• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Gap of Time between KH HD ReMix in Japan and the Localization should be short, right?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyanSwett

Hey people

I made this thread because I wanted to share with you a thought I had last week, and I wanted you to show me your opinion in the subject. Well, I was thinking about the interview Nomura gave not long ago, and he said the development of the HD collection was almost finished, right? So, I think that there aren't so much differences between the Japanese and the localized version of the HD collection, just voice the voice acting of Days cutscenes, which I think would be shorter, don't know why... I don't think they will record the voices from KH1 and KH:ReCoM, because they are fine as they are, and there aren't a lot of new cutscenes. Also, the other difference is the text dialogue and the text in commands, descriptions, subs, etc., which isn't a lot of hard work, I think.

So, what do you think? Could it be possible that localized version of the HD collection could be 1 month apart from the Japanese version? Maybe 1 month and a half? 2 months? ... I really hope that they don't release the localized version more that 2 months away from the japanese one... It wouldn't be fair, because there aren't a lot of differences between versions.

KHJEDIKNIGHT

Awards
I'd say we should expect a wait of at least two months, but I don't think the wait will be longer than three months.

Sorarocks93

Awards
The voice are fine as they are, but they need to ask the actors for their permission in order to use them again. So they might have to redub some voices. Not to mention the final mix scenes.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
The voice are fine as they are, but they need to ask the actors for their permission in order to use them again. So they might have to redub some voices. Not to mention the final mix scenes.

They might redub or simply copy paste to save time and money. But yeah most localization has already been done. The only VA that needs to be done are for the days scenes, although some of them are already voiced from the original game, but those are few and far between the huge amount we're gonna get. If this game release in early 2013 for Japan and an announcement from Disney is coming soon I expect you all to harass the VA

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It SHOULDN'T be that long, however, it SHOULDN'T have been that long between times for BBS and DDD so we'll just have to wait and see.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I wouldn't be too sure on that. That's not always the case, and it actually very rarely is, like Silent Hill's HD Collection I believe where they didn't have the rights to the voices. It's the reason that some things can show up on PSN as a classic even while a voice actor may have no say in it. They're there to act; they really don't have much say in the matter of almost anything.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Like Pinwheel said, it isn't like that at all. They hire them to do a voice and after that the company can do what they please with the recordings. Silent Hill HD was a bunch of drama that shouldn't have happened (voice actors not knowing they signed the use of their voices away, trying to force monetary compensation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back