• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lit ► The Enderverse - Ender's Game Series Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Moses Arias. Really. Ehh.

Pretty much.
Just, bleh. He doesn't seem like a Bonzo. At all.
He's too Disney to be a Bonzo.

I just pray to god they don't butcher the plot of the original book. Also I think it'll be strange having a female playing Anderson

OSC was supervising the script writing. So, there's some hope.

In other news, they launched a blog on tumblr for the movie! ENDER'S GAME BLOG

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Here's the first movie still:

first-offical-still.jpg

yes that is Harrison Ford as Graff

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
That's pretty cool! :D

Two girls are in that picture. In the novel, there's barely any girls at Battle School. I wonder if that's something that's been changed. Not a huge thing, if so. Just interesting.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
Two girls are in that picture. In the novel, there's barely any girls at Battle School. I wonder if that's something that's been changed. Not a huge thing, if so. Just interesting.

I thought the exact same thing when I first saw this picture. Not a big deal, I agree, but I hope they stay true to the novel.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
They're just name dropping. It's not an actual comparison to those films, so I wouldn't worry about it too much yet.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I've been scared for this movie ever since Gavin Hood was announced as directing. I want it to be good so much, but there's a strong possibility that it won't.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I think it's only going to affect the movie (providing there aren't obvious homophobic undertones) only if LGBT groups decide to villify Card more now that his arguably most popular work is getting a movie.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
ENDER'S GAME BLOG

so Gavin Hood says some things
and there will be a teaser poster revealed tomorrow that shows the Battle Room
kinda exciting because i really want to see what the Battle Room is like but also not very exciting because it's not very much
hopefully a trailer gets out soon

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
[video=youtube;vP0cUBi4hwE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vP0cUBi4hwE[/video]

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
The trailer looks great. They've certainly have taken some creative liberty with their interpretation with the book, but there's nothing here I really dislike. Only concern I have is that there was no sign of Peter. I know that in Card's own script that he wrote in the late 90's he removed the stuff with Val and Peter, but I hoped that the writers here would have kept it. It's only a trailer, so maybe it will be in the movie.

Also, what's up with Mazer's face tattoos?

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
So hunger games
Ender's Game
Divergent
Maze Runner

Alot of of young adult fiction movies being produced latly

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
So hunger games
Ender's Game
Divergent
Maze Runner

Alot of of young adult fiction movies being produced latly
I'm really hoping Ender's Game doesn't suffer from being so hot on the heels of the Hunger Games, due to them both featuring child warriors and the word Game in the title. Especially since they books are so extremely different. If I hear anyone accusing EG of being a knock-off, I might lose it.

I'm still refusing to get too hyped for this movie, though. The last time I got excited that one of the books I read in middle school was getting made into a movie Eragon happened. The EG cast is excellent, though. They look just like I imagined. And the director apparently has made some good stuff before. The sets/backdrops are certainly better than anything my boring imagination could come up with.

iLeen

Awards
I'm really hoping Ender's Game doesn't suffer from being so hot on the heels of the Hunger Games, due to them both featuring child warriors and the word Game in the title. Especially since they books are so extremely different. If I hear anyone accusing EG of being a knock-off, I might lose it.

I'm still refusing to get too hyped for this movie, though. The last time I got excited that one of the books I read in middle school was getting made into a movie Eragon happened. The EG cast is excellent, though. They look just like I imagined. And the director apparently has made some good stuff before. The sets/backdrops are certainly better than anything my boring imagination could come up with.

Seriously! They are extremely different. I actually like Ender's Game a lot more than Hunger Games, too. The writing was excellent, the characters are complex but I love 'em all, and the plot is out of this world (sorry for the very, very terrible pun). Ender's Game has become one of my top favorite fiction novels. (and no, Hunger Games is not one of them. I just don't really like Katniss all that much. Sorry to anybody who likes her :X )

I can't believe I never heard of this book until recently when my friend told me about it, and then I find out that they're making a movie on it. And it's too late for me. I'm already hyped for the movie, and I know I shouldn't be in case it doesn't live up to the book standards. Oh well. If I don't like the movie, then I'll just reread the book to make up for it.

I know, I know. I'm one of those latecomers who only find out about good books before its movie counterpart is released. I'm not very good at finding those golden novels on my own >_>'

Also, people have told me to read Ender's Shadow next (and they said that's pretty much the only other good Enderverse novel). Or should I follow a specific order in reading the other books and not skip any of them?

Last edited:

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Also, people have told me to read Ender's Shadow next (and they said that's pretty much the only other good Enderverse novel). Or should I follow a specific order in reading the other books and not skip any of them?

wat
Speaker for the Dead is a masterpiece and my personal favorite. It's a completely different kind of book than Game, but it is still great.

The whole Ender Quintet is good, though Xenocide and Children of the Mind are the weaker books. They aren't bad though. I would at least recommend reading those too. The Shadow Quintet on the other hand.... yeah, Ender's Shadow is pretty much the only good one. Still, I found all of them somewhat enjoyable when I first read them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back