• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Hottest of the Hot~!: Oathy vs. Jay Chou

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

This is it! Who is KHI's Hottest of the Hot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
With the placebo effect it sure does.
Actually no. The placebo effect is not caused due to the rise in blood sugar, but more of a psychological effect. The actual pill has no effect on the body, as sometimes there isn't any sugar in it at all. The way it works is that when the patient takes the pill, they believe that is miracle pill and their depression diminishes. It's similar to how people who pray usually have healthier and less depressing lives than those who don't.

Everything is psychological. My dad's a general practitioner.

Therefore, sugar does not increase someone's activity level/makes them hyper.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
Actually no. The placebo effect is not caused due to the rise in blood sugar, but more of a psychological effect. The actual pill has no effect on the body, as sometimes there isn't any sugar in it at all. The way it works is that when the patient takes the pill, they believe that is miracle pill and their depression diminishes. It's similar to how people who pray usually have healthier and less depressing lives than those who don't.

Everything is psychological. My dad's a general practitioner.

Therefore, sugar does not increase someone's activity level/makes them hyper.

I know; I meant if a person intakes sugar and gets hyper, then it's still the sugar making them hyper. Maybe it's not physically forcing them into the state, but because of the placebo effect, the sugar mentally caused it. Like in your example, it's still the pill making people happy.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
I know the placebo effect doesn't just work with depression, I was just using it in a medical scenario in which it mainly deals with depression due to diseases and illnesses.

I still stand by my statement that sugar doesn't make someone hyper, but only through biological means such as cellular respiration and the creation of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) which our bodies use as a source of energy. However, I do see what you mean and it makes perfect sense, but unlike you, I like to approach things through a more physical and biological sense (obviously) over a psychiatric view.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
I know the placebo effect doesn't just work with depression, I was just using it in a medical scenario in which it mainly deals with depression due to diseases and illnesses.

I still stand by my statement that sugar doesn't make someone hyper, but only through biological means such as cellular respiration and the creation of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) which our bodies use as a source of energy. However, I do see what you mean and it makes perfect sense, but unlike you, I like to approach things through a more physical and biological sense (obviously) over a psychiatric view.

Yea, I edited that part out, because I misread what you posted. And I guess we shall agree to disagree, then. :3

A

Azanulbizare

I voted for you, Ken.
drool.gif

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
This is no contests.

Girls are automatically hotter than guys.

lulz

arcjll2!

umm. i would hav voted for oathy
but i mean come on
he had his shirt off!
show some skin
get my vote.
hehe.
no wonder no one likes me.

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
Ken. Because he's hotter.

I told you this would happen. All the guys vote for Oathy because THEY DUN WANNA BE GHEY.

Come on the podcast later today too, bitch.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Can't lol, got a shitload of homework to do. CHEMISTRY, PHYSICS and gotta read Heart of Darkness. Ugh, shitty book is shitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back