• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Golden City [a literate original]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
The sun sets, and a fire seems to ignite over the land. You shield your eyes against the blaze, and ahead of you looms something hugely vast: you think to yourself, Is it a mountain, a mirage, or has the sunlight hardened into stone before me? For what you see certainly looks as though it was built from dull sunshine. However, it is none of these things. It is a city.

Yes, a city, one created almost entirely from smooth desert-yellow stone that seems to drink in the sunset. It is tall, impossibly tall, but that it because it is built upon tiers that are each maybe a mile or half long. You try to count the levels, but you lose track. Eighteen, twenty, twenty-three? Somewhere around that.

Here and there, from close-set buildings, a tower will rise, and at the top, what must be a palace sits like a crown. Amidst the dusty gold stone are snatches of lush green, showing that there are, in fact, trees and other plants.

Outside of the city, people are gathered near the river that passes by, doing this or that while watched by a peaceful herd of horses- or are they gazelles? –in the distance. But now, everyone is hurrying to get back inside. Here, apparently, it isn’t good to be out after dark.

What the city itself lacks in color makes up for it in the incredible variety of its people. A cacophony of languages and a muddle of faces make up the population. And despite all the hustle and bustle, it seems to be relatively peaceful, happy; and yet you are warned, even now behind the sturdy walls, to find a place to stay during the night. And this seems odd, for what could be so dangerous here, amidst music, magic, and laughter, in- where are you?

Welcome to the Golden City of Ledonaath.

+[Recap]
Yep, that’s the plot right there. Nice, free-form, character-driven. Here your creativity can go nearly unlimited. Within reason, I’m giving you free rein over everything from flora and fauna to culture. This city is a melting pot, if you haven’t realized.

But just because I didn’t strap you down with a set of storylines doesn’t mean that it’s totally lazy. No, lots of things can and will happen, and you can make them up too. Just remember to read the rules!

+[Setting]
I explained some in the opening. Ledonaath is more often referred to as the Golden City because of its darkly-gold color. Like I mentioned, levels, twenty-eight of them to be exact, build it up. They connect to a tall cliff behind it. The terrain is a grassland/savannah type. The Windlewyth River runs past the city on its right side, continuing further on to the ocean, several miles away. Ledonaath has several parks built in it, a couple taking up entire levels. This has attracted its own animals, though there are menageries that keep most of them. Stables are built on every level for ‘beasts of burden’ that make travel in the city possible.

The city is peaceful. Yes, there are rogues in it, and people can and have been stolen from and murdered, but the crime rate is lower than most places of its size. Legend has it that the city was made, hundreds of years ago, by refugees from many different nations fleeing from war. And since then, the tradition of being a nexus of myriad different ethnicities has continued. Surprisingly, there’s a good amount of tolerance, as though the location encourages understanding. Temples for nearly every different religion you could find have been built, and a royal council runs the city accordingly, allowing proper representation for each race.

But, there are problems. Being a melting-pot for culture also means being one for magic. Whether or not magic is the cause or merely a magnetic attraction is unsure, but many a strange thing happen there, and it can even be dangerous after sunset. People have reported seeing wraiths wandering around at night, or been confronted by talking statues during the day.

Remember to be on your guard.

+[Non-Playable Characters]

The Watchers: Now, these are perhaps the most peculiar things about the city. No one quite knows what they are, but luckily, they don’t seem to mean anyone harm- they’re actually helpful at times. People speculate that they’re protective spirits who watch over the Golden City and its inhabitants. They come in the form of usually small, strange animals. And most often, you’ll simply catch of glimpse of glowing eyes or a shadow out of the corner of your eye. There have only been a few reported times in history that one of them has spoken to someone, and only to warn of great danger for the whole city.

The Plague: One of the several malevolent spirits that haunt Ledonaath. If it has a name, no one knows it, and for the most part, people are even afraid to name it at all. It comes in the form of a tall, too-thin man, with ashen skin, diseased orange-red eyes, and dark blood-red hair. It slips into houses during the dark of the moon and selects a victim, causing them to instantly turn feverishly ill. Death is always within a few days, and no one has yet found a cure.
The Plague seems to be related, in some way, to the four other malicious spirits that roam during the days when the moon does not show. They are listed immediately below.

Insanity: The spirit that comes in the form of a short, feral-looking black-haired woman with yellow eyes and fangs. When seen, it is most often laughing or smirking. As the name implies, it induces madness in people, and generally likes to create chaotic situations.

The Elements: A trinity of beautiful sisters that are made from the essence of fire, water, and air, and have some control over such. They cause destruction when they can. Fires, floods, dust storms, if they come during the dark of the moon, you can bet your life that it’s caused by them. Clicky clicky, I found a reference pic!http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/31039945/

+[Rules]

-Be LITERATE. If you can't post two paragraphs or more, including satisfying grammar and spelling, I don't want to see you. Don't worry though; I won't bite your head off if you missplace a comma or don't get a word or two right. But there's no excuse for your posts looking as if you typed blindfolded.

-Follow the general KHI rules, and remember about power-playing and god-moding. Common courtesy, ya know.

-Keep stuff PG-13.

