• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Crest Chronicles

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The Crest Chronicles

You may have heard of Faith Crest and all of the things she may have done. There are many countless versions of this person, but I will tell you about the true Faith Crest. Despite seeing her in many dimensions, there is after all, only one of her.

If you wish not to see torture, pain and sorrow, I advise you turn away now and read no more of this tale that I shall tell you. I have discovered the story behind Faith Crest and now I will tell of this story to you, my friends. This fantasy tale speaks of such an innocent girl who wields unimaginable and unbearable power. She is ... Faith Crest.

In this tiny fraction of the Crest Chronicles, we shall explore Faith's past life. From what we know, her ancient self was only known as Amarra. She was born under the name of Amarra, but she changed her name to Nephitaty. She lived in Ancient Egypt in a time where great powers wanted to compete for control of the earth. But nevertheless, she was always Amarra no matter if she changed her name.

But is the past really important for the present and for the future? It is very important indeed to know of one's ancient self to proceed forward with their life. The past is sacred and I shall tell you the tale of Amarra, Faith's past self ...

------------------------------------

Chapter 1: Birth of an Angel

In the underground chambers of a sacred temple enriched with its gold bricked walls, a woman of middle age was in unbearable pain. She was holding on to the hand of a young boy who looked about nine or ten years old. He was tall for his age, bore brown eyes and short brown hair. A girl stood next to him and she was only young herself, probably about four years old. She was the average height for her age, had green eyes and black long hair that touched down to her hips. They were supporting this woman through her long and difficult pregnancy.

"Ramus," whispered the woman. "You ... you have your father's ... a-appearance."

"Mother, do not act like it is the end," said the boy, who was indeed called Ramus. "We will protect you from the world and I shall make sure of it! Myself and Isis will look after you, dear mother!"

The girl, who was called Isis, looked up at her older brother and buried her face in his white rag top. Ramus stroked his younger sister's hair whilst he held on to his mother's hand, which was gripping his own tighter than ever. And so, Ramus thought to himself for a moment. Mother, if you will not survive this, then I promise we shall look after our sibling. He turned to the servants also helping her during this pregnancy.

"Can you not do something?" he yelled.

"Master Ramus, we are doing all we can," said one servant, whose head was wrapped in a turban. "There is a high chance that the lady may not survive through this. I am sorry, my master. But it is ... the truth. This pregnancy has been taking its toll on the mistress. If she does die, then you shall inherit the temple, Master Ramus."

The prospect of receiving a whole temple from his family shocked Ramus. He was only ten years old, his father had died only a few days ago, his mother was definitely going to die and now he was going to inherit the temple that had been passed through their family since the dawning of time!

"Sereku," said Ramus. "Are you meaning to say that this temple shall be ... mine?" He said the last word with a whisper. It was a shock and a curse for him to be going through this. "You are wrong! My mother shall survive this!"

"Master Ramus, please," said Sereku, the servant who had been speaking to Ramus. "You are the oldest sibling in your family and therefore, all shall be passed to you should your mother die and there is a high risk that she shall fall to this pregnancy. However, you will have a new responsibility to hold at the same time. You promised to look after her, did you not? That would mean looking after your new brother or sister. You will not have to look after him or her all the time, but show your support and we can do this, my master."

"Ramus?" said Isis lowly. "Is mother going to die?"

Ramus looked down at his little sister, Isis, as he still clung on to his mother's shaking hand. He would soon know when she would die. His eyes showed of fear and depression. It would get worse if his mother would die. Shifting his eyes from Isis to Sereku, he answered his sister's question.

"I know not the answer, Isis," he replied. "However ... she will be in a better place." He looked at her again and then bent down to his knee to Isis's height. "She will be with father and we will have a new responsibility to take on, Isis. We must look after our new sibling. You do understand? Mother will leave us a great person for us to cherish and love."

"We shall have a younger brother or sister to play with?" smiled Isis as she asked her question. She was such an angelic person to look upon with her golden eyes and her big wide smile. Ramus found himself admiring Isis for the person that she was and the beauty she had inherited from their mother. "If we do, then the three of us can play together!"

"Yes, Isis," answered Ramus. "We shall have someone else to play with when they get to your age. I am going to look after both of you if mother goes to that better place I told you about. She shall be protected by Osiris and Horus, including all the gods. They blessed her with beauty and they shall bless her with peace when she gets there. So, Isis ... prepare for what is about to come. Prepare for our new sibling. Go and get the blankets! Hurry, Isis!"

"Master Ramus, perhaps one of the servants should go and -" began Sereku.

"You really think I want my little sister to witness the death of our mother?" he said, glaring at Sereku. "It is not right for her to see this. Please, mother. You shall not die, you shall live!"

The servants began to crowd around the woman and Ramus knew that the time had come.

"It is time, mother! Our new sibling is coming," he whispered in her ear. "We need one last push of energy to release it. I promise you, mother. Once it is done, you may hold your new child and be at peace."

