• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Three Musketeers World featured in V-Jump!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

micbeasty

In still definitely hoping to see Clarabelle in her villainous persona! I mean if they include the beagle boys ya gotta include her! And is it just me or are all the world names a little long compared to the rest? And Is there a chance we'll get more scans tomorrow of the next world since each issue features two?

Mr Yippie

Great idea. KH3D is the perfect chance to get in worlds based off movies with already shown Disney characters.

In all honesty I think it would've been better to go down this route with Merlin, but that'll probably happen.

I hope Notre Dame isn't the only out of the blue classic film.

TotemoOishii

Right. I mean, basically, the false premise of that argument is that it rests upon the notion that Disney was in the right in choosing to adapt that story to begin with. If they weren't willing to present a depiction of Pocahontas's life which was faithful to historical fact, why do it at all? They could have chosen any other number of harmless fairy tales (I mean, sure, Cinderella and Snow White were both desensitized for the sake of the audience, but they're already imaginary so who really cares?), but this was a matter of an actual person who went through a great deal of trauma, and it trivializes that fact to turn her into some sing-along Disney princess. It's like if they chose to put the story of an African slave to music and removed the most explicit depictions of the horrors a slave would be put through because it has to be "child friendly"; in the first place, it isn't a sensible premise for Disney to work with if they're aiming for a family film, and it would do great injustice to the memory of people who actually lived it, as well as their living descendents.

Well, Disney wasn't inaccurate so much if you read John Smith's account. It was John Smith who was inaccurate because, well, he was a lying, racist prick. Some of the things he said to the chief of the tribe while they were offering them food so they would survive the winter just made me facepalm. But like you said, I really question Disney's decision on adopting THAT text to a movie above anything else. The Native American tribes have fascinating stories and legends. They should have used something there instead of John Smith's self-promoting account.

whatpower

From what I've read in the first few pages from people, I wouldn't go as far as to say that "anything is possible/any world is possible" with the inclusion of the Three Musketeers. I'm pretty sure the reasoning for this world is that Nomura just wanted to push Donald and Goofy to somehow show up in this game in some way or another, and when you look at it that way it's not "surprising" and "out of this world" at all. Just saying.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It wouldn't have been hard for Nomura to include Donald and Goofy the same way he included them in BBS. By having them just in Yen Sid's tower and as summons(If summons return in this game).

The inclusion of the world was no what people were expecting, and it pushed further than what was seen in Birth by Sleep. This world is also random because of the fact we now have dream versions of Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Pete, as well as a new inclusion to Disney Castle, one that was only hinted in a painting before.

Because of this, it is "surprising" and creates the feeling that anything is possible for this game.

whatpower

But with BBS their minimal inclusion worked because it wasn't their story, it was TVA's. But it's like, if it's Sora's game, then Donald and Goofy HAVE to be there for more that just a few seconds of a few cutscenes. And I don't mind that, but I'm just saying that that's probably the main reasoning behind this world.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
yes now my phineas and ferb/halloweentown dreams can come true
I like Phineas and Ferb. Their antics never stop amusing me.

But with BBS their minimal inclusion worked because it wasn't their story, it was TVA's. But it's like, if it's Sora's game, then Donald and Goofy HAVE to be there for more that just a few seconds of a few cutscenes. And I don't mind that, but I'm just saying that that's probably the main reasoning behind this world.

And Dream Drop Distance isn't their story, it's Sora and Riku's. Donald and Goofy don't have to be there if Sora's the playable character. They could have just cut those two out whenever they please. They chose this world because it hadn't been done before which stuck with their new world policy, plus it's in a dream realm so it's not completely as random as it would be in the other realm.

whatpower

And Dream Drop Distance isn't their story, it's Sora and Riku's. Donald and Goofy don't have to be there if Sora's the playable character. They could have just cut those two out whenever they please. They chose this world because it hadn't been done before which stuck with their new world policy, plus it's in a dream realm so it's not completely as random as it would be in the other realm.