-R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Respect me, respect your fellow RPers, respect yourself. I don't want any flaming in my thread. It's so pretty. Do you really want to make it ugly? If you feel the need to argue with someone that bad, please use the PM system.

-No Mary-Sues. If you don't know what a Mary-Sue is, then basically, it's a two-dimensional character. Flat. Boring. Too damn powerful or cliché. I love originality to death. You don't need to have a tortured past to be interesting.

-As the city is diverse, I adore introducing new races and cultures. So go ahead. But I don’t want you to be a 700-year old elf or whatever. And for my remaining sanity, please, no angelic or demonic characters.

-I uphold the right to boot you out if any problems arise or if I feel that your profile isn't up to par. And if I don't accept you, don't you dare post {after I will specifically ask you not to} and ask "y wasnt i excepted??" I swear I will gouge your eyes out.

-Be involved. I will allow absences as long as you give a notice. Upon your return, you will be given a summary and allowed to hop back in.

-Being involved does NOT mean rapid-fire posting. No one likes to come back after ten minutes and see twenty pages that weren't there before. Please don't do that. I'll cry. And kick you the hell out.

-Have fun! =D I love fun. I love whoever invented it too.

-Just an added thing … I swear that, out of sheer happiness, I will rep anyone who recognizes where I got the name for the Windlewyth River from. {PM me}

+[Profile] ~finally

Name:
Gender: {because sometimes, I do actually need this option}
Race/Ethnicity:

Level you live on: {1-25}
Personality: {how do they act? Quirks, habits, nature? I’d love to know. Make this longer than two sentences, though.}
History: {you’re okay to have fun with this}

Weapon/s: {make this logical. That's all I ask.}
Power/s & Abilities: {again, logic. you can have a specific power or just be able to use magic like a sorcerer, I don't care, as long as you're not too powerful}
Appearance: {either a description or a non real-life picture and description. Because sometimes I wonder; Does that girl really want her character to have purple hair ... ? But links only please}

Theme song/s: {it’s fun. =D}
Other: {the place for anything else that needs saying!}

Last edited:

HeartofTwilight

This sounds intersting and is a nice change to the more plot driven Rps I have been doing. I'll post my bio a bit later and lets see how much support we can get for this thing. This could be really nice if there are a good number of active members.

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
Hey, although I am relatively new at RPing can I join? I am currently doing another RP and I've seen people doing multiple ones, so can I join? I will upload my Template in a bit.

Name: Que (pronounced like the letter Q)
Occupation: Bust boy at local restaurant (if they have restaurants in this City- Will edit if neccesary)
Level you live on: 17
Personality: Que has always been a smart kid, although his naiveness and imagenation tend to get him into trouble sometimes. He doesn't have a lot of common sense at times, although he thinks out his choices very thoroughly. Always trying to do the right thing and be nice, becoming a teenager with those dang-blasted horomones and mood swings makes this goal much, much harder. He often is seen with a small Rubix cube (will edit if this is too wierd) which he endlessly solves and scrambles as he wanders the seventeenth level. He loves science, and often takes the scientific approach to explain all magic (although this often fails at many points in time). One aspiring quirk is his inability to make small talk with women, especially the beautiful ones.

History: Born in the Golden City to an average Family, he was obviously very talented as he progressed through the schools. Profficient in his studies at school, he became very into religion and martial arts at a young age, becoming aquianted with various martial arts despite his inability to become physically strong like the others around him. He grew older, and soon, although unpopular with his school mates and the others in the city at first, he eventually became more liked, and achieved a well liked status within the City. However, lately, as he progresses into his teen years, as he tries to be nice and do the right things as he has always done, he finds it to be much harder, and his caught between his past goodness, and the darkness lurking inside him. However that is the day he finds a battered Rubix cube lying on the ground of a lower level. Picking it up he feels a power spring within him that he never knew he had, and he lives on his life, fighting the darkness inside him, as well as the darkness around him.

Weapon/s: (This is definitly not logical, but I'll leave it up to you to decide if this is acceptable)- Que's only weapon his his standard Rubix cube, battered and dirty from where he found it in the lower levels. The Rubix cube allows him to focus his minds power and helps him keep control of the darkness inside him.

Power/s & Abilities: (logical? I don't know) Que's powers correspond with the various colors of the Rubix cube. By solving the red side, he can produce fire and control it, by solving the orange side, he controls earth, by solving the yellow side he can control electricity and lightning (also producing it), by solving the green side, he can control wind, by solving the blue side, he can control water and ice, and by solving the white side, he can control light. By solving two or more sides of the Rubix cube, he can combine abilities (like by solving red and yellow, he can use fire-lightning attacks, etc.). By solving the whole Rubix Cube, he enters a state of extreme power, exhibiting all six elemental powers at higher magnitiudes and having semi-telekenetic abilites. However, the Rubix Cube scrambles itself after a minute or s after this mode is achieved.

Appearance: No reference pic so...

Que has dark black hair, reaching a few inches below his neck. His eyes a dark brown, almost black, and his features are relatively Asian looking. His skin is regularly sandy yellow colored, while his fingers are long and spidery, his arms and figure normal sized, and he stands at about 5'10''

He usually wears long hooded pull over sweatshirts, black or red, with jeans, and a small pendant hanging around his neck, where he hangs his Rubix cube when not using it.