"R-Ramus ..." shivered his mother. "You are very noble and w-wise. Protect your family and raise them well." And with that, she let out a cry. It was a desperate cry of pain to end this suffering that she had endured for so long now. Ramus was left only to offer his support and hold her hand. He looked like in pain himself as her grip on his hand was really hurting him. Crying and screaming for one last time, a baby's cry was heard. The servants wrapped the baby in a blanket and Ramus's mother let go of her son's hand.

"You have done it," said Ramus. "You have prevailed and give a life for another."

Sereku handed the baby to the woman and she held the child in her hands. "It is a girl, my mistress," he said to her. "She is so beautiful. I remember the momentous day that you were born, my lady. Your eyes ... they are so similar and innocent. We shall now leave you to your rest, my mistress." And within saying that, he and the other servants left the chamber leaving Ramus alone with his mother ... and his newborn baby sister.

"I ... this is my sweet daughter?" whispered the woman. "Sereku is ... right. She has the same eyes as myself, do you not see? A name ... a name ..." She was running out of energy.

"Save your life force!" said Ramus. "You can choose a name once you have rested and are well, mother. I shall take care of my sister with Sereku, I give you an oath to that."

"No ... my fate has been ... sealed ..." she panted. "I know her name ... it shall be ... Amarra. It means ... eternity. She shall live on for ... eternity. Ramus ... please ... take care of Amarra ... love her as her mother would do so ..."

"You must rest now," advised her son, taking the baby Amarra from her and cradled her in his arms. "Please, mother. You are running out of your own energy. Please! Consider this for your daughter!"

"R-Ramus ... this is my fate ... it has been sealed ..." whispered his mother. "L-Look after ... Amarra ... love her the way as ... I ..." But then her eyes were closed and her hand dropped from the bed.

Ramus knew that she was dead right away, although he had not wanted to intially admit it. "M-Mother ..." he whispered as the tears streamed down his face. "You gave your life up ... so that you could give life ... to Amarra ..."

But then suddenly, Amarra started glowing. Putting her on another bed, Ramus watched as small angel wings spurted out of her back. His eyes widened. His mouth was half open as Isis walked into the room.

"Is that ... oh, my ..." she gasped as she fell to her knees and bowed down.

"It must be," said Ramus. "One person would eventually become it. I would never think that this day would come now. This is a holy day." He bowed down also and kept his head bowed down also. "She has come. It was foretold that she would come. Our own Angel is here ..."

No sooner did Sereku and the other servants came into witness the power that Amarra wielded with just those angel wings in her back. Her small body kept on glowing with the light surging deep within her mind, body, heart and soul. "A holy day," whispered Ramus. "It is here."

It was the next day that the family and servants went up to the surface level of the town in Ancient Egypt to mourn the death of such a beloved mother. Many had attended this funeral or sending as it was called back then. Ramus held Amarra in his arms as she was wrapped around in a blanket fast asleep. Many people had come to also see the special child that she was. They had wanted to see the child that her mother had given life to and allowed to live. As the last few people left, Ramus and Isis stood there looking at the tomb of their mother.

"She truly has gone, has she not?" said Isis.

"She truly has gone, but she will be blessed with the eternal peace," said Ramus. "She can now rest and be with her love." He smiled and looked down at Isis. "Come, Isis. I will look after you and Amarra. Together, we shall be a happy family and play with Amarra when she has become of your age, Isis. Come now, we must go back to the temple."

He had already been granted the title of owner of the temple that they had been living in for so long. Ramus allowed Isis to be warm by his purple robes when she wanted some comfort. He would let her feel his comfort as she silently mourned for her mother with eyes of sadness and sorrow. For now, Ramus knew he would have to look after his newborn sister, Amarra. But even from looking at her bright eyes, he knew she was a special child already.

