• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Keyblade War Game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I just had a thought for the next game in the series after KH3. Obviously, by the name of the thread it would be the Keyblade War. Many people want to know the events of the war (not just Xehanort) and this would be the perfect way to do (Captain Obvious). The war was shrouded in mystery and the only thing known about it is that the worlds became shrouded in Darkness after the event.

Now, I know Nomura said there would be a new saga after this one ends with KH3 and the War could encompass just one game, but it would be a great way to go before starting a new saga since it would finally reveal one of the last mysteries of the Kingdom Hearts series because most of the other mysteries and oddities will be solved in the next game. It could show how the Kingdom Hearts universe became what it is today. Whether that means all the worlds were one huge world before the war or they were just all connected. More past Keyblade weilders and even more information about Kingdom Hearts and the X-Blade. The ending of the game would be a large scale battle at the Badlands/Keyblade Graveyard/Crossroads and would be such a grand event.

I actually thought up an idea for a way to give the game a kind of RPG type experience. The main character would start off as an Inbetween Keyblade Weilder/Master and depending on certain choices throughout the game, you could slowly turn more to the Darkness or the Light or stay in the Inbetween. This would cause different events to occur, some characters might disappear/die while others might become enraged, a few different bosses (including the final boss), different abilities, and a different ending. Such as if you became a Warrior of Light, the final boss would a Warrior of Darkness and vice versa. Now, if you stayed as a Warrior of the Inbetween/Twilight/Dawn/Dusk, I haven't worked that out yet. Either the final boss or the player would use the X-Blade against the final boss(es). The ending might be the same, but then again Xehanort could be wrong in his research and maybe Darkness didn't flood the worlds, maybe they were just recreated or blinded by the Light.

Another way the game could be played would be to have three different (at least two) scenarios. A Warrior of Light, a Warrior of Darkness, and a Warrior of the Inbetween. The game could also have different cutscenes, final bosses, and other stuff without the RPG stuff being involved.

Both ideas could work and it would be an interesting game. It would also give Nomura and Square time to think of what to do with the next saga (grown up Sora, Riku, and Kairi or something else) if they don't decide to make a saga out of the war. They could probably just do the war in one game. Two at most.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Inbeforetherearen'tgoingtobeanygamesbeforeBbSinthetimeline.

The problem with having a game revolve the Keyblade War is that it takes away the aspect of traveling to other worlds. I guess you can have other character travel among lands but I'm not sure if it'll have the same feel. Though to be honest I rather prefer the details of the war to be ambiguous. The Keyblade War is potentially explorable from a more hands on experience but just because you can explore it doesn't it should be.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Inbeforetherearen'tgoingtobeanygamesbeforeBbSinthetimeline.

The problem with having a game revolve the Keyblade War is that it takes away the aspect of traveling to other worlds. I guess you can have other character travel among lands but I'm not sure if it'll have the same feel. Though to be honest I rather prefer the details of the war to be ambiguous. The Keyblade War is potentially explorable from a more hands on experience but just because you can explore it doesn't it should be.

Not only that, it also takes away the focus from Sora and the others of the present time. I doubt that we're going to save all those people to just let them rot at the sidelines.
Xehanort is the one obsessed with the Keyblade War and after he meets his end the whole "Keyblade War"-stuff should as well. We already know everything we need to know about it and what it caused in the end, Yen Sid and Xehanort both describe it clear enough to get a picture.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Kingdom Hearts is Sora's story. Sora was not around during the events of the Keyblade War. Nor does he play any sort of role within it.

Now if there's a new Keyblade War, since from BBS and from 3D we know that MX was trying to recreate it, then they can have a game focus on this New Keyblade War.

There will not be a game set before BBS place in time. Anything in the future is game though.

HoovGamer

Awards
Yeah and if they make a keyblade war game set before BBS they wold have to introduce more characters and then they would have to kill them off and that would really upset the fanbase

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm of the mind that the past should remain a mystery. We know vague details, enough to leave it up to our imaginations on how things went. I'm sure we'll get a bit more info on the war from Xehanort or something, but it isn't important for us to actually experience it as a full game.

I think once this saga is over, we need to continue moving forward in the continuity and learn about the universe at its current time.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Now if there's a new Keyblade War, since from BBS and from 3D we know that MX was trying to recreate it, then they can have a game focus on this New Keyblade War.
I like this idea. There's no need to have yet another prequel detailing events that have been pretty well described variously throughout the series, which happened mostly to people we don't know or care about, but if MX actually managed to stage that conflict once again with the Keyblade warriors at hand I could see myself getting invested in the outcome.