Theme song/s: Stand my Ground- Within Temptation

EDIT:

I know you don't want me to post asking why I was rejected, so I won't. I see my literacy mistakes now, and you are right. I will check my spelling better next time and thanks for this lesson in Role Playing literacy. Have a good role play!

Last edited:

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
{Cypberseraph, after much council and deliberation, I'm going to have to reject you on questions of literacy. Sorry.

Note: I added two things to the profile layout that I had forgotten. Oops!}

Name:

Faynyx Sayre. Goes generally by "Fay" or "Nyx" though.

Sixteen, almost seventeen.

Female.

Race/Ethnicity:
She's not sure, beyond being pretty human.

Owner of a magic shop, where she sells everything from spell books to medicinal herbs to potions.

Level you live on:

Nineteen.

Personality:

Nyx is a very intense person, full of contradicting personality traits and odd quirks. For example, she’s extremely optimistic and rather imaginative, but she’s quite practical too. Nor, for all her seriousness, is she uptight. In fact, she’s rather charismatic, if often reserved and enigmatic. Nyx can be a steadfast friend, but she’s used to keeping to herself and has no qualms about being independent ... but given the choice, she won’t work alone.

While she is realistic, trying to think things through in all situations, her natural impulsiveness works against such traits. Given that, her odd way of looking at fear- “Just do it anyway!” -and her compassion, she often gets into tight situations.

Nyx has no problem with stepping aside and following others if she thinks it’s the best course of action, for she knows her limits. Paradoxically, she’ll usually be the one to take control of a situation and lead if no one else will, or if she knows she’s best suited.

History:
Faynyx was not born in the City. Actually, she doesn't know where she was born.

She came to Ledonaath when she was just six years old, riding on the back of a horse, at the head of a group of tired, dirty, draggled ... children. She barely remembers her journey to the city, much less what caused it. She vaguely recalls her own home, and family. Her most vivid memories are that of a fire, and battle. And someone she thinks might be her mother setting her on a horse and directing a group of refugee children out of danger.

She and the other survivors- none of them over seven -arrived in sight of the Golden City as the sun set, searching for safety. The sentinels of the watch towers sent out a group of guards to them, and when asked who they were, little Fay, nearly falling off her horse from exhaustion, merely murmured, "We're lost. We're lost."

That was how Faynyx and the other refugees came to be known as the "Lost Children". Not much is known about them.

A few days after being led into the city, Fay was adopted by a woman named Talsmera Sayre, who was the head of a menagerie. Talsmera taught Fay about animals, and herbology, and helped her cultivate her own magical talents.

Two years ago, Talsmera fell ill to- you guessed it -the spirit whispered as the Plague. She left her inheritance to Faynyx, who, using the knowledge Talsmera had taught her, opened up a magic shop on the nineteenth level. She lives above the shop, with a view that overlooks a wood on the eighteenth tier.

Weapon/s:
Wrapped around Fay's waist, looking like an innocent decorative belt, is a very long, necklace-thin chain made of some very odd metals. Fay wields it as a whip, and its links are, in fact, sharp enough to cut. The whip is christened Folly.

But her main weapons is her shortsword, which seems to be made of the same dark, smokey metals as her whip. Across it runs thin motifs in the shape of swirling runes, shining silver. It is named Illume.

Power/s & Abilities:
Fay has learned how to control her Anima, the magical core theoretically located within each person’s soul that can be called forth with the right willpower. She summons her Anima and commands it verbally to form a spell. However, it can be capricious, almost like a different entity inside her, sometimes draining or invigorating her after a spell or ignoring her commands completely. Like most powers, it reacts strongly to emotion, occasionally causing it to go off on its own or do something that Fay calls “backlash”, whipping out and back at her with a sharp pain.
Along with years of training, she's skilled in various arcane arts, mostly herbology.
She also has smatterings of several languages, necessary in such a city. But she's not that good.

Appearance:
Nyx usually wears an effeminate type of frock coat, like a long hooded shirt attached to the bottom part and cinched at the waist by a girdle, the rounded tail reaching down to her knees with the front end a bit shorter. The cloth is form-fitting and light to allow for movement and coolness in the hot weather. Living where she does, her clothes are mostly in pale colors. On her feet are tall brown boots, lacking heels and securely tied.

She has gloves made of a special material to protect her hands from her own whip, coloured white and nearly touching her elbows. Over the gloves are leather-and-metal guards that stop before her fingers and don't cover her palms.

Theme song/s:
Lose Control by Evanescence and You Can't Take Me by Bryan Adams.

Other: Nyx has two animals.
An Appy mare named Aniron, and
A dragonling named Raouhmo, who is the size of a small cat and will get no bigger.

Last edited:

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
Name: Zaro
Race/Ethnicity: Flounderling (Make fun of the name at your own peril)
Level you live on: 1

Personality: Zaro is very intelligent, even for one of his own race. He has always been very smart, but as is usually the case, he gets angry very easily. He is a very proud person, even arrogant. Also, he is very protective of his friends and family.

