• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Abhorsen Trilogy, nothing can stay dead forever

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

with_you_always

An Invincible Rp Legend
i liked it. this one was better than the last one i think. although i dont want to seem like some kind of wierd creepo guy, i just had to tell you what i thought of this chapter. i thought all in all it was good.( as always) but i want to here other peoples oppions not just my own. it seems each chapter gets better than the last one however. that means that not only are your chapters getting better you are. anyways good luck and keep up all the things that you do that we enjoy, so just letting you know that we all enjoy the story so far and its getting better. later.

[crash]

Summertime, Go Outside And Get Some
Ready, set, CHAPTER!!!

Nothing Stays Dead Forever

Chapter 14

Kibeth looked at dog with a smile, and Dog looked away shamed.

"They may have found him, but you never will." Dog barked back at Kibeth.

"Oh Dog you disappoint me, all I have to do is look through clayr eyes and see the future of where he will be never and I’ll have a trap waiting for him." She smiled wider than ever.

Dog laughed at how Kibeth didn't know Nick couldn't be seen by clayr and Kibeth hit her and sent Dog flying. Dog knew she would find Nick someway and she had to get away, but how?

Kibeth yelled out for a clayr and as she looked deep into the clayr's eyes she say the future of Lirael, but saw no extra person, and she looked even harder. Dog began a chant of the charter and the free magic chain around her neck began to fade and as Kibeth yelled out in anger Dog snuck out the back of the room.

Kibeth threw the clayr girl to the ground and had she taken back to the lock up. And as she looked over to where Dog would have been she screamed with so much have out side a piece of the glacier feel to the ground.

"Lirael? Is something wrong? You look pale." Nick said as she sat staring at his forehead.

"Nick you are now part of the charter. You were baptized by the Disreputable Dog and brought back from the river of death to do something that I don't even know yet..." Lireal said and then out of now where Dog appeared at her side.

"But I can...” Dog said nudging Lirael's hand as she leaned into her.

Lirael feel down to her knees and laid her hand on Dog's head making sure it was really, then as she found out she was really there leaped into a hug around Dog's neck.

"Dog....it is you...really you..." Lirael crying with Dog looking around at the others.

"Lireal we don't have time for this." Dog said backing away from Lirael," You all have a lot to do."

Dog sat everyone down and started from the beginning and what role they all had in mixed up game of Kibeth and the Disreputable Dog.

Sorry for the really short chapter, this week is terrible, but be ready the next chapter will most likely be a long one...

Last edited:

with_you_always

An Invincible Rp Legend
great as usual, it is what i have come to espect from you now. i think i can get Past the shortness of the story. i understand how it is. i have all but given up on my story. i feel that i started it without the right preporations. but this story has made mefeel better after righting somthing as bad as that. im really glad ou have written this story and al it's chapters so far. keep it up.

Last edited:

[crash]

OMFG I'm so sorry for not posting sooner, I was gone all weekend and if anyone cares our cheerleading squad got 2nd place in the competition only 2 points behind 1st *snaps finger* anyway I'm really sorry again and here is the new chapter.

Chapter 15

Dog began from the beginning as everyone sat down to listen she began from the beginning.

“When I was first made I was one of the few that are now represented in the bells necromancers and Abhorsens use I was Kibeth. I was there first defeating the destroying, but when that was done we each decided to do something for the world. But my world was a mess; I had lost a close friend Astarael the one who killed herself to save the world. I couldn't live with myself watching her die and not doing anything able it, it tore me to pieces. And for not doing my duties the world began to fall apart and as I grew older a darkness grew inside me and when it finally came to the outside I turned my back on the world and tried to destroy it myself, but the others stopped me and put me into death, but not like others my body went into death too. It went all the way to the end, but I was trapped in the 8th gate and I couldn't leave. I could only be called by great power or by a fool who found the spell.
After awhile my mind split into I was two different people. One who I am right in front of you. The good side that wished it all never happened and the other who still calls herself Kibeth the evil side waiting to be set free and to destroy the world.
When out of no where I was being pulled into life by some very strong power of magic by a very powerful mage, but only this half of me and when I came to I was in a study with Lirael looking at me. I had changed form too, into a dog which I like very much thank you a lot better than a human I believe. And now on to your roles in all of this." Dog said looking around at everyone then looking hard out across the water.

