• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Fun Fact Thread!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Haha, the ancient aliens thing is a good one! Point well made, and the elephant has now been exposed! XD

Fact: The Nazca Lines in Peru were made by removing the copper-colored rocks to expose the lighter earth beneath. These lines were made between 200 and 600 AD, and are sometimes said to be remnants of...giant looms that the Nazca Indians used to make their textiles.

I just found that out recently. :3 Strangely less exciting than aliens, but they're still in the history~

Gram

Banned
Awards
Fun Fact: Even though Atlantis is the most famous there is actually several 'lost continents' such as the "Continent of Mu".

Fun Fact 2: orachalium which you see in many video games was actually based on a mythical mineral listed as one of the metals Atlantis mined, know as Orichalcum. It was said to be of more value than gold.

Aliens-meme.jpg

I couldn't resist!
Fun Fact: The Pittsburgh Pirates (MLB) hold the record for most consecutive losing seasons by a professional sports team. They have had not had a winning season since 1992, until this year!

I both lol yet feel sad historical stuff was just ruined with the alien man. Curious now, was those cities on ancient aliens? xD

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Fact: Alien Man has gravity-defying hair XD

REAL Fact: Orichalcum has been thought of as brass, amber, chalcopyrite, and tumbaga. Accoriding to Critias tho, the substance was unknown even in HIS time (which those others were well-known), and could have possibly been a gold/copper or gold/silver alloy. It is said to be just slightly less valuable than gold.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
any religion with 10 or more followers is an official religion
the average american walks by 36 murderers in their lifetime
paul revere was a bitch and didn't do shit

Gram

Banned
Awards
Fun Fact: The greek god Apollo was one of the few, if not only one, to retain his Greek name once the Romans came to power and overtook them.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Fact: Light from the sun or another source actually has WEIGHT. So a shadow will weigh less than the ground around it. San Francisco weighs 300lbs more on a sunny day because of this.

Fact #2: There are 3 heavenly bodies that can cast shadows on the Earth. The sun is the obvious, the moon is another, and...Venus. It's called a Venusian shadow. Even though they're quite faint, Venusian shadows DO exist.

Shasta

Awards
Fun Fact: Left handed people are actually more creative than right handed people. Most of them are far better artists than right handed people.

Lol, I've been asked if I'm left handed alot of times, and that's not the case xD

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Fun Fact: Left handed people are actually more creative than right handed people. Most of them are far better artists than right handed people.

Lol, I've been asked if I'm left handed alot of times, and that's not the case xD

Fact: Lefties also have a better sense of humor and are better at sports. But they can (possibly) die an average of 5-9 years earlier than righties. ):

Shawty

Awards

Most artists I follow on Instagram are left handed as well and they're extremely good!

Fact: Pluto hasn't completed a full orbit since it's discovery, and won't until March 23, 2178.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards

this is because the right hemisphere of the brain, which is associated with creativity and artistic ability, also controls left-handed movements.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
this is because the right hemisphere of the brain, which is associated with creativity and artistic ability, also controls left-handed movements.
The left hemisphere not only controls those movements, it controls what you CAN write.

Fact: The Corpus Callosum is the membrane between the left and right hemispheres of the brain. Since the right controls visual input and the left physical output, they both vary in usefulness. A person with epilepsy used to be allowed to undergo surgery that cut through this membrane to rid the seizures from the ability to travel from one hemisphere to another. But doing hindered their ability to read and write. For instance, words are read by our brains in two parts: backwards and forwards, with each hemisphere only doing 1 of these actions. The word "heart" is simple since it has only 1 syllable. But with the severed membrane you would SEE "hea-" and you would WRITE "-rt." You know the word and can speak it, but it is extremely hard to convey.

Shasta

Awards
Fun Fact: Coca-Cola was first bottled in Vicksburg, Mississippi in the year of 1894.

I thought this little fact was interesting because I live in Mississippi, and my dad lives in Vicksburg.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Fun Fact: Coca-Cola was first bottled in Vicksburg, Mississippi in the year of 1894.

I thought this little fact was interesting because I live in Mississippi, and my dad lives in Vicksburg.

Another fun fact: Coca-Cola used to actually have a bit of the cocaine plant in it.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Fun Fact: There is a gene within the human body named after sonic the hedgehog. xD Hows that for sonic boom~ rofl

Fun fact: 23% of photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them to photocopy their butts XD
Wow just...wow. xD

Back