History: Zaro's family hadn't always lived in Ledonaath. In fact, most Flounderlings were not able to leave the ocean at all. Only recently had the latest generations of the race been able to adapt to living on land as well as water, and this would be responsible for the thinning of their race.

Zaro's father was always considered the leader of the "school" of Flounderings in their region. One day, Zaro's father, Trout, realized that the Ocean Waters were becoming more and more unbearable to live in. This was a big problem, as most Flounderings were unsure of leaving their homes, and didn't even know if they physically could.

While other water dwelling species remained unaffected, the Flounderlings found that they soon had no choice but to leave, and soon. The exact cause of the problems were unknown, whether it was that the temperature was changing too rapidly or some other problem was occuring.

Zaro's father quickly ordered that the Flounderlings surface if they could. About 1/3 of the people found that they could breathe air, but the older population was left behind, including Zaro's father. They were not heard from again, and it is unsure whether they escaped to safer waters or died slowly.

Zaro is not the oldest of his kind, and therefore did not assume responsibility over the younger children. However, he has lately been in arguments with the one who did assume responsibility, and something's gotta give.

The Flounderlings now survive as Fishermen and Treasure Hunters, as they are still capable of diving for short times, 3-6 hours depending on the physical state of the diver.

Weapon/s: -

Power/s & Abilities: Flounderlings are naturally stronger than the average man, as they have had to adapt underwater. They can swim at remarkable speeds, breathe underwater, and have amazing eyes for both land and sea viewing, same going for ears.

They have extra strong, finned tails and razor sharp fins on their arms. No electric current type deal, though. That's been done. =/

They are venemous, and their fins secrete the poison, adding to the effect of the slice.

Appearance: Zaro has blue skin like a lizard, scales and all. He has webbed feet and hands, razor sharp fins on his arms, and a strong, finned tail. He has beady little eyes, still very intimidating. He is not at all good looking to humans, and he doesn't care. Being scary is fun. He wears the uniform of the Flounderling Fishing Co. everywhere, as it saves time. (Pic coming soon, Amme.)

Theme song/s: Fortune Favors the Brave - Aida

Other: Living on the first floor provides easy access to the River! =D Buy from Flounderling Fishing Co.!

HeartofTwilight

Name: Narana Sartha

Age: 17 (not adjusted for race I’d rather leave it like that)

Race/Ethnicity: Narana is a mix of elf and drow. To be specific, a bit of human as well. Her mother was 1/2 elf, 1/2 human and her father a drow.

Occupation: Professionally Narana works at a tavern/inn on the 11 level, a level largely known for it's nightlife, though recently most of the costumers stay overnight. Her passion however is the bardic arts and she will sometimes make money on the side storytelling, singing, you know, preforming in general.

Level you live on: 15

Personality: Outwardly and inwardly Narana is two very different people. To the world she is charismatic and charming. She can persuade and woo with grace and ease. She is an opportunist with a rather sardonic take on life. In truth, Narana Is rather introverted. She is a pensive cynic who thinks things over, and over again. She would much prefer to spend an evening in her room contemplating life than she would sing and flirt at the bar, but she does what she needs to do. Curious inside and out, she often is attracted to new information, however she can get it. Anyone can see that Narana is quite an independent thinker, a maverick of sorts even. Though she may appear cool and collected, her mind resembles a thunderstorm much than a tropic breeze.

She loves music and reading and would rarely turn down a deep discussion, as long as things don’t get personal. As far as quirks go, not many can be afforded in her line of work. She tends to rarely sit with her legs hanging down off the chair like most people do. She prefers to sit cross-legged of curled up, even with her legs dangling off the arm of a chair. Also she is a bit of an insomniac.

History: Narana was raised by her mother in a small house on the forth tier. She never met her father. He was a traveler that stayed at the inn where her mother had worked. He stayed for a while and made sure to sit at the tables her mother served. He was a handsome drow and she was a young and curious Ledonaathian. Well one thing led to another and his two-month stay turned into a ninth month pregnancy for her mother, Palia. Of course as things go in the world, he left, and she stayed. Narana's mother and father were very observant members of the church of the Great Source, and their moral code was a rather strict one. It didn’t, unfortunately leave much room for unmarried daughters being impregnated by travelers. At the age of 23, a six month pregnant Palia Sartha moved out of her parents house on the 15th level and into a small one on the forth.

Narana was born and raised there. For Palia, her daughter was all she had and she did all she could to provide the best for Narana. The duo could not afford fancy schooling or any tutor so Palia school Narana the best she could. A lot of the education she received was through guests at the inn, and it was a remarkably complete education at that. One would be surprised how many professors and school asters pass through. Narana was always and avid learner at picked things up quickly. She loved history and literature and read book after book of legends and fables.

Her friends consisted mostly of other barmaid’s children and a few of the homeless kids that the owner occasionally gave shelter to. But everyone comes and goes at the inn, so no true friendships ever formed. The closest thing she ever had was also the closest thing she had to a father. A man who appeared to be in hi mid-forties used to regular at the bar and occasional the inn as well. He was a musician named Afagi. He played any instrument anyone could give him and had a voice of honey. The owner sometimes gave him money to perform and entertain the customers. Afagi took the young Narana under his wing and took it upon himself to fill the role of father. He also helped Pelia out when she needed it.

