• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"The World" As We Know It (.hack//)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Every Heart

Here We Go Again
Inside an empty room, my inspiration flows, now wa
OOC: Use this Field - .hack//Wiki - a Wikia wiki when making word combinations (World R:2)IC: It was a beautiful day in the town of Mac Anu, like it was always programmed to be. People communicated with others about item trades or mission quests and the like. Fun was to be had by all in the world's most popular online game The World. At the time, for the player named Laila, she really could care less. She was currently browsing the Chaos Gate's list of word areas she had access to, trying to figure out which area to go to. Preferably a simple field with adequate monsters for her level.

Last edited:

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
“Geez, that was everybit lame as I igured it was going to be. There were waaaay too many noobs around for my tastes. That’s the last time I listen to a stupid email like that.” Blyz eyed her surroundings, looking around the small haven like area known as the dome. Thee were all kinds of players there, but a lot of them didn’t stay too long, either exiting the dome to do business in Mac Anu, or using the Chaos Gate to go exploring, or use it for some other purpose. Blyz questioned herself as to why she even bothered using Mac Anu anymore. Breg Epona and such places as those suited her better.

Then again she could even have gone to the Netslum……..Tartarga, but her business there was limited. She looked around again. Only then setting her eyes on a very good looking player. Using a quick scan, Blyz could see that the girl was level 40, and seemed to be browsing the area words for a place to go to. She smirked. “There is quite a selection huh?? I’d recommend……” She thought for a long moment. “Hidden Forbidden Utopia.” Her pale blue face blank, showing almost no expression, yet with a turn o her head, a smile spread from her lips.

Blyz chuckled. “Normally that would be a level 122 area where you would no doubt be massacred.” She shrugged. “However on this server. Seeing as how you need to gain about 10 levels to visit the next one, that area is a place crawling with lots of monsters, and an abundance of rare items.” Blyz new this area was bugged, but not dangerously so.

“Not only is there a dungeon from the symbols, a boss, and the option to go to an alternate dungeon from the start. You should check it out……..”

Doctor Manhattan

Right Click, Save As
The crowds screamed their throats out. Virtual money was being thrown all over the place as people ran to make bets. Concrete covered in week old popcorn and stale caramel was being trampled by masses trying to reach good seats. People trying to make quick email checks before it began.
"WELCOME ALL, TO THE ARENA!" screeched the loudspeaker.
Fenix sighed, pulling his hood over his head as he sat on a bench towards the top, leaning against a stone pillar. He despised PKing, although it did happen to have the most amount of bugs, which was his job to find them.

mesmerized

"Beg for mercy you pitiful noob!" A flash light flew past the face of the young boy character who was kneeling on the ground of the temple barely missing his face. He let out a loud-high pitched scream forcing Cho let out a laugh, "You scream like a girl kid. You're not even worth my slaughtering." His eyes remained shut and all he could hear was the sound of foot steps, first loud then faint. Opening his eyes Cho was no longer in sight. "Who knew this video game could be so scary...." he whispered drying his face with his sleeve. "Everything seems so real."

"That's because your suppose to play the game as if it is real!" Looking up he could see someone dropping at high speed heading straight for his head. Within less than a second she was on top of his slicing him diagonally back and forth until the he was no more. She rose from the ground and stretched her arms. "Its just too easy."

The beast statue was about two feet away from them. Untouched, unopened. Taking her time she walked over towards it and kicked it. The treasure inside was only a level 10 sword which served no used to her. It would be just another thing she would sell for a low price.

This was just another day in the world for Cho.

Seigfreid

A Place of pure Evil & Choas Listening to the Boon
Bankai watched from behind a pillar at the PKing session going on. His eye's where covered by his hair as he slowly walked over behind Cho. He pulled out his scythe and pointed it straight at her. "Cho...you are indeed a pathetic loser. Wasting your time PKing low levels it is not worth anyones time you pathetic weakling!" He slammed His the end of his Tyrant Spine onto the ground and Charged her. "I hope you are ready to face your judgement CHO!"

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
----------------------------------------
Sleif was walking through the long endless corridors of this dungeon for the longest time. Every now and then some other players would appear and try and ambush him.
"Hmm, Looks like another waste of my time! Sleif thought as another player stalked him from the shadows.