“Sameth, you will follow Lirael everywhere even into the place you dread the most...Death, b/c what she has to do, she will need protected.
Lirael you must Go threw the 9th gate and destroy my body so Kibeth will be forced into death, I will be there to guide you as you make this journey for it will be the worse.
Sabriel and Touchstone as well as Ellimere will be there too help too for they will be needed to get with in the glacier for it will be the hardest test of your charter magic skills.
You twins will need to go and get them and you will follow them where ever they will go for your strong power of the sight will be very welcome on their journey.
And last but not least Nick, you have the hardest job of all. For you have the power to destroy Kibeth herself. You have the power locked deep inside you that will only be released at the right time. I put it in you the day I baptized you in the river of death, for as I sat in that river all those years a power that felt like a warm friend told me the meaning of true life and all the power the charter can offer and with in it came the only vision I ever had and it was of you."

Dog sat back and took a deep breath then finally had the nerve to look at everyone’s faces. She saw Sameth and Lirael in amazement that this all was coming so soon after just one year and Sanar and Ryelle just sat there looking out across the water just staring. And as she came to Nick's face she didn't know what to say until Nick spook.

"Do you think I am still to die? Because you said destroying her body would bring her to Death. Does that mean I will be going there too?" Nick said with a bit of horror in his eyes.

"That I do not know Nick" Dog said looking away. “I really can't say I am only a messenger for a greater power. One that you have because it told me to give it to you. The power will be the one to decide your fait"

Nick looked away and wasn't sure what to say back, me didn't want to believe her but he guessed it was the only way to go and looked back.

"I guess I'm ready then, for if this is how it is then I guess this is how it will be." Nick said then Lirael looked at him remembering the last page of the Book of the Dead.
Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

Was that chapter enough for you all to forgive me for not posting sooner? Anyway I do a have a request from anyone who has time. I would really like some pictures like drawn pictures of the characters of the story, you can find hits around the internet of what to draw and if you have any questions just PM me. Thanks o much and please do comment lots

Last edited:

rikuishot333

Hey nice chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool you guys came in second :) yay! lol. Well I would totally draw for you but I can not draw like at all.... and I don't have a scanner or anything so ya.... Nice chapeter keep it up!

with_you_always

An Invincible Rp Legend
as always i enjoyed reading it, keep up the good work girl. and as for the drawing, lol well i cant draw, i only write, and im not very good at that as is, so i will just stick with it and keep reading things written by my ispiration( Bo_dbl._sizzle....:) )

[crash]

Mind going blank out of nowhere so let’s see where the story goes from here...shall we?

Chapter 16

Lirael knew she couldn't change Nick's mind and he had made his decision to do what Dog had said. Lirael just didn't feel like it was the right thing to do.

"Then I'll be right there beside you." Lirael finally said standing next to Nick and putting her hand on his shoulder.

"Me too" Sam said and everyone else stepped forward and also gave him their services.

"Thanks, guys but I don't think this is such a good idea...." Nick began then looked at Lirael and was caught in her dark eyes and saw the pain of her life and also the beauty deep within. "Lets do this."

Lirael noticed they were staring at each other, blushed and looked away. She felt something for Nick and knew this would be a fatal flaw if it was ever known in the future.

Dog looked at both of them and realized it too, but knew the same thing Lirael didn't, it must not be known.

"Well lets get going then, time for a new plan." Sam said taking a step forward, "And this means we will need to change plans for the 3rd time or is it 4th?"

Everyone laughed and felt a little off the pressure relived at least for the moment. Sam took out the map and everyone gathered around, for he was one of the few that had really known the land after following his dad Touchstone around when he was little.

"I say we still go to High Bridge and there should be a paperwing at the fort close by mom always wanted to be ready for anything. Sanar and Ryelle get off there and we us finder to go all the way back tot he mouth of the glacier and wait for Mom Dad and Ellimere and maybe Mogget." Sam said moving his finger along the river.

Everyone agreed and Sam put the map back in his pack after taking more things out he was sure wouldn't be needed. Lirael checked her bandolier and waxed it again she knew it would be used soon. Dog walked over to her and they had a quite conversation just them two.

"You know you two can't be." Dog said first laying her head on Lirael's lap wanting to be pet.

"I know, but...wait how do you know how I feel?" Lirael said laying her hand on Dog's head.