Afagi taught her music and told her tails of the traveling bards. She learned to play the lute and the lyre, as well as a few types of flute. Her curiosity and love of reading lead Narana to Bardic spells, though when asked Afagi would simply reply, “it’s all in the music, Rana, all in the music.”

It was through him that she first learned of her strange talent. Shattering a glass with ones voice is not unheard of, but Narana’s abilities went beyond that. She used her talents mainly as bar tricks. Shattering cups across the room or moving a chair slowly with a low tone was a good way to get tips.

But Afagi vanished a month before Narana’s 14th birthday, Afagi was gone. “He was just a customer,” her mother often said with sadness. At the age of 14 Narana took up a job at the bar serving customers alongside her mother. She preformed as well, as other young bar hands danced. Things looked up a bit when news reached the mother and daughter that the family house on the 15 tier was now theirs. They packed their things and moved in. Put things were not destined to follow a positive trend. When Nara was fifteen and a half years old, the two were struck by tragedy.

Insanity to be precise. Narana awoke just in time to see a deranged looking woman and bright yellow eyes. When Pelia awoke the next day, her mind had abandoned her. She did not grow violent as some did, but seemed slowly to regress into oblivion. Not yet 16, the responsibility of caring for herself and her mother fell to Narana.

Weapon/s: Narana is quite the opportunist when it comes to fighting. She has keen aim, at least partly from working across from a dartboard all day. Generally she will have one or two knives on her somewhere, but if there is one sitting on the counter, she’ll throw that two. Her voice as well as light metal pennywhistle allow her to advantage of her minimal control over sound. Sometimes she will use a lyre or lute is bardic song, if one counts that as a weapon.

Power/s & Abilities: As far as common abilities, Narana is an able thief when she wants to be, though her boss has a very keen eye so she avoids it. She is fast and skilled at slight of hand, but this is not her forte. Narana has some mastery over bardic spell casting. She is mostly self-taught, picking up tips from travelers she meets. Such arts include persuasion, illusion, and others. Augmenting her bardic abilities is an innate control over sound. She can use this anywhere from using her voice to using sound waves them selves to shatter and produce vibration, though her control isn’t unlimited. There is quite a difference between shattering lass and shattering bone.

But no power comes without downsides. Bardic magic is, while relatively trustworthy, not the most convenient. Sound too does not come without a cost. At times Narana becomes a regular at the herb shop for headache relief. If used to heavily to quickly, the sheer amount of channeled sound waves will cause her own inner ear to quake, causing brief attacks of vertigo.

Appearance: http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f.../Charecters/Darkelf-redwings.jpg?t=1174105037 Narana’ skin is medium as far as tone goes. Its hue pale tan-blue, a unique and not unattractive color she inherited from mixed parents. Her hair is platinum and is generally pulled back in a messy bun. She fastens it with a near full gold colored metal bracelet that she stretches around the base of the bun. Her ears are long and pointed, just a little less so than most elf or drow. On her left ear is five gold rings, matched unevenly by three on her right. Her features are rather attractive. Her eyes are a beautiful red that serve to charm more than frighten. Around her slender neck she wears a leather cord wrapped around several times with a tiger-eye stone as a pendant at the bottom.

As far as clothing goes, Narana is often in her uniform, which consists of a low-cut loose white shirt and a tight ocher leather vest. She wears a black leather skirt over black fish net tights. Knee-high black boots adorn her feet. They are fairly flat as heels just make the job harder. It is topped off with a black serving apron.

In her off time, Narana prefers loose shirt of a darker color and either dark pants or a long skirt, though she varies her wardrobe every now and them.

Songs: I’m going out on a limb here, well two…Losing my Religion by REM and Right Now by Fort Minor. (never used a rap song before. Yay for firsts.)

Other: She has a pet raven named Pea.

Last edited:

