• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► The Anime & Manga Dumping Ground

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Uh, so during this exam session I said to myself "darn, I am not into shoujo animes, but I didn't watch one since high school, so it's about time I TRY again"
So I found a random one because I saw pics of it on instagram and google and whatnot
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Well, I am going to give Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl another chance; it seems like I need to give it one. The weirdness of it put me off last time, the aliens and the main character's father. I am also planning on giving Genbu, the Fushigi Yuugi version of the manga a chance as well. I've already read so much about it on the wiki and also watched all of the anime and already finished one of the ovations. I also picked up a manga called Yukarism, which is about a high schooler who is trying to figure out who killed him in a past life.

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
I've been watching Berserk (anime) these past couple weeks. The story is quite enjoyable. Is it just me or does Guts kinda look like Ike from Fire Emblem?

Actually Ike is the Shounen Jump version of Guts. Its manga (Highly recommend it, because the recent adaptations are horrible, though I give them props for staying true to the story flow of the source material) is pure Seinen classic too, gore, rape, and medieval trappings with pure Badassery all in one go, like a Manga version of GOT.

DarkGrey Heroine

Awards
Recently I got to watch Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, it was on my watch list for a long time and I decided to give it a go. Of course, I was interested in the anime maaaainly because of how good-looking I found the male protagonist to be *cough* what can I do *cough* this logic keeps the romance anime business going!
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

It was an enjoyable watch! The romance scenes could have been more but I guess the fact that the side-characters don't get too much screen time thus didn't get on my nerves with their individual plots balances things out together with the fast pace and the small number of episodes.

Veevee

Awards
I really don't know whether to continue One Punch Man. I've finished volume 7 (Murata version, he has just beaten the one-eyed alien thingy) and while I chuckle here and there, I can't get really invested in it. I like things to have an overall goal, an overall storyline. Is something like that bound to come up or will it just continue as it did in the first seven volumes?

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
I really don't know whether to continue One Punch Man. I've finished volume 7 (Murata version, he has just beaten the one-eyed alien thingy) and while I chuckle here and there, I can't get really invested in it. I like things to have an overall goal, an overall storyline. Is something like that bound to come up or will it just continue as it did in the first seven volumes?
It's a bit hard to say whether you'll like more after volume 7. Where the Murata version is now (i haven't read the web comic either) there seems to be more of a overarching villain/story line that was very lightly hinted at early on. I couldn't really say whether what's going on right now is steering the series to what the "end goal" is either. I always figured the end goal was going to be Saitama getting an actual worthy fight, and that's something he's still searching for at volume 12.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I need to get back to Genbu Kaidan for Fushigi Yuugi. I heard it's pretty sad since the protagonist, Takiko chooses to die to save everyone. She would have died anyways since she contracted her mom's tuberculosis and the story takes place in a time where tuberculosis was running rampant, the 1920's.

Veevee

Awards
I've started Gamers! yesterday and I'm enjoying it quite a lot for what it is. It's totally over the top, the dialogues are drowned in clichés and the characters are far from being original but that's what's good about it. It's a funny parody and I'm curious how things are going to continue (they did spoiler on their own show, lmao). Everyone with a little interest in games, take a look ;)

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I've been watching the adaptation of Ancient Magus Bride. So far it looks like it's adapting one chapter per episode, but it's pacing is fairly good. I've also been watching Eureka Seven, never finished it when I first saw it, so I'm picking up where I left off.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I've recently bit the HunterxHunter bullet finally and it has been a stellar ride (2011 version by MADHouse btw). The writing, characters, world building, all of it is just really solid. I've reached the Chimera Ant Arc (more like I'm approaching the end of this long as roller coaster of an arc) and this has easily made my top list. At least as far as shonens go it is definitely my favorite.

Veevee

Awards
Right now, I'm wondering whether I should get the Claymore manga. Never read the series, nor watched it, but sounds like something I would enjoy and I've only heard good things about it. Your thoughts?

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Right now, I'm wondering whether I should get the Claymore manga. Never read the series, nor watched it, but sounds like something I would enjoy and I've only heard good things about it. Your thoughts?

I haven't seen or read it yet either, but I hear nothing but good things. From what I see, the general consensus tends to be read it rather than watch it, I think it was one of those shows that left off with an incomplete plot.

Veevee

Awards
Still haven't started Claymore, but I recently read Volume 1 of the Royal Tutor. It was a decent read, nothing spectacular, but I found myself amused and as the volumes are coming out every 3 months or so in Germany, I'll probably continue at that pace. Now I'm trying (emphasis on trying) to read Natsume's book of friends - heard nothing but praise about the anime, so I started the manga. I'm only at volume 3 and I find myself incredibly bored. While I like the general idea and the main character (and his development), I miss an overall story. The mangaka herself said she wanted every chapter to stand on its own which is fine for some but not my type of read. ... still I kinda don't want to drop it but I don't want to continue reading it either. Hnngh. Should I watch the anime instead?

EDIT: I need to say this, Max, I LOVE your avatar. I enjoyed Bakuman so much, it's one of my all-time favorite manga that I kinda miss it since it's finished.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Just finished the second and final season of Gundam 00. Enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I haven't watched an entire Gundam from beginning to end (only times I would watch any was when it was airing on television and would miss episodes here and there), this was a pretty cool trip. If there are any Gundam fans here are there any other Gundams that are similar to this one? Or any other anime for that matter

Veevee

Awards
Just finished the second and final season of Gundam 00. Enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I haven't watched an entire Gundam from beginning to end (only times I would watch any was when it was airing on television and would miss episodes here and there), this was a pretty cool trip. If there are any Gundam fans here are there any other Gundams that are similar to this one? Or any other anime for that matter

Never watched Gundam since I'm not into Mecha, but Eureka Seven is quite nice and has a distinct cast of interesting characters. Code Geass is also good.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I finally got around to watching Devilman Crybaby.
I didn't have fun.

DarkGrey Heroine

Awards
I finally got around to watching Devilman Crybaby.
I didn't have fun.

I am curious about it, I saw pretty many posts about it lately so...
if you were to give me some keywords to describe it, which words would those be? I think this would be a good way to get a vague general idea about it before jumping right in heh

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
EDIT: I need to say this, Max, I LOVE your avatar. I enjoyed Bakuman so much, it's one of my all-time favorite manga that I kinda miss it since it's finished.

Sorry I'm seeing this month's late, but thank you! I loved Bakuman so much, there was just something so special about it, and I'm also really sad that it's over. It had a really good run and it didn't overstay its welcome, but man I wish it didn't have to end.

I've been slowly watching Seven Deadly Sins lately. I do like it, I could do with less random groping and stuff, but overall I like the cast and where things seem to be going. I'm also thinking of either reading the Berserk manga or reading the Beck manga again (I say again, but I never read it all the way through last time).

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
So anyone here read Franken Fran? I just got around reading it from Volume 1-4 and I was hooked.
It's a horror comedy followed by tons of Junji Ito-esque artistic gorefest was a delight.

Back