• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square's downfall?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Super Eclipse: I didn't FF:AC sucked. It was good, but not great.

Sorry AC sucked, one the worse movies ever made.. So far, The Dead or Alive movie will be worse when it comes out making FFVII:AC the 2nd worse movie..XD

FFTSW was good.. And we all know why AC sold.. Its to bad ppl can't see how good the TSW was. :p

AngelofAdvent

Start the Machine
It's because it has a place in many people's hearts as "the first RPG they've ever played." The story, I thought, was alright, even though it was fairly generic, but the game was nice and simple, which is what I like about it. And who cares about graphics anyway?

Still there was nothing really special about it. Crono Cross was my first rpg and ya don't hear me saying its the greatest. And I'd like graphics that don't burn my eyes

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
KH2 isn't a bad game. It's better than the first. People just don't like it for some reason... >>;

I've never played FF7. Is this why I like AC? I thought it was purty.

IAmARevenant

I think the people who continuously hate on FF7 and act like it's the worst thing that ever happened are just trying to look cool by hating something that's popular.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
I think the people who continuously hate on FF7 and act like it's the worst thing that ever happened are just trying to look cool by hating something that's popular.

Lol, I doubt thats the case...

FF7 just wasnt that special. Nothing more, nothing less.

S-E wont die that easily. Mistwalker isnt a gift from God, we'll see how good it'll do. Right now, the strategy of Mistwalker sucks... they release their games on the 360, a system that is not popular in Japan. End of discussion. Most RPG lovers will want a PS3 (White Knight, Final Fantasy, Oblivion, though its not exclusive) and thus 360 wont be the best console to release your JRPG on. Whether its in US or Japan or Europe, most RPG fans will not go for the 360. Some, yes, of course. But some is not the majority.

Mistwalker is doomed to fail if they keep this up. Glad Sakaguchi has enough brains to release games on the Nintendo DS.

IAmARevenant

Well I just think it's stupid that some people are going on and on and on and on and on about how FF7 "ruined the gaming industry". I think it's just childish, and just a way to try to get attention.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Lol, I doubt thats the case...

FF7 just wasnt that special. Nothing more, nothing less.

S-E wont die that easily. Mistwalker isnt a gift from God, we'll see how good it'll do. Right now, the strategy of Mistwalker sucks... they release their games on the 360, a system that is not popular in Japan. End of discussion. Most RPG lovers will want a PS3 (White Knight, Final Fantasy, Oblivion, though its not exclusive) and thus 360 wont be the best console to release your JRPG on. Whether its in US or Japan or Europe, most RPG fans will not go for the 360. Some, yes, of course. But some is not the majority.

Mistwalker is doomed to fail if they keep this up. Glad Sakaguchi has enough brains to release games on the Nintendo DS.
The PSone was not popular in Japan at first.. WHats your point?

Your just mad because his making games for the 360 and not the PS3.. And the 360 will get better when it gets more games in Japan... Think about it your not going to buy a system that dosnt not have the games you like will you? That why so many companys are making JRPG for the 360 now. The 360 sells will go in Japan. YOU act like the 360 is going to die and it has no fans..

There strategy is great if you think about((Didn't ppl think Square strategy for moving to Sony was bad? Everyone though Sega and Nintendo would kill Sony)). There better companys that make RPGs not just Square and lvl5.. If they put games on the 360 all of them.. The 360 will Sell more and you say FF? What makes you think FFXIII will be any good? Just because it has great gfx? You think the 360 going to fail no matter what because you hate it.. That stupid.. To bad you fail to see how great the 360 is and how great all 3 systems are..

You fanboy mind blinds you.. You think if MS does something it sucks or its wrong. IF Sony does it its great and right..

Yet Sony is going to win, yet there not even out.. Not saying they won't win or they will fail. But you act like that..