Without warning the PK jumped out from the darkness towards Sleif, and before they could even get their weapons out, they were impaled by Sleifs long black bladed katana.
"Just as I thought, another waste! Sleif thought again, as he continued on his way towards the bottom.

Suddenly he heard someone yell "I hope you are ready to face your judgement CHO!".
Peeking his interest, Sleif made his way to the bottom and saw two players in the preparation for a battle.
"This will decide if my day will be a complete waste or not!" Sleif said while leaning back against a pillar, watching the two players.

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Blyz hadn’t bothered to wait to see if the player took her advice, or not, but in her boredom decided to go straight to a dungeon type area with which she had gone to when first playing the world. The area was only level 12, but she went there often enough, if anything to watch all of the noobs, and newbs alike whom made out for themselves there. It should have been known that after a period of time every area reset, so there was always the chance of getting a rare item from the chest, though 90 percent of the time, the only thing that spawned out of the chest near the statue on floor 3 of the temple type dungeon was a level 10, or 11 sword. Pretty lame stuff considering Blyz’s level and status, but to reminisce was to enjoy “The World”

For one reason, or another, monsters didn’t bother Blyz at all as she made her way down to the last floor of the dungeon , where under cover near the pillar leading to the left, she saw another player just standing, looking nothing more than idol. This didn’t peak her interest however. Taking a few steps forward, she snickered after seeing a player killed for no reason, and right as he faded away, she threw down an item, which revived him on the spot, and grabbed him by the arm. “Heyy be more careful kid.” The kid went wide eyed, because the mention of kid from a player that looked like a child was a bit annoying, but the kid knew who he was dealing with right away.

“………wow, umm thanx Geg. I never thought I’d meet you in person and all.” SHe just nodded, and donated a few thousand units of money to the kid, who then logged out. Blyz turned her attention back to the pker whom had attacked the boy, and now the obvious pkker who was talking about judgment. Pking was all well and good, and Blyz never cared about those who did, though it was a bit screwed up, but those who called themselves pkkers, vigilantes who in reality did nothing more than hypocrite the very thing they were supposed to hate doing. It was both trivial, and annoying.

The pkker rushed towards the pker, and Blyz smiled and jumped, throwing her body sideways, spinning rapidly, and using her right leg to kick the incoming weapon away from the pker whom was attacked. The scythe had been swinging down, and so with her left hand, she used the remaining momentum to knock the scythe away as well, the rod part of it anyway. Simple physics allowed her to land back in a standing position, facing the pkker. Blyz laughed when she recognized who it was at last. “Just who are you to speak of judgment?? Bankai. HA you have got to be kidding me. You are just a loser like anyone else. So what, this bitch just pked somebody, so now you are going to pk her?? There is no point, you are doing the same thing as she is. Hypocrite.”

She waved her hand, and her metallic wing flapped, casting a sheen of light over the empty space leading down where the statue had been, Her gauntlets vanished, and she put her arm straight out, after a few seconds one of her many scythes materializing before her. It’s staff section was much longer than normal scythes, and from where she was, it reached about 20 or more feet away, the rusted, yet glowing blade inches from Bankai’s face. “So do you want to leave now, or face me too??”

Swag

Young King
OOC: Damn you Tavi, you made me edit. .-.

"Why... do I even bother anymore?"

The words came off as blunt, sarcastic, and with just the right dose of tediousness. They coulddn't have been spoken by anyone else other than The World's Grim Reaper himself, Kanji. Currently he was taking on a group of PK's he had found harrasing some innocent newbies for no apparent reason. There were around six of them, none more than one level over 20. Absolutely no match for Kanji whatsoever.

Blocking a sword attack from one, with just a flick of his scythe he disarmed the girl and, with his armored hand, punched her hard in the stomach - sending her flying several feet backwards, PKK'd. Glancing over att the other five from behind his round spectacles he charged full speed, swing his scythe horizontally so fast that none of the had time to react. Catching all of them in the annex of the scythe blade and the pole he swung them around in a big circle before they all flew out and off into the distance.

Centriphical force was truly a bitch.