The other problem is a Keyblade War game wouldn't add anything to the universe, mythology, or continuity. We know how it ended, nothing of major interest happened before it, and in order for Nomura to make it relevant he would have to retcon some kind of direct connection with Sora's journey into it. Which could work, I guess, but I'm not exactly clamoring for it.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
One of the ways I see the series continuing after the Xehanort Saga, is that Xehanort is actually successful with creating another Keyblade War.

Again, that's one way it could go, there are other possibilities, some which would probably be a lot better.

LMNOP

One of the ways I see the series continuing after the Xehanort Saga, is that Xehanort is actually successful with creating another Keyblade War.

Again, that's one way it could go, there are other possibilities, some which would probably be a lot better.

Apparently from what Yen Sid has told to Mickey the Seekers of Darkness and Gaurdians of Light will battle, so in essence the next Keyblade War will happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruran

Awards
Apparently from what Yen Sid has told to Mickey the Seekers of Darkness and Gaurdians of Light will battle, so in essence the next Keyblade War will happen.

You might want to spoiler tag that bra'.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
You might want to spoiler tag that bra'.

You should do then as well in your quote, lol.

Anyways, A battle between twenty (or slightly more if you wanna count in extra allies for the good guys like Donald and Goofy) is surely not a "war" but only a larger skirmish. Master Xehanort said this clash will in the end get him the prize he seeks, the original, perfect X-blade. With that weapon in existence again, the greed inside numerous humans to possess it for themselves would return and THAT would in short order lead to another Keyblade War.

Ruran

Awards
Crud, I knew I was forgetting something.

Fix'd.

LMNOP

My Bad guys I thought this was in the spoilers section. My Fault.

Maybe there could be refrences to the past Keyblade war and they talk about the former SoD leader and later in the game he could be a secret boss that'd be alright for me, but when it comes to the first KBW itd be hard to keep to the KH style.

Grandsword

Website
grandsword.deviantart.com
I just had a thought for the next game in the series after KH3. Obviously, by the name of the thread it would be the Keyblade War. Many people want to know the events of the war (not just Xehanort) and this would be the perfect way to do (Captain Obvious). The war was shrouded in mystery and the only thing known about it is that the worlds became shrouded in Darkness after the event.

Now, I know Nomura said there would be a new saga after this one ends with KH3 and the War could encompass just one game, but it would be a great way to go before starting a new saga since it would finally reveal one of the last mysteries of the Kingdom Hearts series because most of the other mysteries and oddities will be solved in the next game. It could show how the Kingdom Hearts universe became what it is today. Whether that means all the worlds were one huge world before the war or they were just all connected. More past Keyblade weilders and even more information about Kingdom Hearts and the X-Blade. The ending of the game would be a large scale battle at the Badlands/Keyblade Graveyard/Crossroads and would be such a grand event.

I actually thought up an idea for a way to give the game a kind of RPG type experience. The main character would start off as an Inbetween Keyblade Weilder/Master and depending on certain choices throughout the game, you could slowly turn more to the Darkness or the Light or stay in the Inbetween. This would cause different events to occur, some characters might disappear/die while others might become enraged, a few different bosses (including the final boss), different abilities, and a different ending. Such as if you became a Warrior of Light, the final boss would a Warrior of Darkness and vice versa. Now, if you stayed as a Warrior of the Inbetween/Twilight/Dawn/Dusk, I haven't worked that out yet. Either the final boss or the player would use the X-Blade against the final boss(es). The ending might be the same, but then again Xehanort could be wrong in his research and maybe Darkness didn't flood the worlds, maybe they were just recreated or blinded by the Light.

Another way the game could be played would be to have three different (at least two) scenarios. A Warrior of Light, a Warrior of Darkness, and a Warrior of the Inbetween. The game could also have different cutscenes, final bosses, and other stuff without the RPG stuff being involved.

Both ideas could work and it would be an interesting game. It would also give Nomura and Square time to think of what to do with the next saga (grown up Sora, Riku, and Kairi or something else) if they don't decide to make a saga out of the war. They could probably just do the war in one game. Two at most.

so basicly it would a KH version of KOTOR...can't see it happening..

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Kingdom Hearts is Sora's story. Sora was not around during the events of the Keyblade War. Nor does he play any sort of role within it.
Not necessarily. They could make up some retcon to tie Sora to it. Just off the top of my head him being the reincarnation of a warrior from the KBW but they'd probably come up with something more convoluted.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Nomura already said BBS is as far as we will go in history. Therefore I don't think a Keyblade War game will ever happen.

Like he said, Kingdom Hearts is Sora's story. The Keyblade War doesn't have any significance to Sora's story, meaning it's irrelevant to the future story of Kingdom Hearts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back