• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Think Your School Rules Suck?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
haha me and this kid were beating the fuck out of the shithead in the hallway and the teacher saw us and said "ey lemme get in on this" and haha he helped us beat the shit out of this retard because he didnt give me $2000 bucks after class

The Enigmatic Man

The Power Cosmic Master
My high school was pretty strict about lateness. I remember they put in place a late-hall system where late students were sent to the detention room to wait out the rest of the period in silence. Apparently the public school system didn't have the authority to force kids to miss entire classes for being late so it was removed. Instead late students had to go to a specific room to get a pass to class. This was easily abused by the "cool" kids who liked to roam the halls and then stroll to class whenever they wanted. By my senior year they somehow reestablished the late-hall system and it's been there ever since I think.

My school desperately tried to initiate a war on baggy pants. First they tried enforcing a uniform policy which failed horribly. Everyone got letters in the mail saying students had to wear only collar shirts with khakis. I remember the first day of school so vividly that year. You would walk down the hallway and only see a handful of kids with the "mandatory" uniform on. It was rumored that unless your parents signed a paper opting out of wearing the uniforms, you would be suspended for wearing "normal" clothes. It didn't take long for the school to completely scrap the uniform idea since they couldn't mass suspend people. Then they tried pressing charges against anyone who exposed their underwear. They claimed it to be sexual harassment and told students they would be charged if they let their underwear show while walking around. That was my high school's lowest and most desperate point in my opinion.

I'll never forget one day I had an old knee injury acting up during gym so I decided to go to the nurse for an ice pack. When I approached the nurse to ask her where I had to sign out an ice pack she told me to pull up my pants. She then refused to offer me any assistance until I pulled up my pants. Never in my high school days did I ever let my pants show my boxers. My pants may have been on my hips but my shirt would always have me covered even if it slipped down. As a person who made sure to keep my pants at a moderate level, I found it unusual for someone to feel bothered by how low my pants were. She then pointed to a sign that said, "We do not have to help anyone who can't pull up their pants." I found it pretty disturbing that school nurses would decide when they will help students depending on whether or not their clothing was appropriate.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
My high school was almost the same as college. We had some rules, but not many. Sure we had to have shorts and skirts that came down so far and we couldn't wear clothes that advertised any alcohol. Tobacco was fine seeing as how there were already a good number of 18 year olds. But before that, my freshman year was a bit more strict. We had to wear our shirts tucked in. I had to use a belt to keep it that way, that's why I always wear my shirts tucked in with a belt now.

But the oldest of my little sisters went to a school that had rules almost exactly like those. Sometimes I saw police dragging someone off the campus for similar issues while dropping her off or picking her up.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
lol i went to a christian high school and even our rules weren't anywhere near this bad

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I never really understood why they get so anal about tardiness. The dress code I understand, and even the prohibiting of electronic devices makes sense, but the whole tardiness thing doesn't hinder anything for other students, and punishing students by not even letting them come to class (my high school was like that too) is really counter-productive.

Imho, I think that a number of these policies are created and enforced by insecure middle-aged administrators who feel like their state of power is threatened when teenagers half their age aren't afraid of them.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Well, at my sister's school it was actually the parents that went to jail for too many tardies. The way that the judges there saw it, "The parent is responsible for getting the child to school on time. When this is clearly not being done, the parent is to be sent to jail and the child to alternative school." Or something like that. I lost count of how many times my mom nearly got arrested because of at least one of her kids, myself excluded since I had already graduated.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Earlier today, I was wondering why we're trying to work on getting into space. Then I read this, two teenagers suspended for hugging, along with flying scorpions, tough-as-nails cannibals and advertisements inside private property we own.

I truly understand why now, I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Oh...god if i was in that school i would probably of gotten kicked out going by how many absences i had in my high school,think i had like over 60 in fresh man year.

My lateness were even worse as i sometimes came to school after my first three periods and ended up starting at lunch time.

Can't remember the other years but it was around half that i guess..also getting in trouble for hugging lol?Everyone hugged in my school hell even the teachers hugged the students at times.

It was still great i didn't get in trouble with how many absences and tardy's i had..besides you know failing the first three periods :I

Last edited:

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
Hugging is banned now? Because hugs are the source of all evil...

Can't say that I have any outrageous rules like that. The only rule that the kids in our school hate, is the rule that states after September they won't be allowed to wear school jumpers anymore and they have to wear blazers. I do feel kinda bad for that though, our whole school was given a poll on wearing blazers and since my year were about to leave school, we all voted yes. XD

And there was a school in the news a while back that was trying to ban girls from wearing skirts, apparently it's distracting. XD

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
Haha, wow. Jesus. These places sound ridiculous.

My high school is so awesome about this stuff. We have a pretty fair rule on clothing - we have what we call the "3 B's", or "No boobs, no bum, no belly", and most people are good about that. Granted, for the guys, we have a simple "No underwear showing" rule, but the teachers aren't exactly strict about enforcing it.

Other than that, the school is pretty lax about stuff; we're allowed to text if we aren't doing anything (spares, done homework/classwork, etc.), and we even have a Wi-Fi network, which is nice. Facebook is blocked across all networks, but there are ways around it, and I've actually shown some teachers how to bypass it, so I doubt most of them give a shit.

Anyways, yeah, my school is awesome. Go Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back