• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Sora Fan-Club! (also the home of JesuSora)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

White-Light

Go ahead!
Pic-spaming is always good when involving Sora :3

You know what here you go!

Sora_Chibi_by_bagsybabe.jpg

Explode from the cuteness!!! >:3

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I don't like him in most Disney-filler worlds, but I do like him in the more plot oriented worlds. His mental and emotional breakdowns are a more extreme version of his child-like depression in KH, and a continuation of his mental bursts in CoM. But yeah, the Disney-filler is icky.

Welcome, CA59!
sora-1.png

Look at how happy Sora is! He's looking forward to having fun with you!
Please accept this token plushie to commemorate this event!
KH_Sora_sprite_avvie_by_Sakura_Star.gif

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I think I'll sleep a lot better at night if I tell myself Sora isn't the way he is because of Ven, but the other way around. After all, we've no idea what Ven was like prior to Sora fixing his Heart, and we know that Sora already back then had the kindness and generosity and compassion "our" Sora has, so the "core" Sora is the same. Namely - Ven got the happy-go-lucky kiddy attitude from Sora :"3~

It still adds up with the canon, but my life is more peaceful xD;

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think I'll sleep a lot better at night if I tell myself Sora isn't the way he is because of Ven, but the other way around. After all, we've no idea what Ven was like prior to Sora fixing his Heart, and we know that Sora already back then had the kindness and generosity and compassion "our" Sora has, so the "core" Sora is the same. Namely - Ven got the happy-go-lucky kiddy attitude from Sora :"3~

It still adds up with the canon, but my life is more peaceful xD;

The bold part isn't correct however...
as even Xehanort acknowledged Ven's overflowing kindness and benign attitude way back when he found the kid and made him his apprentice.
From X-Report IX said:
We were destined to meet, and I could sense the potential within him, but the boy was too benign for his own good

Nonetheless, who says that both can't have the same qualities? There is no need to assume Sora got every trait and quirk from Ven.

Sorry...couldn't resist. ;P

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Every-day behavior, I mean. And I was talking more about the blunt, sickening references to Sora's lines in past games they gave Ven.
Sure, Ven might've been kind to a fault but as we don't know if he's the kind to blurt out how "his friends are his power", whereas friendships and protecting one's friends was a theme BBS itself established for Sora and Riku, it adds up to me it's Sora's fault, and not Ven's. :3

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
As we haven't seen them acting alongside each other we can't really say how much Sora's and Ven's "every-day"-behaviour differs.
I didn't even noticed it as that persistent, other than the "friends are my power"-line, which chronologically was said by Ven first, I can only remember two or three issues of "old lines" or mirrored situations like Aqua startling him awake.
That friends-line actually applies pretty well because everything Ven did, even giving himself over to grave torment by willingly crushing his own heart was done for his friends Terra and Aqua.
And I'm sure you won't tell me now this was all Sora pulling the strings from behind. Unlike Roxas, Ventus is an own whole being with an own heart.
Also, don't you think you're letting a little bit favoristism get in there and cherry picking? As the friendship and protecting one's friends-theme was mainly established for TAV and only secondary for Sora and Riku.

I still stand with the point that it is neither's fault.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Ventus is an own whole being with an own heart.

A fractured Heart who was on the verge of death apparently until Sora merged their Hearts. The bond was so that Sora got Ven's Heart, and the Darkness in Ven's Heart started looking like Sora.
I think this bond 1) goes both ways 2) affects Ven as much as it affects Sora if not more, seeing how it's Sora who's the whole Heart.
Sora wouldn't need to actively pull the strings, just... be.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
And there's the misunderstanding: Sora did not merge their hearts, he (or rather, his heart) healed Ven's injury and by that formed their close connection. Sora's heart itself said it would support him until Ven's strong enough to fully heal by himself.
Vanitas's looks are just a side-effect of that, as he would look like anyone who took it on to heal the first wound.
The "merge", more or less, only came after the x-blade was thrashed and the new wounds were too deep to be "fixed" just by the connection.
Nonetheless, it's still not like with Terra and Xehanort, whose hearts more or less "fused" together.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I wonder, really. Xehanort possessed Terra through his Darkness. Who's to say something like that isn't possible using the Light?
And Sora did, for the most part, merged their Hearts. Otherwise Ven's never would've became "whole" again. He's basically using Sora's Heart for the duration of BBS.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Now you're making it seem like Ven wasn't even his own person in BBS, Xehanort only did cut out a small chunk of his heart to form Vanitas, and he was doing quite fine. Ven was surely not possessed by Sora, and he's still using his own heart all the time because he still has it. Sora only supports him by letting his heart form a sort of anchor so Ven's heart won't fade, not lending his heart to Ven.
During the years when he trains with Aqua and Terra and becomes friends with them his heart did start to heal. You're ushering more of Sora into the picture as there really is.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm actually using the more commonly accepted "balance of powers" and shifting it around a bit. I never said Sora was the reason in its entirety why Ven's the way he is in BBS. But given the references and the identical scenes, like the friends = powers bit, as well as the Ven-Aqua reference to Sora-Kairi (note - only one side acted identically), it's obvious they're affecting one another. Seeing how in BBS Sora was the whole Heart and was lending Ven some of it, it adds up to me more that Sora's "to blame" for Ven's behavior rather than the other way around.
Is Ven essentially the same type of person as Sora? Most likely, but there's that and there's quoting each other. Especially seeing how Ven was comatose when inside Sora, whereas Sora was active during BBS.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
While I understand the reasoning behind it, I still don't see why two meager occurrences would already mean such a big influence. Especially considering that the circumstances when those occurrences happened were completely fine for Ven to act like that.

Nevertheless, while I have an other viewpoint of this, I do see the other one and I'm actually interested to see if there will be a future elaboration on this in one way or another.
That being said, enough derail of the club now...*ggg*.
Still, I like both Sora and Ven very much, so what?

And as this is Sora's club, even a guest needs to contribute something for the key that connects everything. ;)

No issue Sora...I know you and Ven would make a great team! ^___^

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Actually, as the debate was dealing with Sora, it's ok imo X3;;;

Oh gods, Sora, you're such a beautiful girl in that CG movie xD;;;
At least he manned up even if a slightly bit in time for the KHII ending movies.

That and even if on a very symbolic level, you gave me more support for my "Vanitas and Riku are connected" theory.
Who did Ven throw that "my friends are my power" line at? Vanitas.
Who did Sora throw that line at?
MMhm~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back