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Name: Flyhta
Level you live on: Two, but she tends to roam from one level to another.
Personality: Flyhta is an unusual girl in many aspects. On the surface, she usually appears as a normal girl, able to converse well. But. as her name suggests, she is of a flighty, fraught nature - one could almost describe her as having a nervous disposition - she is incredibly shy, can sometimes be terrified of new people to the point of being sent into a state of complete panic. Easily scared, and nervous around most people, many often wonder why she still lives in such a place - surrounded by thousands of faces - when she is of such a jittery nature. Some would argue that her mind is unstable.
Dreamy, and often unable to focus her attention on certain matters, Flyhta is not the most steady of girls. She spends hours every day just staring, lost in her thoughts, letting the world pass her by as she drifts from place to place. It is almost as though she does not understand what is going on around her - and most of the time, this is true. She is genuinely puzzled in the vast majority of situations, sometimes even unable to understand the gravity of the most serious happenings.
Flyhta does have her moments, times in which she seems to lose control completely. She shouts, screams, seeming to be in complete terror at unknown causes - it is thought that these fits are caused by certain triggers, although it has not been established exactly what causes them, and afterwards, she will have a mental block, unable to remember what went on; much to the frustration of those around her. She is somewhat distant.
However, although being a timid, erratic girl, with a nervous nature - and prone to fits of almost psychotic terror - Flyhta is friendly - albeit dreamy - and pleasant to exchange words with, as long as said words are chosen carefully. Although she seems aloof to those who do not know her well, to those who do, she is loving and gentle, with a kind heart. She is fragile, though, and special care must be taken to make sure she is alright.
History: It is not known what Flyhta was like before coming to the city of Ledonaath, but it is widely acknowledged that as a child, she was exactly the same as she is now. She simply appeared one day with her older brother - strangely, without their parents - back when she was just six years old. From the moment they arrived, her older brother - Vali - took excellent care of her, knowing of her delicate, frail nature. She still resides with him - and his new family on the second level.
Flyhta enjoys spending time with the various types of animals found in the area, as they seem to keep her relaxed - especially horses and dogs - and so is sometimes asked to help with caring for them. She enjoys doing this, as it keeps her mind focused - not that she notices. She also enjoys walking, and drawing. To some extent, she likes to spend time with others - but only those she knows well.
Weapon/s: Flyhta has no weaponry.
Power/s & Abilities: Flyhta has picked up a small amount of magic over her time, but just the basics - such as healing spells, and minor elemental spells. She has also demonstrated a hidden strength, the ability to fight.
Appearance: Small and frail-looking, her appearance reflects her nature. She looks as a child, with big, blue eyes, and bright white hair. Her face is rounded, with snub features, and elfin, pointed ears. She has a thin, weedy frame, and bony limbs.
She usually wears a plain white hooded top, made of thin material, with long, bell sleeves. It reaches just below her waist. She also wears a white skirt. On her feet, she wears a pair of greyish, soft boots, made of suede, and other furs. A large, white feather - which she is never, ever without - is pinned to her shirt.
Theme song/s: ‘Dearly Beloved’ - Kaoru Wada, KH2 OST

Here, just as promised. ^-^;

<3

Crisis Break

Hopeless Idealist
Name
Lucent Mutisme.

Race/Ethnicity
Hellbound demon! Lawlz, jk. A race known as Sorcelles/Sorciers.

Occupation
Wanderer/Hitman

Level you live on
The 13th.

Personality
Lucent is widely known by close friends to be a person of reason. While his adventure-bound and danger-seeking comrades rush in for a fight, Lucent Mutisme likes to observe and is tactful in every decision he makes. Interpreting everything with a psychological view, Mutisme sometimes takes things too seriously, which interferes with his ability to relax and have fun.

In spite of his self-conscious need to not start up conversations, once one does, they are in for a ride. Speaking with Lucent is analogical to speaking to an old friend, regardless if you've never met him before. Friendly and good-natured, you would never expect him to be a professional killer. Speaking of which, Lucent can also be alarmingly sophisticated when it comes to his work, and is very deceiving, as he can portray many personalities with ease.

History
Born and raised straight in the golden paradise of Ledonaath, Lucent is familiarized with the diversity of the city, and is widely aware of the strange occurences that haunt the twenty-eight story city in the night. However, at age six, when he first moved to the bustle of the town, it was not so warm and welcoming to him.

Being raised without a mother provided some inconveniences for Lucent. No doubt, Lucent's father was a good one, having taught him valuable and memorable experiences, teaching him the thrill of swordfighting and the joys of fishing, yet he wasn't a very affectionate father. Acting more of a friend rather than as a paternal dad, Lucent was raised in a home without boundaries and without knowledge of feminine sympathy.

At age twelve, Lucent had to leave school in order to take care of his father, who got extremely ill for no apparent reason (it was the Plague). Though he tried the best he could to minimize the damage of his father's debilitating disease, his father died shortly thereafter, as did a part of Lucent. With nowhere to go, Lucent joined a boarding school of sorts, for his father's request for him to finish his education.

Graduating at sixteen with remarkable marks, Lucent realized he was proficient in swordfighting, due to the training at his school. After a failed attempt to join Ledonaath's military program, another reached him. Calling himself 'Lancier,' he persuaded Lucent to join his business- a sorcery party, hired hitmen assigned to kill. That was seven years ago. At twenty three, Lucent is still with Lancier and his magic assassins, wondering if his life is truly worth something. Little did he know...

Weapon/s
Being a shadowfencer, Lucent used his sorcery to bend shadows into solidity, creating a shortsword fit for Lucent's powers. Its handle is made from white marble, and its blade is formed from shadow-crested obsidian and pure, unrefined steel- it has come to be known as Maléfice.

Power/s & Abilities
Aside from his flawless proficiency in fencing, Lucent was taught by Sorcier an ancient magic- one that draws its power from the core of all darkness, where the birth of all evil began- it is known as shadowmajick. Harnessing its great strengths, Lucent can activate it by chanting spells in Latin. However, constant use of darkness can erode the heart, the spirit, and the user's memories.

Appearance
Lucent is just a face in the crowd when it comes to Ledonaath's streets. Standing at 6'3" and retaining a pallid complexion, his usual attire consists of a black buttoned shirt with a white undershirt, black jeans, and a pair of steel-tipped leather boots, for agility. His eyes are dark grey, that seem lifeless and lack luster, and always seems to stare into your soul.