Turning around, he saw the cowering newbie, a blade brandier, in the fetal position on the ground. Walking over to him, he bent down a little bit and extended a hand to the boy. The frightened player looked up at Kanji in awe, the virtual sun dirrectly behind him, making it seem as if he himself were glowing. Grabbing hishand tightly, Kanji slowly pulled the boy to his feet. Turning around and walking away, he stopped once he got a few feet and looked over his shoulder at the player he had just rescued.

"Welcome, to The World."

And with that, he gated out.

~~
Kanji reappered at the chaos gate to Mac Anu, and was immediately swarmed by female players. They were all gigling and smiling, and surrounded Kanji like monsters in tthe fiield. Sighing lightly, he spoke to the ladies in his strong barritone voice.

"Like oh my gosh, are you really Kanjiii!!!!?!?!?"

"You're so cute, I can't see why they call you The Grim Reaper!"

"Why thank you ladies, I'm flattered really. But, in all actuality, I was just on my way out."

Before they could reply Kanji had gated to another area. That was why he despised going to Root Town's - somebody always wanted to talk. Now however, he was in a field, a level 12 area. He had been in a rush to get out of Mac Anu, so he wasn't exactly sure what words he had chosen. About 5 yards away from him however he spotted another well know player in The World, one he had wanted to meet for sometime - Blyz. She seemed intent, like she knew wherre she was going, so Kanji decided too follow her and see if he could spark up a conversation.

It was odd that the monsters didn't attack either of them as hey traversed both the field and the dungeon, but Kanji was really complaining. Stopping in the doorway to the room with the Beast Statue, he watched as Blyz did what he considered her best immitation of himself. Totally flipping the script on both the Pker and the PKKer, the latter of which was a friend of Kanji's, Bankai, The Grim Reaper clapped his hands and began to speak; his deep voice echoing throughout the chamber.

"Haha, I think you're starting to fall off Bankai. Why don't you let me handle this one?"

Last edited:

mesmerized

Cho's eyes widened as the PKKer threw his words of "judgment". PKKers really pissed her off for reason being that they were hypocritical bastards, but everyone knew that. She pulled out her twin blades, she was ready to make this guy eat his words. For no apparent as the he charged at her another player randomly hit him down. This upset her even more seeing as she didn't like when others fought her battle for her. Letting out a loud sigh she retracted her weapon. "Who the hell are you?"

Just as she spoke another person came in and spoke to the player who had just been knocked out of the air. "I guess he wants a go too huh? This should be interesting."

Last edited:

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
OOC: omg CaLeb calls me Tavi too.
IC: “Wow you really must be a loser. I never go on as high and mighty, but if you don’t know who I am, or at least recognize me, either you are a newb, or just pathetic.” Blyz said this to the player named Cho. “How can you now know about me. I was used to be the Sage Palace Emperor just a few months ago, but whatever.” She rolled her eyes, and lowered her scythe as another player showed up. She listened to the man talk. He looked more like a boy than a man, but the voice was so deep, it made her cringe. He had to be the Grip Reaper, not that she really cared, but his statement was a bit amusing to her ears.

She giggled, a sound that rarely was heard from her mouth. "Haha, I think you're starting to fall off Bankai. Why don't you let me handle this one?" Blyz turned around slowly, her wing making a creaking sound as she did so.

Her expression went back to one of annoyance and bemusement. “I take it from that statement that you think you can, but I really can assure you, that all that awaits such a foolish challenge is certain death.” The very notion made her almost smile. “Grim Reaper, or not, you most certainly can die, but are you here for another reason??”

Blyz started up at the Grip Reaper from a few feet away and waited for a response of some kind, from any three of the players in the area. Actually there were 4, but she ignored the one still hiding like an insect……

Last edited:

Every Heart

Here We Go Again
Laila seemed to stare at her blankly before muttering "whatever" and finally picking a word combination she had remembered from a forum post. "Clever Genius's Moon Raven" she muttered under her breath, however, she did save the girls suggestion and added it to her list of collected word combinations to privately check out for later.

She teleported and found a valley/mountain type of field with a simple "find the three fragments to get into the temple" type of area. Like it mattered. She had already been here before and had gotten the item. What Laila really wanted to do was simply chill out behind the temple in order to have some privacy, so she began to head in that direction.

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
Aro logged in to the game now taking on the title Kisuke. He wandered around Mac Anu aimlessly, not getting a lot of time in The World. He was still a newb, so he decided to walk aorund not wanting much field time. Not because of monsters, but because of PKers. He sat on a bridge and stared into the river.