Sabaku no Gaara

Bronze Member
:) That story was very very good AoD! I'm assuming you and u_b like Egypt and know much of the mythology. Well back to the point! Perfectly written! Awsome details and perfect way of expressing how someone would act at a funeral for their mother. I give it 9.9/10 (don't give 10s lol)!! I can't wait for the next part.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Thanks for the comments, guys. Really appreciated. Now we move on ...

~~~

Chapter 2: An Unlikely Encounter

Several years passed since their mother's death. Ramus kept to his promise to look after Amarra and Isis. With the assistance of the temple servants, it was known that Amarra was a special child indeed and that she possessed mystical powers beyond the ordinary. They were quite more powerful than the powers that Ramus and Isis had.

Ramus had the power to summon great strength from the gods and use it for his own personal uses. On the other hand, Isis wielded the element of lightning and could summon that at will. Amarra, however, was different. She was the angel that had been foreseen to be born in Ancient Egypt and do the good deeds to protect the holy ground from darkness. She wielded two elements surprisingly: the elements of light and fire.

And it was so often that Ramus went to the gods for advice and help on raising Amarra. He found it difficult to raise her so very much without their mother there. One day, he would find himself talking to Amarra and telling her of the fateful day she was born. The day when one life was given up for another ... and that day she would be told had come today.

"Amarra, stay close to us," said Isis.

Amarra was now twelve years old, Isis was sixteen years old and Ramus was twenty-two years old. The three of them were walking through the market and seeing what there was that they could buy. It had been twelve long and hard years since Ramus had raised Amarra and Isis. Isis was now old enough to look after herself and now she helped Ramus look after their little sister.

"Why do I have to stay close?" sighed Amarra. "I am not going to burn someone's head or even blind someone with my light. I told Ramus that I can control myself! Why do you always have to be so ... cautious, Isis?"

"It is who I am, Amarra, and you should respect your siblings," said Isis.

"Yes, she is right," agreed Ramus. "We respect you highly, Amarra. But you should remember to remain in control or -"

"- your powers will control you," said Amarra, finishing the line. "Ramus, you speak of that line for so long now. Why must you continue to speak of it if I already know of it?"

She was tired of following Ramus and Isis all the time. As a certain object caught their attention, Amarra seized this chance to run off and explore the town on her own. Suddenly, she bumped into two guards.

"A child on her own?" said one of them.

"SEIZE HER!" said the other.

Amarra ran for the rooftops and knew that they could not catch her there. In the meantime, Ramus and Isis had no idea that Amarra had gone missing from their sight. She ran as fast as she could until she came to a pole leading up to a home. Thinking this was a good way of escape, she climbed up it and the guards could not climb up after her.

"Hah! Try that one!" she said, but then a hand grabbed her as she reached the top. Amarra turned around and saw that there was a young man standing there. She didn't seem too afraid of him, but she assumed that he could ... help her. "Who are you? You are not with the guards, are you not?"

The young man smiled and bent down to Amarra. "Guards? No, young one," he said softly. "Are you being chased by them? Fear not, I will help you evade them. My name is Spectro and who might I ask you are?" He was quite tall, had short black hair that touched the bottom of his neck, his eyes were light blue and he was wearing white robes and sandals. In his right hand, he was holding a staff with a skull at the top of it.

"My name is Amarra and from what my brother told me, my name means eternity," said Amarra, replying to his question. "He told me that my mother chose that name and said I would live for eternity."

"Perhaps your mother is right, Amarra," said Spectro. "Well, I am sure that I can help you with your problem. The guards cannot climb that pole to my home."

"This is your home?" she said, looking around and observing what she was seeing. Her face was in awe. "This is a really amazing home, Spectro. I would love to live in this home."

The home wasn't much. It was just a single room only accessible by the pole that she had climbed up. There was a bed to sleep in and many prized possessions such as vases, clothes and other things.

"It is not much," sighed Spectro. "It was what my mother and father left me. They died when I was very young and I was left to cope for myself."

"That sounds awful," said Amarra. "My brother, Ramus, told me that my mother died after I was born. He and my sister, Isis, look after me."

"Do you wish you could see your mother right now?" he asked.

"Sometimes," replied Amarra. "I know Ramus said she was a special person to all of us. He said that I was a special child."

"A special child, you say?" said Spectro. "We are all special in our ways."

"But I really am special!" she exclaimed. "I can do things. I can make pretty lights and set things on fire!"

"Fire?" said Spectro. "Whatever you do, my child, please do not use that fire here."

"Why?" asked Amarra.

"Because I am also a special person," replied Spectro. "And I'll show you why I am a special person."

"WHERE ARE YOU?" yelled the guards.

Spectro walked to the edge of his home and there was a huge hole in the wall that was shaped like a triangle almost. He put his left hand forward that was not holding his skull staff. A stream of ice was shot out from his hand that connected to the hole in the wall in his home to the nearby building.

"Wow! You can do that?" said Amarra. She looked truly amazed by what Spectro could do, even shortly after meeting him.

"Yes, I can do that, Amarra," said Spectro. "Do you trust me? I will not hurt you in any way and I already consider you as my little friend."

"Little friend? Just because you surpass my age?" said Amarra, looking slightly annoyed. "I do trust you because you have not led the guards here already. I must apologise for intruding, Spectro."

"Not at all, my friend," he smiled. "Come now, we have to hurry. They are attempting to climb up the pole." As he put his skull staff aside for now and making it disappear in his robes, he extended his arm to Amarra. "I will help you, Amarra. I like you already."

"And I like you too, Spectro!" said Amarra as she did grab Spectro's hand. They jumped through the hole of the wall and then slid down the ice path to the next building.

Now that they had gone on to the next building, Spectro made stairs made out of ice, so that they could easily walk down to the ground. But they had to be quick though because the sun was hot today in Ancient Egypt and it would melt the ice easily. Once they were on the ground, Amarra saw that Ramus and Isis were running towards her.

"Praise Horus! We finally found you!" said Isis.

"Why did you run off, Amarra?" said Ramus, looking cross, but tried not to be.

"I wanted to explore Egypt, Ramus!" smiled Amarra. "The guards came after me, but Spectro helped me. He's a special person like me too, Ramus and Isis!"

As Isis took Amarra's hand, Ramus looked upon Spectro and bowed down showing his respect. "Thank you ever so much, Spectro," he said. "I am Ramus and this is my sister, Isis. I'm sure you have already met Amarra."

"It is no problem, Ramus," said Spectro. "It is good to meet you and Isis. I am just glad for Amarra."

As Amarra stood there, Ramus spoke to Isis privately.

"Well, it seems that our sister has now gotten herself a new companion," said Isis. "He is very friendly and is supposedly special. What should we do? They seem to be friends already."

"I am very overprotective of Amarra, but he seems to be taken by her," said Ramus. "I would like it if he could become a friend of her's. Amarra having friends would be nice, even if it is just one."

And so, the years passed by. Spectro became Amarra's only and best friend. He knew about how she was a special, gifted and blessed child. He learnt the truth about her birth and he decided to protect her since he heard she was destined to do good things. Spectro went to go live with Ramus, Isis and Amarra as a friend and Amarra's loyal guardian. But her legacy had only just begun. There were more things to come ... and that would mean that evil would be coming.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Chapter 3 has finally arrived. Now that Spectro is in the story, he will have a love interest named Sera. And also in this chapter, Amarra will have an encounter with someone who will have a deep and big impact on her destiny ...

