somewhere that Final Fantasy Versus 13 is similar to Kingdom Hearts in regards to how the battle system will play out, of course since this new title is based off a darkner and more mature universe, the differences of the two games will be quite great. I'm just saying that including some of that knowledge from earlier work on the PS3 will be benefitical if Square Enix decides to make Kingdom Hearts possible on the PS3. Square Enix is not dissing Sony, the president wants to see what kind of direction Sony plans on taking the PS3, before making dynamic chocies.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
That was not a comment on the hardware, that was a comment on the game they previously made, which was a Princess Game. So he was not stating the hardware was not for the core gamer, he was saying that the first game they made on the platform may not have been

Of course not, but that wasn't my point.

My point was, your quote can't lead you to believe anything about KHIII, because it's specifically referring to the Disney Princess line. The things I quoted were about the direction the company was taking as a whole.

But Square Enix have never been "oh man all our stuff has to be on the biggest and baddest hardware out there fgsfds", otherwise Kingdom Hearts would have been on the Xbox or Gamecube, and they would have supported the GameGear, and a good portion of their development would not be going to making DS games.

Sony hasn't been the proprietor of high-end hardware up until the PSP/PS3 came out, S-E was inadvertently supporting the people with the weakest hardware for the past decade, but suddenly when the PS3 comes out that's what's important?

Well, they did snub Nintendo over hardware before. That was part of the reason why they moved FFVII over to the Playstation - because N64 couldn't do their glorious CG cutscenes or pre-rendered backgrounds because of its lack of space. It's not quite a "we want only the biggest and best" thing, true - it's more of a "we're going to the console that lets us best do what we want" thing.

Which would explain why they wouldn't really care if the PS2 was a bit less powerful than the Gamecube or Xbox - it wasn't preventing them from doing what they wanted because the difference wasn't that big. (In fact, GC actually had less space than a DVD - and Xbox might as well have not existed in Japan).

So, the question should really be, "can the Wii do what Squenix wants to do with KHIII." Which really depends on a few things, but even the controller alone would create problems for the Wii. Not that they've been all too opposed to forcing people to buy extra hardware, but...

I<3Roxas

I could not imagine nomura telling all his fans to go out and buy a wii, then buy this fancy new keychain, resulting in the (drumroll) Wii-Chain! yay! Lets spend 60 bucks on a game and then another 30 to actually play it yay!!!!

Somehow, I dont' see this happening

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I could not imagine nomura telling all his fans to go out and buy a wii, then buy this fancy new keychain, resulting in the (drumroll) Wii-Chain! yay! Lets spend 60 bucks on a game and then another 30 to actually play it yay!!!!

Somehow, I dont' see this happening

My quote about "extra hardware" was actually meant to refer to the Wii's "classic controller." Which is, really, the only way to put KH on the Wii without doing something horrible to the controls (like waggle-cam x_x).

A Wiichain would just be silly, though. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back