"I gotta get in there sometime..." He muttered to himself, looking to the Chaos Gate.

xzer0x92

"Rengeki! Ghost Falcon!" Finishing off his bounty, ZER0 dematerialized his blades and continued to the beast statue. Kicking the chest, he obtained a level 50 scythe. Keeping it, he said, "I can sell this for a good price."

Walking up the stairs that lead out of the temple, ZER0 thought, "It's easy to get money these days. The prey has been weak lately." Stepping out, the player met barren scenery. Turning the corner, he ran into another player. Looking at her, he said, "Laila? You have a pretty nice bounty on your head."

Summoning his twin blades, ZER0 said, "If you're still bored, why don't we have a battle? I can use the reward money." Getting in his fighting stance, he waited for Laila's response.

Last edited:

Seigfreid

A Place of pure Evil & Choas Listening to the Boon
Bankai slowly got up from the ground and went over to pick up his Tyrant Scythe. He turned to Kanji with a smile. "Yeah your right. I admit she is stronger than me but you know me if I see a unfair fight my sense of justice kicks in, but you already know that Grim Reaper." He slowly folded his wings around him and turned to walk away. "This is your battle now. But if you need some extra help I won't be far away." He walked away then stopped. "Blyz don't call me a hypocrite. I only PKK those PKers that are pathetic enough to go after those weaker then themselves or those who like to fight 5 on 1." The energy between his wings started to flicker savagely."DON'T EVER CRITISIZE ME! The Tyrant Dragon King!" He put back his Tyrant Spine and continued walking.

Every Heart

Here We Go Again
Laila stood a little straighter, no longer leaning on the back wall of the temple. Staring at ZER0, she blinked once before leaning back against the temple wall once more. "Not interested." she said blankly. She wasn't in the mood to fight today, only to admire the pretty graphics of the mountains around the area.

Swag

Young King
Kanji shot a look over at Bankai as he exited the scene of the battle, although it most likely couldn't be seen behind his sunglasses. Bankai was a good player, and anyone who had the gaul to criticize him was just plain foolish. Reverting his invisible gaze back to Blyz, he responded to her as if his mind had just now processed her words from a few minutes prior.

"Actually, I didn't come here for a fight originally," he spoke as he traipsed just past her, stopping and staring into the watefalls behind the beast statue. "Originally, I came here to offer you this." Over his shoulder he flipped a small card, knowing she would instinctively catch it. On it was a seious looking grunty with sunglasses similar to Kanji's on his face. "The Twilight Catchers. I was hoping you'd join."

Silence fell for a moment, as Kanji stared off into space completely zoned out. If only one could know what was on the mind of The Grim Reaper at this very moment, so much may be revealed... Snapping out of it, Kanji picked is monologue back up as if he had never paused. "However, since you mentioned a fight I'd be more than happy to ablige you with one."

Drawing his scythe in his armored hand, he spun around amd held the blade inches from her throat. Iit was time to see if the rumors about her were true.

xzer0x92

Hearing her answer, ZER0 stood up straight and dematerialized his blades and said, "Alright. Mind if I just keep you company then?" Sitting down next to Laila, he stared up into the sky.

Thinking aloud, he said, "Why can't real life be like this? The everyday routine of school, homework, and back to school is boring. The only thing worth while is playing this game. Don't you think so Laila?"

Awards
ooc: I'm assuming that I can keep Zelkova as the leader of Moon Tree. If not, I'll edit in the morning-

-Area: Wise Moonflower Wind Party-

"Almost there..." said Zeitx as he ran through the open fields of the area. He was on his way to the now open temple, hoping to get a rare item. The field area was your basic Plains area with clear, sunny skys. It was a lvl 87 area, so Zeitx was naturally expecting a nice item as the reward. The Temple was now looming in the distance, its open doorway visible. After a few more moments of running, Zeitx's feet left the grassy plains and began running down the ancient stone stairs. Upon reaching the bottom of the stairs he opened the door to the treasure room. The Rare Hunter quickly ran over to the chest and kicked it open. Inside was a rare lvl 86 Bayonet: Matchlock Gun - Rarity 4. "Finally something worth the effort." Zeitx said to himself with a grin as he warped out.