~~~

Chapter 3: Arrival of the Guardian

The nightmare dwelled in Amarra's mind ever since the event had happened when she was fourteen years old. Spectro had only been her loyal protector for two years then, but he was devoted to Amarra and her safety. Ramus and Isis had saw that Spectro was worthy in their's and Amarra's eyes. But the nightmare of his greatest thing he had done to her kept haunting Amarra. She felt that she could've done something, anything to stop it from happening. But she could only watched as the tears swelled in her eyes and the sorrow was shown.

It was a fateful day, just as fateful as Amarra's birth. Spectro had been doing his job protecting Amarra and all. She was running in the desert free from the temple for one day and Spectro had decided to go with her as always. After all, he had believed that she really was his best friend. He smiled as his purple robes swayed in the air and he held his skull staff high with pride as he used it to walk down to the desert with her.

"Spectro, may I ask you something?" asked Amarra.

"Indeed, Amarra," said Spectro. "What is it?"

"Pardon my rudeness, but do you not have a life outside your job?" she said.

For a moment, Spectro was silent. He was quiet as he sighed. "My parents died long ago just like your own," he said. "My father died before I was born and my mother was left to raise me on her own. But she was somewhat different to everyone else. As you see, normal Egyptians have their hair black, Amarra. But her hair was somewhat silver. Part of her hair was silver and she suffered because of it. The day that peace was found was the day she died. The gods granted her that peace by offering her death, where she is now in a better place than this holy earth."

"But, Spectro," said Amarra. "Why do you not find the one for you? Why do you not find her? There are many who would take to one such as handsome as you."

"Amarra, I am not handsome," replied Spectro to this. "I am just a mere servant to the temple and I protect you with all my life and power. I do not need someone for me. All that cares is your safety."

As he stood there, he watched Amarra run around in the hot sands of the desert. It caused him to smile and he slowly walked to the palm tree to lean on it. Putting aside his skull staff, he bent down to drink some of the water on the ground that was uncontaminated and clean. As he was satisfied from this, he sat down and began to close his eyes. It wasn't until some moments later that he heard Amarra screaming.

"HELP!" she shouted.

An enormous desert worm had emerged from the sands and had grabbed Amarra with its long tail. Spectro got up immediately and took up his skull staff right away. He hurried towards the desert worm and pointed his staff at the monster. Ice streamed out and the tail threw Amarra out of its grasp to the ground knocking her out cold. All of a sudden, a figure stood in the way of the desert worm.

"And so we meet at last," said the figure. "It's about time that we met."

Spectro was not at all shook up by this mysterious person's appearance at all. He just glared up at him coldly.

"Who are you and what do you want?" yelled Spectro.

"My name is Runinhura and I want you to respect me!" he yelled. "I am a fearsome being in this world and I know that you protect the angel."

"So your name is Runinhura," said Spectro. "I have never heard of you and I shall never let you harm Amarra." And as he said that, he shot a stream of ice towards Runinhura.

Unfortunately, Runinhura dodged it and laughed. "I cannot simply believe a lowly specific guardian such as yourself would be chosen to guard this girl," he sniggered.

"Guardian? What are you talking about?" asked Spectro.

"Oh, so you are not her guardian then?" he smiled nastily.

"I am her loyal protector and you shall not harm her!" yelled Spectro.

"What can a mere human such as yourself do to me?" questioned Runinhura. "After all, you're only human and I am more than just what I appear. But you are special, I will say that. I cannot simply allow this angel to stay on this planet and follow her doomed fate. I HAVE TO TAKE HER AWAY!"

