• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Chamber of Repose, The Chamber of Waking

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

azurastardust

I agree with many others here this is a plausible and well reasoned theory which for the most part explicitly signposts any assumptions it makes –contra Audo. So kudos to you.
I like that you suggest that CO is potentially MX’s former stronghold, though I’m intrigued to know what you draw on to suggest this.
Your idea that the room of awakening can be used to create a heart is a stretch but fair enough. Personally I think awakening has more to do with the keyblade than the heart in itself. But I buy into the notion that Terra = Xehanort; so from my point of view Xemnas uses the chamber of repose to regain memories that his former existence Terra (to use Vanitas’ terminology) can use the keyblade. He thus seeks the chamber of awakening in the hope of manifesting the keyblade. Given what we have seen of Xemnas the notion of him wielding the keyblade seems like the ultimate endgame for him. His goal is kingdom hearts and nothing else matters. If he possesses a keyblade then he doesn’t even need to rely on the Organization, Roxas or Sora.
Then again I admit that Xemnas – as far as I can remember – never explicitly covets the keyblade or voices a desire to possess it e.g. in the same way that Marluxia does, but perhaps that just reflects more on Xemnas’ personality…

A

Audo

Honestly, it's so laughable how petty you're being.
It's also laughable how stuck-up, stubborn and arrogant you are in regards to your theories. It's like you only post them to hear people compliment you on your amazing ability to piece together a theory based on practically nothing. Anytime someone combats it, you immediately turn into a defensive little prick who does everything to dismiss what others are saying unless it agrees with your spotty theory. But I digress.

Speaking of though:

I remember that scene. They put that in the Short Stories novel, too.

「俺もあそこは苦手なんだよな。」

It doesn't actually say he was in it. It just says the place is hard for him to deal with...
Oh wow, it's a big fat "I told you so" that you will probably find some way to either dismiss, or simply ignore.

But, BY ALL MEANS, go ahead and make your own theory on it.
Yay, ultimate dismissive statement. "If you dont like it, go make your own and let me swim in the compliments others are giving me".

I mean, the developers wanting to show Xemnas walk down there after he had placed the armor in there just makes more sense than the armor simply coming from his memory.
Sad thing is that it DOES make more sense than a hunk of metal and Keyblade magically appearing in a touchable form from a memory a split second after Xemnas sits down. Especially when you say you think the room is supposed to help him regain his memories, yet, the fact that his memories are seemingly leaking out making pile of metal would imply the opposite of something being regained, but rather, something being lost.

BUT YOU'RE SO RIGHT. SINCE I DISAGREE, I SHOULD GO MAKE MY OWN THREAD! YAYAY.

Awards
It's also laughable how stuck-up, stubborn and arrogant you are in regards to your theories. It's like you only post them to hear people compliment you on your amazing ability to piece together a theory based on practically nothing. Anytime someone combats it, you immediately turn into a defensive little prick who does everything to dismiss what others are saying unless it agrees with your spotty theory. But I digress.

You paint a pretty ugly picture, Audo.
Do you see me prancing around all of the comments saying, "GEE, THANKS FOR SUPPORTING ME, I'M PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK."
No. In fact, I largely ignore the "this theory is great/amazing/believable/whatever" comments, because there's nothing to be said in response.

What, do you think I do this for the compliments? No, it's pitting my thoughts against public opinion. If you notice, virtually ALL of my theory threads are, to a degree, polarizing, and I enjoy a good argument when it's of actual substance.

And pardon me for defending my theory. I don't see how that's "stuck-up, stubborn and arrogant," lest I just give up and assume that, should the theory have any rebuttal, it isn't worth theorizing.
That's what we do, man, we fucking debate.

Oh wow, it's a big fat "I told you so" that you will probably find some way to either dismiss, or simply ignore.
"I told you so" in respects to it being confirmed.

It doesn't hamper the theory at all. Does it mean there's a chance that the apprentices don't use the chamber? Of course. But, again, I have every right to assume it to be true in the theory.

When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
The apprentices either used it, or they didn't.

Instead of saying, "well now I guess I can't theorize about that then," it's just a matter of going with one option.

Yay, ultimate dismissive statement. "If you dont like it, go make your own and let me swim in the compliments others are giving me".

You're absolutely right, it is dismissive, as it should be.
"I don't like this because it isn't what I think" deserves to be dismissed.