"I saw it in your eyes. It wasn't hard to see, but I guess I just have the right senses of a dog." Dog said falling asleep from Lirael's hand behind her ears. Lirael looked over at Nick and felt the pain in her heart knowing it could never be.

sorry for the short chapter again and I don't know about this chapter myself it is more of a filler but I have a treat for you all for the next chapter, Lirael will be going in to the river of death, you will find out why in the next chapter.....soo be ready

Last edited:

with_you_always

An Invincible Rp Legend
aww....so short..oh well i cant wait to see what happens next, i will be anxiously waiting to read the next chapter and see what happens. i will be trying to get better so i have plenty of time to wait for it...take as much time as you need with whatever you are doing, we all understand how hard it is to create somthing so good like this.

[crash]

I finally have time to write god life has been so hard lately…*sigh* anyway here it goes…..
Chapter 17
“Lirael, I need you to look into the past for me.” Dog said looking at Lirael,” I do hope you brought your Dark Mirror?”
“I never go anywhere without it, you know I am the only remembrance since I don’t know when.” Lirael said pulling the little silver clasp out of her little sack on her belt. When she was a Librarian back at the Clayr Glacier she learned how to make charter skins so she could turn into animals to crawl threw tight spots and if anything else was needed. On her 19th birthday her and Dog decided to good through a hole all the way in the back of the spiral the library made. When they went in Lirael learned Clayr had seen her go down there and made her a passage and when she reached the end she found pipes that worked like the bells but with less affect, a book that taught her how to use the mirror that was also laying there with everything else. She learned she had to go into death to use it and the first time she did she learned that Sabriel’s father, who was the Abhorsen before Sabriel and her mom got together and she was born from just after that one night. That was how her power of a remembrance.
“I wish for you to see your mother.” Dog said,” I need you to see what Mogget saw when she told him what she saw that day. She was strong with the Sight Lirael and what she said and saw exactly and not what you heard Mogget say is more important then ever.”
Lirael understood but knew seeing her mom would bring back hard memories, but it was for many lives and the world that she had to do this. She shook head with agreement and motioned to land on an island in the middle of the river. The Ratterlin was a mighty river and the swift water which meant almost nothing could reach them.
The all climbed off and everyone watched as she went to Death with sword ready and the bell Saraenth end hand clasp ready to be rung if needed to in death. As she went closer to Death frost began to appear on her body and soon ice. Sam flinch feeling death for he had the blood of Abhorsen, but he wasn’t for the job, he had too many bad experiences in death and one that he almost died terribly and he never went back again.
Lirael could feel the warm of life on her back and the cold feeling on her body as she finally was to the other side the River of Death. The river was swift and always gave ideas to the weak to just lie down and float to the 9th gate for a final rest on the other side, but Lirael knew better and stood firm against it and the river lightened up but it was always a treat to deal with. The river not only was cold, but instead of sucking her under it took the color away from her skin which gave her that white skin that almost all Abhorsens had.
Soon Dog was by her side with her tail wagging in the water. She looked over at the first gate and which was a just a water fall with a vail of mist one of the easiest gates to go threw. Dog looked up at Lirael,” I believe we only need to go to just the beginning of the Second Precinct “
Lirael nodded and walked to the first gate but stopped a little far away but she knew it was closer than it appeared then spoke the free magic words that burned her mouth when spoken, but as she said then and finished the words the wall parted revealing steps leading into the Second Precinct.
Lirael looked around and felt for close dead then put her bell and sword away but made sure it was easy to pull if needed. She then took out the Dark Mirror and was ready to begin.
I hope you like it any sorry again for taking SO long…lol

rikuishot333

yaya the dark mirror! Update SOON lol jk take your time.... cause they always come out good that way ! :)

with_you_always

An Invincible Rp Legend
yet another chapter to make my life less boring than it is in reality. i really appreciate how you have kept this story up and intresting, most of the time people tend to get uninterested and just stop making things good anymore and rush them, writing down whatever comes out of there head first. but you...well you have done an awesome job on this story. will be waiting for the next story.