Spectro sent ice and Runinhura sent darkness blasts. They collided and a huge explosion took place. When it all cleared up, Runinhura was holding Amarra and Spectro was the one who was hurt. He coughed up blood and glared coldly again at Runinhura.

"N-No ... I will not allow you to take her ..." he tried to say loudly, but it came out as a mutter.

"Oh really now? Who in Egypt is going to stop me?" hissed Runinhura.

"I will," said another voice from in the air. "It is I, Nairda."

It was then that Spectro and Runinhura looked up into the air. There floating in the air looked to be ... an angelic being. Nairda flew down from the sky and then sent a punch at Runinhura. The impact of the punch made him drop Amarra and so Nairda caught her in his arms.

"What an entrance to the scene," muttered Nairda as he gazed down at Amarra. "So this is the one I am destined to protect? The gods must really have given me an angel this time." He turned to Spectro. "If you do not mind, take the girl out of here and I shall take care of Runinhura there."

Spectro got to his feet and took Amarra from Nairda. "Thank you for your help, my friend," he said. "How can I ever repay you?"

"Please take this girl back to her home in the temple," instructed Nairda. "Do that and I shall take care of this monstrous being."

After nodding, Spectro had ran off back to the town towards the temple. But that was when his fate was doomed. Amarra opened her eyes and saw that Spectro was holding her.

"S-Spectro?" she whispered. "What is going on?"

"It is all right, Amarra," said Spectro. "We are being attacked, but I shall help and protect you at all costs, my friend."

Suddenly, Runinhura had summoned minions of darkness. "GO AND GRAB THE GIRL!" he hissed at them before receiving another blasting blow from Nairda.

The minions appeared all around Spectro and he stopped running since there was no way out. "No matter what happens ... please be safe, Amarra," he whispered in her ear. And then the minions began to slaughter Spectro. He was on top of Amarra as a shield protecting her from harm. And then came the pain.

"AAAAHHH!" yelled Spectro in pain. The tears rolled down his cheeks as Amarra dared not look at what was going on. The minions had ripped off his arm and Amarra had opened her eyes. The blood was pouring out. And as she watched the minions jump back, she knew that their end had come. They ran and jumped.

"H-Help ..." she said lowly.

And that was all that Amarra had remembered from that day. She opened her eyes again to know that she had been experiencing the nightmare over and over again when she went to sleep at night. Three years had passed since that had happened. It had not only affected Amarra's life forever, but it had also affected Spectro's life too. He now felt that he could not protect Amarra with the help of one arm. It was now harder for him to walk around, but it was still as normal as possible with the aid of his skull staff with him.

How Amarra knew they were still alive ... it was still a whole mystery to her. Ever since that day, she had not really set foot outside of the temple. She no longer dwelled near to the desert since that day. Amarra always felt someone or something was after her. But then at the same time, she felt she had a guardian angel watching over her to comfort her and make her feel safe.

I just wonder what is happening and why I am so special. Amarra sat in the temple and prayed to the god, Horus. "Please," she whispered. "Give me a sign. Tell me what is happening and what I can possibly do to stop all of this." When there was nothing happening, Amarra got fed up. "I hate this. I hate it all and I despise of what I am destined for. Why can I not take control of my own life?" she sighed. "I do not want to be Amarra anymore. I do not even want to be the angel. I want to be ... a normal person."

Instantly, a woman walked into the room. "You ... wish to be normal?" she asked.

"That is a thing we all wish for," said Spectro, who was limping on his skull staff with this woman. "You remember Sera, do you not, Amarra?"

Amarra looked upon Sera and nodded. "Ah, yes," she said and nodded. "I do remember you, Sera. How are you?"

"I am ... as normal as I can be, Amarra," smiled Sera. "I have been spending so much time with Spectro lately. I hope it does not interfere with his protector duties."

"Oh no," said Amarra. "It does not. I ... spend most of my time here now."

"But, Amarra," said Spectro. "You say you wish to be normal and that you do not want to be Amarra anymore? Is this because of Ramus and Isis disappearing from the temple? Please, be patient. The servants have already dispatched several of the workers here to find them."

"It is not of that either, Spectro," said Amarra. "I do not want to be Amarra anymore. It is because I want to be the person I have always wanted to be. I have always pretended to be someone I am not. Well, I want to be someone ... someone who is true to herself and true to everything that revolves around her."

"And so who is this person may I ask?" asked Sera.

"This person is Nephitaty," said Amarra. "I want to be known as Nephitaty. I have heard that it was one of my father's wishes to be called that and my mother had considered the name. But she did not have enough time to say it ..."

"So it is decided," said Spectro. "Your name is Nephitaty."

"And it seems that name makes me respond better," she smiled. "Perhaps it was my destiny to be Nephitaty."

"But remember that your true name is Amarra," said Sera, reminding her.

"I know that," said Nephitaty. "So my name is Nephitaty."