Theme song/s
Across the Universe - Fiona Apple
Mad World - Gary Jules

Other
Lucent has a phobia of the Plague, and immerses himself into swordfighting to cope with his recurring depression. He also has an unrequited fascination with a girl he sees in Level 19 (which is, unbeknownst to him, is Faynyx.)

Sorciers (male equivalent of the species, female is a Sorcelle) are magical beings who are well known for their empty sullen eyes and a small grey horn that leads their spinal cord at the back of their necks (Sorcelles have smaller horns). These horns are vestigial; they lack any traditional use, except its ground powder is useful in particular medicines. However, it does serve as a mental focal point of a Sorcier/Sorcelle's magic power.

They are magically adaptive, naturally slender, and are unable to possess any physical stamina without any magic spell. You can pinpoint a Sorcier just by looking at their eyes- they lack any luster even when exposed to light, and can view the sun without needing to care for their eyes' wellbeing (they have excellent eyesight). Their hearing ability is slightly more potent than the average human. Though their species is abundant, it is uncommon to see them prowling about Ledonaath.

Last edited:

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Name: Mime Panto.
Race/Ethnicity: Human, and idn't it sad?
Level you live on: 17
Personality: Mime is incredibly competitive, defensive, and fierce. She roams through the city with such intensity that staring eyes are quickly averted, though flashing glances persist everywhere she goes. Though this intensity first draws people to her, they often turn away as soon as possible, realizing that her contempt for the world and loathing of the people around her rarely ever strays. Despite this apparent malice for everything around her, she has a zest for life and wouldn't trade it for anything. She loves life, and she would defend her friends to the end, if she had any. It's not for lack of trying, and she's determined that it will change soon. Somewhere in this beautiful, 25-level place, she's bound to find someone who won't give up on her.
History: Mime was born mute, and her parents' sense of humor (the one that was passed down to her, too) gave them the idea for the name. " 'S'not cruel," her father would often sniff. "It's funny."

Technically, she wasn't born in the Golden City. She was born in a small, human settlement that has long since been washed away by those who oppose the minority. Her parents moved to the lower west corner of the 17th Level, where they would be free from those who persecute the human race. Mime was only three when the settlement was destroyed, and they say it crippled her to see her small town burn.

When she moved to Level 17, everything changed for her. Back in the village, Humans weren't a minority. Back in the village, no one cared if you were mute, blind, or deaf, and all of these disabilities - though not common - weren't frowned upon. Her mother being deaf and herself being mute, Mime was understandably depressed, having been thrown into a new place where people were awkward and sometimes disturbed by those whose imperfections were so noticeable. The awkwardness of dealing with someone whose sickness can never go away and yet isn't something to worry about is always apparent now, and Mime resents herself for not being able to remember a time when she wasn't "such a strong girl." A time when she was just accepted. She longs for such a place again, but she has "given up hope" (or seen the light) in finding one here.

Mostly now, she eckspresses everything through painting, always keeps a supply of paper on her, and ecksplores the different levels.

Weapon/s: Mime has a knack for mixing incredibly vicious poisons and acids, but this is more of a hobby than an actual weapon. Her weapon of choice is a long lance; plain, but not ugly. Simple. Effective.

Power/s & Abilities: Talented apothecary, though this would never be a career, can also channel magic through her paints and brushes (though this is more of a parlor trick and passion than a useable skill, for now).

Appearance: Though her mother and father were incredibly beautiful people (to Mime, at least), she hasn't quite studied her own features (as she doesn't care much about them). Not ugly, not incredibly beautiful, Mime has what her mother always calls, "Potential." Meaning I should wear make-up and dresses, and then I'll be just like the other girls, Mime would protest. Her green eyes hold flecks of golden brown, providing for a slight shift in balance, depending on what she wears. Her skin isn't incredibly tanned by human standards, but she's not milk-white, either. Her dark locks are cut short, maybe an inch under her jaw. The glare she wears plastered on her face always falls away when she's caught in the moment, laughing the day away.

Standing at about five foot four, weighing around a hundred pounds (maybe short of that, but who's counting?), she is considered petite, but her biceps would beg to differ. Proportionally, she has a muscular build, despite what her slight figure would try to suggest. She keeps in shape, but she doesn't go overboard.

Mime chooses to dress in soft, comfortable materials that do not suggest anything - anything from a lack of nutrition to something that would intrigue others. She keeps it simple, wearing long shorts, capris, pants, but never skirts. She cares not for dresses, and the only things preventing her from looking like a total boy are her feminine face and slight build. Usually barefoot, sometimes in shoes, but never socks, her tastes are simple.
Theme song/s: Human Tornado - Look Around - Anthony Rapp.
Will I - RENT - Jonathan Larson.
Other: Mute. :3

Who Am I?

Name - Dwaine Boomfist

Age - Somewhere over one-hundred and twenty. Dwaine lost count several weeks ago.

Gender - Male

Race - Dwarf

Occupation - Leader of the “Guild of Crossbows”, a rather forgotten guild of men/women… wielding crossbows. Not much else too it. Dwaine also came fifth place in the annual drinking contest at the nearby tavern - he felt so ashamed of himself after losing so badly.

Level - Dwaine, and his “Guild of Crossbows” ( GoC ) have been known to change levels every three months. According to certain sources, the guild is currently residing on the fourteenth level.