Yes but when has there been a game where there's Sora as the main guy but no Donald and Goofy? It seems like a rule that if it's Sora's game/story then D+G have to play a more prominent role. It's like an unbreakable trio, you can't have one of them without the other/s showing up if it's Sora's story.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I like Phineas and Ferb. Their antics never stop amusing me.

Donald and Goofy will always be around if Soras the main playable character, even if its only one world.

Yes but when has there been a game where there's Sora as the main guy but no Donald and Goofy? It seems like a rule that if it's Sora's game/story then D+G have to play a more prominent role. It's like an unbreakable trio, you can't have one of them without the other/s showing up if it's Sora's story.
^exactly.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
I've actually been wishing for a game where you have the option to play solo as Sora and Riku.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Donald and Goofy will always be around if Soras the main playable character, even if its only one world.

And because of this they decided to put in a whole world based on the Three Musketeers? That's the only reason? Not because it's a new world? Not because it's in the Realm of Sleep?

I'm pretty sure the reasoning for this world is that Nomura just wanted to push Donald and Goofy to somehow show up in this game in some way or another

You can't claim that the only reason this world is in the game is because they wanted Donald and Goofy to be following Sora around. These versions don't even know Sora. The world is in there because it's unexpected and because it's able to be put in without there being any oddities.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, YEEEEEESSSSSSS! THANK YOU SQUARE, THANK YOOOOOUUUU!
Ahem, I NEVER thought Square would have the balls to do this movie! It is literally my favorite Disney movie along with The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Pinocchio! God, it's like Square is fulfilling my hidden prayers in this wonderful masterpiece! I thought that they would have to put it in another game with Disney Castle, but this works too! All I need is some Lilo & Stitch (Hawaii) and confirmation of Pixar worlds by including Toy Story and this game will be a literal godsend for me!

whatpower

You can't claim that the only reason this world is in the game is because they wanted Donald and Goofy to be following Sora around. These versions don't even know Sora. The world is in there because it's unexpected and because it's able to be put in without there being any oddities.

My apologies, I should've been clearer with my words. I meant that from a storywriter's point of view that's the main reason for D+G's inclusion and the inclusion of the world as a whole. But speaking game-wise, ofcourse Nomura will have a good reason for them to be there plot-wise and whatnot.

blueheart

Bronze Member
UM cough*Chain of Memories*cough

Not with new interactions with new Disney characters. In Sora's case in COM, he just ran through the world, had a no-cutscene rehash of the story from that world in KH1. With Riku, there were no characters or story at all when he was in the card worlds.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
UM cough*Chain of Memories*cough
*Whiny voice"But da kard bttles wer so lamee"

COM was one of my favorite games for that reason, playing solo as Sora, I loved that Donald and Goofy were included in a non intrusive way.
TrinityMark-Spot.jpg

^Blank staring..so creepy.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
My apologies, I should've been clearer with my words. I meant that from a storywriter's point of view that's the main reason for D+G's inclusion and the inclusion of the world as a whole.
It still could have been written off as Donald and Goofy in the tower saying they want to travel and help Sora but Yen Sid denies them the pleasure saying it's a journey for Sora and Riku to take "alone", and then Donald and Goofy gave Sora some words of advice and probably an item or two.

But speaking game-wise, ofcourse Nomura will have a good reason for them to be there plot-wise and whatnot.
After Jiminy Cricket, Sora will understand that they don't know Sora and he will go along with it and we will all enjoy the plot.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
So, I just thought of something. In Re: Coded, Donald and Goofy went on an adventure with Data Sora. And even then it strengthened their friendship. Donald and Goofy were all like, "Sora's our friend anytime and anywhere." And Data Sora had felt like he'd been friends with Donald and Goofy before, and became really close to them.

It's gonna be the exact opposite in 3D. Hahaha. That's just great. It's nice to know that nothing will stop them from being friends. That nothing will stop them coming to each others' aid. Not time, not alternate realities, nothing. "All for one and one for all" indeed.

Well played Square. Well played. Now Sora's going to know where their promise originated. It ties everything up rather nicely.

Also, I just noted how much D+G looks like D+B (a shop in TWEWY). Ironic and fitting.

Shanna prays for a soon-ish release date for this game. It's going to pwn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back