And so the true story progressed from there. Nephitaty she was called, but she knew that the one true name was Amarra. And it was from there that Nephitaty regained her confidence. She started to learn how to control her powers through meditation and this left Spectro more free time to spend with Sera. Her appearance had changed somewhat and dramatically.

Weeks passed by, but there had been no sign of Ramus or Isis. Nephitaty grew impatient of waiting and there was one thing that she now had to think about. The day that Spectro had lost his arm. She now recalled a bright light getting rid of a deep inner darkness. What was that bright light? Had it truly saved her?

"Please, Horus ..." whispered Nephitaty. "I need the guidance, the help and support I need to know what truly happened that day." She knew nothing was happening here, but she knew that this was NOT effortless. She rose to her feet for the first time in praying. "I WANT ANSWERS! I DO NOT WANT TO BE USED LIKE THIS ANYMORE! WHAT SAVED ME THAT DAY?" It was the first proper time that she had ever yelled in her entire life.

And then before Nephitaty knew it, the whole temple was shrouded by the darkness. She rose to her feet and her body shone with light surrounding her.

"At least I can summon it when it is most needed," she said.

And then the darkness disappeared from that room only. Nephitaty opened her eyes to see Runinhura for the first time. She had not seen him when he had encountered Spectro because she had been knocked out.

"And I see that you have grown so beautiful in the past three years," he smiled nastily. "Oh, how it has gone so quickly since I last encountered your loyal protector, Spectro."

"You have met Spectro?" said Nephitaty. "Well, anyway! I do not trust you and I know you are of darkness!"

"I met him when you encountered one of my desert worms," said Runinhura, sniggering. "You were out cold at the time and I just watched as my minions ripped his arm off."

"That ... that ... w-was you?" gasped Nephitaty.

"Well, someone has caught on at last," he yawned.

"HOW DARE YOU DO THAT TO HIM!" yelled Nephitaty as she rushed forward not even thinking at all about what she was going to do.

"Pitiful child," said Runinhura as he raised his right arm into the air. A dark aura surrounded it and it shone brightly. "It is time that I taught you what the true darkness can do to those who are just stubborn." He aimed the dark aura at Nephitaty and a dark blast went towards her.

Before Nephitaty knew it, a bright light occurred and she had been moved somehow from the position that she was in to another position in the room. Nephitaty felt two hands on her shoulders and she looked at whose hands they did belong to. It was Nairda there smiling and had his wings out shielding her.

"Well, you are lucky I am still here," he smiled and winked.

"Damn you!" yelled Runinhura. "Always were the pathetic guardian, were you not, Nairda?"

Nairda stepped in front of Nephitaty and spread his wings out putting her out of Runinhura's sight. "Pathetic? Really now?" he said. "How am I worthless to you, brother? I should not call you that anyway. You never really were my brother to start with."

"You and Xela should pay for not following the same path as I!" shouted Runinhura. "Why can you not just simply allow me to go down my own path and take whatever I need for that?"

"You mean as kidnapping this girl?" he suggested. "That will never happen, Runinhura. This girl is precious to Egypt's future and the gods forbid that you take her."

"And what?" hissed Runinhura. "They allow you to protect her?"

"They made me a specific guardian," said Nairda. "It was not long ago either. Must have been around five hundred years ago now. But I suppose you never did pay attention that I was a specific as well three years ago. I am more powerful now, Runinhura. One day, just you watch upon me. I shall become an ultimate guardian."

"Ultimate? You make me laugh," said Runinhura and he did laugh. "Now unhand the girl and let me take her."

"Not without a fight, you won't," replied Nairda.

All this time, Nephitaty had been quiet. It seemed that Nairda's angel wings had amazed Nephitaty andput her under some kind of trance. She snapped out of it when Runinhura had threatened Nairda with a fight.

"Please don't fight here," whispered Nephitaty. "This is a holy place to pray to the gods. Not that I really believe in them ..."

"Ah, but you must believe in the gods," smiled Nairda.

"I hate to admit this, but he is right," agreed Runinhura, whilst glaring coldly at Nairda. "Horus, Osiris ... they are all real. And they are deadly. But not as deadly as me."

"You lie with your last line," said Nairda.

"And so you think I do," snarled Runinhura. "It is time for you to fall and die, little brother!"

And with that, the pair of them clashed. Nephitaty felt so powerless to do anything and watched as both of them fell and got back to their feet through an endless battle of blasts being exchanged and normal punches. Nephitaty felt so weak at the time. She didn't want to intervene because she might get hurt. She wanted to intervene because she had power at the time.

"Once I win this ... I shall ... claim the prize," said Runinhura.

"Prize? She is not a possession, Runinhura," said Nairda as he gave his older brother another blow to the face. But this time, it was so bad that he could not get up and Nairda had emerged as the victor. Runinhura, disgraced with his loss, disappeared into the darkness. Order returned to the temple once more.

"Who are you?" asked Nephitaty who had been watching from quite a distance away.