-Mac Anu-

The large city of Mac Any was busy as ever. Noobs and veterans alike were running about, shopping, chatting, and trading. The iconic music that accompanied the city was quite calming during the chaos of peak gaming hours. Zeitx silently walked down the bustling streets of the Eternal City looking for a shop where he could unload all the items he got that day. His search for a shop was soon interrupted by a short mail from Moon Tree's Melo Grunty. {All Seven Counsel members please report to Moon Tree's @Home*mellow*} "Ah..crap...emergency meeting...this can't be good." Reluctantly, Zeitx ran back to the Chaos Gate and entered the key words: Setting Eternity's Night Moon.

-Area: Setting Eternity's Night Moon/Moon Tree @Home-

"There has been a rapid increase in the number of Pkers over the past few days. Something must be done to reduce these numbers." said Zelkova, guild leader of Moon Tree. "Zeitx's division alone can't handle the number of pks. For the time being...Division 5 leader Trina and Division 7 leader Yru, your Divisions will be assisting Zeitx.

"Pardon me Zelkova, but how can you expect my Division to help with suppressing Pks?" Trina said surprised. "We're already busy enough helping new players get used to The World. Plus, most of my Division is made up of Harvest Clerics. I may be a Lord Partizan, but that dosn't make my whole Division battle ready!"

"You'll just have to split your Division up then, send all the fighters you have...We need to take care of these Pks now." replied Zelkova in a calm manner.

"That really isn't needed Zelkova, Yru and I can handle the Pks. You should let Trina and her Division continue their work. Yru's Division is already in charge of looking over changes in Pk activity so he will be of more help." said Zeitx.

"Fine, for the next few days, Division 4 and 7 are in charge of suppressing the Pk number rise. From what Yru's Division has gathered...most Pk attacks are occuring in dungeons located on the Mac Anu server and Dol Dona server." Zelkova said as he looked at reports on a floating screen, "Please be aware that the Pk Cho has now been 'awarded' a spot on the list of Blacklisted Pks. She seems to be quite powerful for a lvl 50 player...Please be careful everyone." With that, the meeting was over and everyone exited the Counsel area.

"We'll take Dol Dona since most of my Division is centered there." Yru said as he and Zeitx walked towards the teleport device. "Fine, I'll take Mac Anu...be careful." Yru nodded and left for Dol Dona. 'Strange...what could cause such a large number of Pks to suddenly appear...' Shrugging the thought off, the Adept Rogue quickly sent a short mail to all of his Division Members; telling them to start searching Mac Anu's dungeons. He then left as well, going to the area called: Fading Love's Memoir, a Shrine type dungeon.

ooc: For fun I'll post mini temps for the Counsel members I introduce...If your a member in Moon Tree, feel free to introduce other counsel members if you like, just remember the ones I've already put in place.

Trina - Lord Partizan (lvl 78)
Dislikes: Pks, Hackers, and Kestrel
-Leader of Division 5: New Player Assistance
Majority of Division: Harvest Clerics

Yru - Steam Gunner (lvl 88)
Dislikes: Bad computers, Winter, and Hackers
-Leader of Division 7: Pk Activity Research
Majority of Division: Steam Gunners and Blade Brandiers

Last edited:

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sleif felt that he had spent to much time watching from the shadows and so decided to come out and join all of these players, to see if it was worth his time.

Scanning the players, Sleif knew exactly who these people were, but for a few! There was of course Blyz, he remembered this player from a few months ago, when she was a Sage Palace Emperor in the arena, until she was defeated.
Next was Bankai who was well known as the Tyrant Dragon King and of course, Kanji the Grim Reaper.

But the player known as Cho, he didn't have that much knowledge on this character, and so decided to find out.
"Which one of you four are the strongest?" Sleif said walking towards the group.

Every Heart

Here We Go Again
Laila shrugged. She didn't really care. "If you wish."

She watched him sit down and listened to him talk about how boring the real world was.

The real world...

She looked away. "I suppose." It was true. She liked this world more than the real world.

After a few minutes of somewhat uncomfortable silence, she started to walk away. "Bye Zero." she muttered. Maybe there was something to do in town, she thought as she warped out of the level from the platform by the temple, back to Del Dona.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back