Personality
- Dwaine is a stubborn, selfish dwarf who only cares for himself, his alcohol, and his crossbow which he dubbed “Baby”. He does not seem to do so well when faced with certain challenges, and people tend to question how he managed to run the GoC without too many problems. Unfortunately, Dwaine is also a sore loser - on the day he lost the annual drinking competition, he decided to whine and blame his loss on a child who Dwaine claimed was “distractin’ me with ‘is gaze o’ death!”. Despite all these disadvantages, Dwaine has grown somewhat of a reputation as a fatherly figure. Many guild members of the GoC claim that if Dwaine were to leave the guild, they’d leave themselves - he was like a father to them. Dwaine would probably disagree. And one last thing - sorry, bad - Dwaine likes to shoot things. A lot.

History
- There are currently only three members of the Boomfist family residing in the Golden City - Dwaine, Dwoine and Dwaoine. Three brothers who despise each other. Dwoine happens to be leader of the “Guild of Daggers” (GoD) and Dwaoine happens to be the leader of the “Guild of Flails” (GoF). None of them are known very much by the populace. They are constantly waging war on each other, leaving behind a scene of buckling men and laughing children - the guards are never even bothered to try and stop it.

Ten years ago these three brothers lived in harmony down south in the Dwarven lands of yore, with the other one hundred members of the Boomfist family. Selma, Yelma, Gravy, Nimar, Grimfire, Delma, Porridge, Birdir, Gwimir, Gwomir, Lormir - oh, sorry, got carried away there. The Dwarven lands of yore were a cheerful place, especially when the creatures from the crevices in the mountains came to dance in the moonlight, snatching away the Dwarven children with cries of victory. These creatures had no specific name - Dark Ones, Body Snatchers, Dirty Old Men, Hob-Goblins, Those Things, Them Things - eh, never mind.

The Dwarves eventually became fed up with this constant bullying. They sent their best men; three of their best men; three of their worst best men - Dwaine, Dwoine and Dwaoine. After saying their goodbyes, they left for the mountains; Dwaine with a crossbow, Dwoine with a dagger and Dwaoine with a flail. They trudged into the Them Things’ abode with their weapons at the ready. Images of the dwarves back at home cheering for them, and calling them ‘heroes’ drove them on.

When the reached the cave, they discovered the creatures within had enslaved the children, and had forced them to work in a terrible mining operation for mithril - a rare, and exotic metal. They charged in, and forced the creatures back (don’t ask how, Dwaine won’t tell you), and eventually they slew the Those Things’ leader, severing its head from the body. The creatures fled from the mountain, and never returned.

Then they argued. They argued about who should take the head back to the city. The one with the head was sure to bath in the most glory, and they all wanted an equal share. The argued so much that when they -did- reach the city, they realised that they had left something behind…

The children!

They were banished for their stupidity, sending the trio on a perilous journey up north to the Golden City where they reside to this very day.

Weapon:
A wooden crossbow with the word “Baby” etched into its side. No powers. He’s just an ordinary bloke.

Appearance: Click here

Dwaine in the middle, Dwoine on the right and Dwaoine on the left. Nothing too complicated.

Theme Tune: None at the moment.

Other: Dwaine has arachnophobia. Yeah.

Last edited:

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Cool beans! And, finally...you guys know that I like to keep my templates short and sweet, but that en't how I RP. :D

Name: Malaylee (Muh-lay-lee...pretty easy, really), however, she is more commonly called either "Mal" or "Laylee"...or even "Lee".
Race/Ethnicity: Maran
Level you live on: 9
Personality: Mal is independent and outspoken, sometimes to the point of being obnoxious. She is talented and uses it to her advantage. When others see her as being selfish, she is usually just being efficient. She has fabulous persuasion skills and she will usually get what she wants. Fortunately, what she wants is usually something that will not only benefit her, but others, as well. Malaylee is genuinely caring and loyal to her friends and is entirely capable of being level-headed, even though it may not seem to be the case.
History: Malaylee grew up in another, smaller city, with her family. However, when Malaylee was twelve, she got in a rather ridiculous fight with her parents and decided to run off. Mal walked and hitch-hiked until several weeks later when she found "The Golden City." Indeed, it was just as wonderful as gold, if more wonderful.
She quickly settled in. She worked as a street performer until she earned enough money for a place to live...it's been four years since she first came to the city.
Weapon/s: Malaylee has not had the need for a weapon until recently. She's currently saving up money to buy a used machete.
Power/s & Abilities: Malaylee has no sort of magical ability, but like most of her kind, her abilities in all forms of art are amazing. She can sing, dance, paint, draw, write...the works.
Appearance: Marans, in most ways, resemble humans. They are somewhat shorter, look younger, and their hair grows out in the form of something that resembles feathers. There is also no such thing as a blonde or a brunette...their "hair" grows in bright shades of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and so on...Malaylee is 5'0" tall, has an average build of someone her age, short, red hair, and freckles. She normally wears casual clothing fit for warm weather, such as sandals, sarongs, tanktops, shorts, and capris. Every once in a while, you can even catch her in a skirt.
Theme song/s: "Sound of Pulling Heaven Down" by Blue October

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back