"Who am I?" smiled Nairda as she said this. "I am Nairda Nadroj, your new guardian. It is an honour to meet you ... Nephitaty." And with that, he kissed her hand and bowed down to her. This was the one who had the biggest and deepest impact on her.

ansemjafar

A.K.A. Jemxas
Awards
That was an awsome chapter. I figured that Nairda would make an appearance. Please keep up the great work. I guess this means that Spectro won't be in the story as much. Oh well that is still cool

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Time for me to update. Oh, ansemjafar. Spectro will still be in this fan fic as much as possible. Just because Nairda has arrived doesn't mean that he and Sera will be cast aside. Here's the next chapter.

~~~

Chapter 4: A New Challenge

Many months had passed by since Runinhura's sudden appearance and then his immediate disappearance. Nephitaty felt herself getting more attached to Nairda and knew of who he was.

"I am your guardian," said Nairda. "There are three types of guardian. The common ones, the specific ones and the ultimate ones. Commons go around and protect everyday people. Specifics, like myself, are assigned to protect individual people. And as for the ultimates ... their power is amazing. But I do not know much about them."

She still lived in the temple and she would not be alone very much anymore. Ever since Spectro had met Sera, they had been spending more and more time together. Although Spectro was upset to see that Nairda had arrived, he accepted that he would still protect Nephitaty and now he had more time to spend with Sera. In the meantime, Nephitaty was coming into her powers really quickly. She was learning to embrace the light within her and it took on the form of a few mental powers. Telekinesis, telepathy, flight, visions and astral projection.

Nephitaty went to the lower chambers of the temple one day to go and pray to the gods. Ever since Nairda had been involved in her life, she often found herself worshipping the gods and praising them for what they had given her. She was so pleased that someone powerful was protecting her, yet she couldn't help herself. She could feel the presence of a dark evil that would soon threaten the entire world. This was a fateful day and the presence was growing stronger.

"Please, Horus," whispered Faith as her eyes were closed and her hands were joined as she prayed. "I sense this dark evil and it is growing. It is darker than Runinhura and I do not know what to do. I tell Nairda, but he sometimes shrugs it off. Please ... give me your guidance."

Sometime later, she returned to the higher chambers and sat in her room looking ever so worried. Before she knew it, sand appeared out of thin air and Nairda appeared in it.

"Did you miss me, Nephitaty?" asked Nairda as he smiled proudly.

"Yes, I did!" said Nephitaty. She hugged him. "I missed you so much."

"Thank you," he whispered in her ear. "But remember that I will always protect you right until death comes and tries to tear us apart. I will look after you, Nephitaty." He let go of her and paced around the room as he saw the ornaments around the room. "You always were a special child."

"And so Ramus and Isis did tell me," assumed Nephitaty. "Where are they?"

"You might know," said Nairda as he turned to face her. "Your powers have only just awakened fully and taken form. But I know that you could use the power of visions to see where they went. The visions enable you to experience the past and the future."

"Sometimes, I cannot get a vision," she said. "It is hard for me to get one."

"What else do you need, except for my encouragement?" smiled Nairda. "I believe in you, Nephitaty, and I never will stop believing in you."

Nephitaty nodded and smiled. "I - I will try my best," she said, looking a little nervous. She went to Isis's room right away and decided to use one of her possessions to get into a vision. Nephitaty picked up a small cloth that she used to wear in the desert around her face.

"I believe in you," whispered Nairda as he stood by the door to the room. Before he or Nephitaty knew it, she had been dragged into the vision of the past.

Ramus was in the lower chambers and his eyes were black. Isis had entered and crossed her arms. "And so you have turned to the darkness," she said to him. "You promised ..."

"I promised nothing, you imbecile!" hissed Ramus in a voice darker than his own. "I am not Ramus anymore, but I am the dark side of him that was destined to be unleashed."

"I will not give up on you, Ramus," said Isis. "I shall not allow this!"

"Allow what? For myself to follow my destiny? Come now," he laughed as he turned to face her. "What kind of younger sibling do you consider yourself to be? What would Amarra think if you would not allow me to follow my destiny?"

"You are wrong!" yelled Isis. "Amarra decides our destiny! She is our angel of destiny."

"No, YOU are wrong," glared Ramus as he raised his right arm into the air. A dark aura surrounded it. "Now decide, little sister. Allow me to follow this dark path or else you shall fall victim to it."

"There is one other option," said Isis. "I shall stop you at all costs!" And with that, a battle was ensured.

Isis sent lightning from her fingertips to counter Ramus's darkness aura that protected him. Ramus stepped aside and the lightning hit the wall causing some bricks to fall down from the wall. He kicked her in the stomach with such strength that he had summoned down that the impact sent Isis flying through the wall. Weakened, Isis did not get back up. Ramus was at his most powerful and she could not face him ... not now, anyway.

"Stay down, you imbecile," hissed Ramus as he left the temple and took a camel through the desert.