Sad thing is that it DOES make more sense than a hunk of metal and Keyblade magically appearing in a touchable form from a memory a split second after Xemnas sits down. Especially when you say you think the room is supposed to help him regain his memories, yet, the fact that his memories are seemingly leaking out making pile of metal would imply the opposite of something being regained, but rather, something being lost.

Ahahaha- so now you're speaking in real world logic?
Last time I checked, memories can be made tangible in KH.

And you were reading wrong. I said it's a retrogression in memories. That is, he starts out with the minor details about the last time he saw Aqua, and works his way back from there, regaining more and more.

BUT YOU'RE SO RIGHT. SINCE I DISAGREE, I SHOULD GO MAKE MY OWN THREAD! YAYAY.
Can't wait.

A

Audo

You paint a pretty ugly picture, Audo.
It's the only way I function.

"I don't like this because it isn't what I think" deserves to be dismissed.
Pretty much exactly what you're saying in response. You do realize that, right? You're just not being as blunt.

Ahahaha- so now you're speaking in real world logic?
Last time I checked, memories can be made tangible in KH.
Within reason they can be. But in the case of things like Xion and Repliku, they needed a container. In the case of CO, it was the walls displaying data derived from memories. But when has there actually been a case that a memory just seeped out and turned into something truly tangible on its lonesome?

Can't wait.
You needn't.

Awards
It's the only way I function.
Good to know you admit it.

Pretty much exactly what you're saying in response. You do realize that, right? You're just not being as blunt.

Defense=/=Offense

Within reason they can be. But in the case of things like Xion and Repliku, they needed a container. In the case of CO, it was the walls displaying data derived from memories. But when has there actually been a case that a memory just seeped out and turned into something truly tangible on its lonesome?

I'm saying it's the exact same principle as it was in CO.
The memories in CO WERE truly tangible.

You needn't.
I put a lot of effort into my response and there's as much substance as yours!

A

Audo

So now it's inconceivable that ANYWHERE besides CO can have this property?
Why WOULD it?
The whole thing with CO was that it had unique properties in regards to memories. Which was one of the reasons why the Org was so interested in it. If they had similar shit in their little chamber, why did all of the investigations with memories ONLY take place at CO?

Awards
Why WOULD it?
The whole thing with CO was that it had unique properties in regards to memories. Which was one of the reasons why the Org was so interested in it. If they had similar shit in their little chamber, why did all of the investigations with memories ONLY take place at CO?

Why NOT?
The goal with CO was finding the CoW, not using the memory reflective walls.

Awards
Which still doesn't add any credence to your magical memory armour.

Why not?
We've established that memory reflective walls doesn't have to be unique to CO.

Take the next step, Audo. It's a hard one with a vast canyon for you, but there on the other side lies a place where the apprentices made a room with memory reflective walls.

Inconceivable, I know.

A

Audo

We've established that memory reflective walls doesn't have to be unique to CO.
Gracy, we did not established that. All we established was there there multiple reasons for the Orgs interest in CO, WHICH INCLUDED the walls, among other things.

Inconceivable, I know.
I'm glad we finally agree that it IS inconceivable that the Org created another room with such walls.

Awards
Gracy, we did not established that. All we established was there there multiple reasons for the Orgs interest in CO, WHICH INCLUDED the walls, among other things.

Oh, that was just you equivocating, right.

So let's get back to that.
CO's memory reflective walls - a one of the kind.
And this is... because...?

A

Audo

Oh, that was just you equivocating, right.

So let's get back to that.
CO's memory reflective walls - a one of the kind.
And this is... because...?
Because that's how it is. An explanation beyond that isn't necessary.
There has been absolutely nothing to suggest that any such feats are possible outside of CO. And while the magic "what if" statement is great, there becomes a time where something just doesnt seem the plausible. And stripping CO of its unique abilities and just giving it to ANY possible location is among them.

Awards
Because that's how it is. An explanation beyond that isn't necessary.
There has been absolutely nothing to suggest that any such feats are possible outside of CO. And while the magic "what if" statement is great, there becomes a time where something just doesnt seem the plausible. And stripping CO of its unique abilities and just giving it to ANY possible location is among them.

No, I think an explanation is necessary.
Because, despite your claim that it can be deemed implausible, I don't see it.

A

Audo

Because, despite your claim that it can be deemed implausible, I don't see it.
Well of course you don't.

Whatever though, you have successfully bored me.
Double Standards are always a hallmark of your theories anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back