Well I just think it's stupid that some people are going on and on and on and on and on about how FF7 "ruined the gaming industry". I think it's just childish, and just a way to try to get attention.
I hate FFVII to death, yes.. I used to think it was a decent game till Fanboys and girls made me hate more and more. Then Square making crappy spin offs it didnt help

I never said it ruined the gaming industry, get that right.. We all don't do that.. I think FFVII isnt the best RPG or best FF far form it.. Its overrated piss of crap. IS that a problem?

New2Ya

I'm lost...
The PSone was not popular in Japan at first.. WHats your point?
PSOne was a Japanese console and new on the market. 360 is an XBOX with more memory, power and flashy graphics. Its not new, as in a new company brings a new console. People saw how the XBOX went, it influences their decisions.

Your just mad because his making games for the 360 and not the PS3.. And the 360 will get better when it gets more games in Japan... Think about it your not going to buy a system that dosnt not have the games you like will you? That why so many companys are making JRPG for the 360 now. The 360 sells will go in Japan. YOU act like the 360 is going to die and it has no fans..
No I'm not. I'm saying that JRPG fans WILL NOT BUY a 360. When they are asked, "what games get you most excited?" they answer: "Final Fantasy, Blue Dragon, White Knight Story and Lost Oddysey!"

So you have 2 for 360, 3 (2 FFs) for PS3. Now you have the difference between the 360 and PS3. On a scale of 1 to 10, the chance a Japanese guy buy a PS3 is 8/10 and the chance a Japanese guy buys a 360 is 2/10. (Wii is not in this story for the moment)

Most Japanese wont buy a 360. The End.

So then we're in United States. Most JRPG fans there are excited for, who guessed it, Final Fantasy and White Knight Story. Why? Blue Dragon is too oldschool and Lost Oddysey is the same story. Sure they LOOK nice, but the battle looks so oldschool and trust me, it wont attract much JRPG fans in America, nor Europe.

They will rather buy a PS3 for White Knight and Final Fantasy 13, vs13. 3 JRPGs. Most people that do buy a 360 is not for Blue Dragon or Lost Oddysey, but for Gears of War, Mass Effect, Halo 3, etc. The shooters...

All in all, if Sakaguchi wants his games to sell the most, he shouldnt release it on the 360.

There strategy is great if you think about((Didn't ppl think Square strategy for moving to Sony was bad? Everyone though Sega and Nintendo would kill Sony)). There better companys that make RPGs not just Square and lvl5.. If they put games on the 360 all of them.. The 360 will Sell more and you say FF? What makes you think FFXIII will be any good? Just because it has great gfx? You think the 360 going to fail no matter what because you hate it.. That stupid.. To bad you fail to see how great the 360 is and how great all 3 systems are..
Read above. I give you a very clear way of how it 99% certainly will go.

You fanboy mind blinds you.. You think if MS does something it sucks or its wrong. IF Sony does it its great and right..
You're just trying to hide the fate of the 360 in Japan with pointing your finger at me. Accepting things isnt the end of your life you know. Especially when it comes to a gaming console.

Yet Sony is going to win, yet there not even out.. Not saying they won't win or they will fail. But you act like that..[/qoute]
Look at the titles for the PS3. They are more popular for Japanese people than the 360 has. Look at the numbers of 360s sold in Japan. It's a laugh!

IAmARevenant

I hate FFVII to death, yes.. I used to think it was a decent game till Fanboys and girls made me hate more and more. Then Square making crappy spin offs it didnt help

I never said it ruined the gaming industry, get that right.. We all don't do that.. I think FFVII isnt the best RPG or best FF far form it.. Its overrated piss of crap. IS that a problem?
I wasn't talking directly about you. And why would you let the fanboys ruin a game for you? When it comes to FF7, I just ignore the fanboys and love it like I always have.

sealightbreeze

Bronze Member
They need to get off of the Final Fantasy VII kick that they are currently on. I am not a fan of the game, but I do not totally hate it. But having so many sequels and a movie?! They are going a little but overboard. Instead of staying on one game, they can make new games, or make some other sequels to other games they have made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back