• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tetsuya Nomura shares new message about Kingdom Hearts Missing Link

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Kingdom Hearts Series Director Tetsuya Nomura has shared a new message regarding Kingdom Hearts Missing-Link following the initial tease made earlier this week. In his message, he states the following:

Good evening. Actually, it's been a while since I last posted, so I thought I'd post something, but I thought I'd share it quietly this time, but I was shocked by the response, so I'll leave it for another time. I'll be posting a little bit of information next week, so please follow me and wait. Also, in the previous [prototype] test, I said that it was about 50% of this service, but I would like to correct that last time it was about 30%.

Nomura also shared a brand new image of the game which features what looks to be a home in Scala Ad Caelum.

More information about Kingdom Hearts Missing-Link will be released next week.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Missing-Link, Kingdom Hearts IV, and all things Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You!

Last edited by a moderator:

AR829038

Awards
Does anyone else not quite know what he's talking about here or is it just me?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Does anyone else not quite know what he's talking about here or is it just me?
It's because we didn't report on it. He made a tweet stating the prototype test represented about 50% of all UI elements and the total service. He is correcting himself here and stating it was actually 30%.

He is also saying he's shocked at the overwhelming response on social media. The tweet he made blew up considerably and became a major trending topic.

Last edited:

LucemFerto

Awards
Oooh, is that our cozy home? Do we get to do some interior decorating like it's Animal Crossing? That would immediately make this the best entry in the series.

On a serious note, does this message say he drew a new piece of artwork, did I parse that correctly? Or is that in reference to an earlier tweet? I didn't quite understand that.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Scala looks gorgeous at night! Love the street lamp lighting. Also, it’s just dawning on me that we’ll likely have a day/night cycle in this game synced up with the real world clock. Possibly a weather system too. Can’t wait to explore Scala at night time.

Looking forward to next week!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oooh, is that our cozy home? Do we get to do some interior decorating like it's Animal Crossing? That would immediately make this the best entry in the series.

On a serious note, does this message say he drew a new piece of artwork, did I parse that correctly? Or is that in reference to an earlier tweet? I didn't quite understand that.
Yes he drew new art, but after seeing the overwhelming response to the previous tweet he decided to wait to share it. Probably knows he’ll break the internet

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I wonder if the game grew in scope following the Prototype test, explaining why it went from 50% down to 30% implementation.

Awards
Dunno what Nomura was expecting in regards to the tweet and hashtag blowing up. Oh sure, there was the beta test earlier this winter but that's what happens when you go without talking about the franchise, IV, Missing-Link or otherwise for a good while ever since the 20th Anniversary event :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Not to port beg again, but I'm really hoping that they are aiming for all consoles for this because I honestly have no desire to play this on just my phone/tablet. I will if necessary but I just...I miss playing games on my consoles? I miss KH on a console?
KH games on consoles, what a novel concept. What's next, playable 358/2 Days? :p

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I don’t want to get my hopes up, but maybe we’ll get updates on more than just Missing Link next week. I suspect Nomura might be a little facetious when he says a a “little bit” of information. If it is a new trailer, tying it to even a small new KH4 teaser would get it a lot more traction.

So I’m hoping it’ll actually be a drop similar to the anniversary trailer with updates for the franchise as a whole. Just for precedent, the major trailers for Ever Crisis and First Soldier were accompanied by updates on the console games that were also in development (Intergrade, Rebirth, and CC Reunion.) So maybe there will be a similar approach here.

On the topic of wanting more console games, if ML isn’t ported, I would love to see a new KH title developed by h.a.n.d. They did great work with NEO: TWEWY and I don’t know if they’ve been confirmed to be working on any other projects.

A week from Nomura’s post (11/2) is Dia de los Muertos, which would be the perfect time to reveal something related to Coco. 👀

Last edited:

NoWay

Awards
I really hope we’ll get monthly Missing Link story updates. Ux really helped through the time after ReMind’s release. I don’t remember if we got regular updates but it wasn’t a news drought like nowadays

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I really hope we’ll get monthly Missing Link story updates. Ux really helped through the time after ReMind’s release. I don’t remember if we got regular updates but it wasn’t a news drought like nowadays

There were definitely some droughts with UX. I think it was mainly to stretch things out so they could line up with the marketing and release of KH3 though. It picked up a lot after KH3 was finally out.
Funny how he's shocked by the overwhelming response as if nearly a year of absolute nothing didn't happen.

Nomura when fans are excited for his games: IMG_1256.jpeg

Back