[crash]

Here comes a new chapter!!!
Chapter 18
As Lirael went to death the others were stuck with nothing to do. Sameth had brought some playing cards, but Sanar and Ryelle didn’t understand any of the rules and when they did they were so well with the sight they saw Sam’s next moves. So Sameth and Nick finally just gave up as well as the wins and they just sat around, Sam and Nick skipping rocks and Sanar and Ryelle meditated.
As night time started to come they were getting worried about Lirael and Dog why was it taking so long? Then out of nowhere Lirael feel to the ground panting as the icicles feel to the ground then she was up in no time.
“Dog!! Wheres Dog?” She screamed standing up. As soon as she yelled the dog’s name there was a flash and Dog was at Lirael’s side.
“I thought we where dead back there, that was too close!” Lirael said holding the Dog close to herself.
“We’re ok Lirael calm down everything is fine.” Dog said laying her head on Lireal’s shoulder. As soon as she did that Lirael broke down in tears leaving a faint we dog smells on Dog as the tears fell from her eyes.
Sameth, Nick, and the twins walked over to Lirael and Dog, they were so confused, they had no idea what had happened. As Lirael sat crying holding Dog, Nick laid his hand apon her shoulder. Lirael looked up at him with tears in her eyes as Nick helped her to her feet.
“Lirael what happened?” Nick finally asked holding Lirael close.
Just a short chapter to get you guys excited about next, which well be really good, b/c it will be about what happened in death…ooooooo…. I’m excited myself… Well be ready for the next which should be ready by Monday night….see you then:)

with_you_always

An Invincible Rp Legend
yeah another chapter.....will be waiting for the next chapter* luaghs in childish manner as he waits and twidles thumbs* who else is waiting for the next one?* pitches tent* im going to be the first in line to read it.

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin

Yeah, first off, I might as well say that all the characters seem really OOC, none more so than the Dog. Though I know writing fanfics IC is hard for some, so I won't dwell on that.

Second, your grammer and spelling are atrocious. Momentarily skipping over normal rules, you need to capitalize more, such as Sight and See and Wall and Dog and Life and Death, in accordance to Garth Nix. Then there's normal spelling mistakes, like Saraneth, peril, and fate. And grammer, like adding commas and apostrophes. And then author mistakes, like writing a number instead of the whole word or using cheap shortcuts like b/c.

Last but never least, is flow. You have very little Sometimes- actually, a lot -I couldn't understand your sentences at all. I tried re-reading them, but they're so screwed up it's a wonder the others can.

And don't use the word okay. It's purely an Ancelstierrian expression, not used in the Old Kingdom or by any of its inhabitants, whether they be human or a free-willed blend of Charter and Free Magic ((note the capitals?)).

I guess it's not the worst plot idea I've seen though, but a good plot without good everything else is like the sound of a bell-ring without Saraneth to summon it and compell readers into liking.

Eh ... this isn't a personal attack, I swear. *hugs her Abhorsen Trilogy protectively*

Last edited:

[crash]

GuardianOfHearts said:

Yeah, first off, I might as well say that all the characters seem really OOC, none more so than the Dog. Though I know writing fanfics IC is hard for some, so I won't dwell on that.

Second, your grammer and spelling are atrocious. Momentarily skipping over normal rules, you need to capitalize more, such as Sight and See and Wall and Dog and Life and Death, in accordance to Garth Nix. Then there's normal spelling mistakes, like Saraneth, peril, and fate. And grammer, like adding commas and apostrophes. And then author mistakes, like writing a number instead of the whole word or using cheap shortcuts like b/c.

Last but never least, is flow. You have very little Sometimes- actually, a lot -I couldn't understand your sentences at all. I tried re-reading them, but they're so screwed up it's a wonder the others can.

And don't use the word okay. It's purely an Ancelstierrian expression, not used in the Old Kingdom or by any of its inhabitants, whether they be human or a free-willed blend of Charter and Free Magic ((note the capitals?)).

I guess it's not the worst plot idea I've seen though, but a good plot without good everything else is like the sound of a bell-ring without Saraneth to summon it and compell readers into liking.

Eh ... this isn't a personal attack, I swear. *hugs her Abhorsen Trilogy protectively*

Yeah I get what your saying and I totally understand....

I really need to look over it better and watch flowing better, but I"m always so busy and when I have time to type it, it is more of write it spell check and out the door to cheerleading or something with band.....

But you re right about alot of things I bet if I just took more time and looked over everything like two three times it could be alot better...

thank you so much for the constructive critisizim, I really needed that and please I"m sure it will be alot better after this...so please do check back:D

I also think I might need to read the books again...*goes to start reading the books for the 7th or is it 8th time now.*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back