Once Isis had regained her strength, she too followed him into the desert on a camel aided by three servants from the temple.

"Did you see what happened?" asked Nairda as he saw that Nephitaty had opened her eyes.

Nephitaty was silent for the first few moments. She did not do anything. She didn't say a word or move. Nairda could see the shock in her eyes. He crossed his arms and waited for her answer patiently. Oh, how it was so rare that Nairda would be patient. But he would do anything for Nephitaty and so he remained to be patient. After sometime of thought and consideration, she finally spoke to him.

"I saw ... Ramus and Isis," said Nephitaty. "Ramus ... he is gone. He has gone from the temple after he was consumed by the darkness."

"The darkness ... no, it cannot be!" said Nairda. "And what of Isis?"

"Isis tried to stop him," she replied. "And the last thing I saw was ... the pair of them heading to the desert."

"Hmm! The desert," he said. "And then to the desert, we go. Unless that is not what you want?"

"It is what I want," answered Nephitaty. "The servants can look after the temple. But I do want Spectro and Sera to come. We may need some extra help if we do face extreme consequences."

"I will not argue against your wishes, Nephitaty," said Nairda as he bowed down and kissed her hand. "I will do what you want me to do. After all, I am your guardian and I will not let anything bad happen to you."

And so Nephitaty and Nairda had ordered the servants to gather everything together. In the meantime, they travelled two miles across the town to Sera's house, where Spectro was saying. Wait, no. They DIDN'T travel two miles. Nairda did not want Nephitaty to use up her energy, so he had used the sands as teleportation to get there quicker. Nephitaty knocked on the door. It was Spectro who opened the door.

"N-Nephitaty?" said Spectro. "What a pleasant surprise. Please, please. Come in." As they came into the house, he shut the door with his only hand still using the skull staff as support. Sera was sat down on a chair and she smiled when they came into the house nearer to her.

"What a pleasant surprise this is, Spectro," she said. "Please, sit down. We have not seen each other for quite sometime now."

As Nephitaty and Nairda sat down, they looked around. They had only been in Sera's house a few times before.

"Would you like anything to eat or drink?" asked Spectro as he sat next to Sera.

"No, thank you," said Nairda right away. "Nephitaty would ... like to talk to you."

"Yes, it appears I know the reason why Ramus and Isis have left," said Nephitaty as she did look worried and concerned still.

"You know why our friends have left?" asked Spectro as he rose to his feet right away. "Please tell us more, Nephitaty. I hope that through telling us that we may find them as soon as possible."

Sera grabbed Spectro's arm and supported him. "Do not worry," she said. "We will find them. Let Nephitaty tell us where they have disappeared to."

And so Nephitaty told them all about her vision. Of how Ramus had been consumed by the darkness, Isis's attempt to stop him, Ramus almost killing her, running off into the desert and Isis following him in persuit. When Nephitaty finished, she looked upset. Nairda grabbed her hand and gripped on it tightly.

"It shall be fine," he said, reassuring her.

"They are in the desert?" asked Spectro. "Then what are we waiting for? We must go and help Isis right away!"

"But we also have to help Ramus," said Sera. "What mystifies myself is how he could be consumed by the darkness. He is such a good and kind man who is honest to the bottom of his heart."

"Perhaps he was tricked into consuming it," suggested Nairda. "But for now, we should not jump to conclusions. Who knows where it could lead us? What we need to do is go to the desert. Nephitaty and I are going to do that. We came here to tell you all about this."

"Will you join us?" asked Nephitaty, breaking her recent moment of silence.

"Join you?" said Sera.

"But I have Sera now and I do not feel like your protector anymore," said Spectro.

"But, Spectro!" said Sera. "We must at all costs. Ramus and Isis are our friends. If they are not yours, they are mine. It was through them that I met you and we fell in love. I will not abandon my friends, I shall go with you both."

"If Sera goes, then I shall go too," agreed Spectro. "Although you do have a guardian, I shall still be your loyal protector. I made Ramus and Isis a promise to protect you no matter what. And that is what I shall do!"

"Well, their minds are made up," smiled Nairda. "We shall set off at dawn. For now, we must rest. Dusk is upon us and we shall bid you farewell." He grabbed Faith's hand and they disappeared in the sands that appeared in the thin air.

Meanwhile, Ramus had been on a long journey through the desert. His voice was becoming increasingly darker through the darkness consuming him even more. "It appears we are here," he hissed as he got off his camel and looked upon the pyramid in front of him. "Yes, I am here at last. After so many weeks, my travels take me here." And so, he thought to himself. But I had so many set backs. Especially with the temple servants that tried to stop me and so I slaughtered them ...

He entered the pyramid and looked at the hieroglypthics on the walls. But these weren't any ordinary hieroglythpics. These were hieroglypthics of darkness. He came to a chamber that was slightly dark. He lit up the torches on the walls and then there was a big statue of a muscular dark being in front of him.

"It is time to awaken the Dark One," said Ramus. "Oh yes, he shall reign upon Egypt and make the gods themselves tremble." It was now a dark beginning to a dark end to the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back