• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Tokyo Ghoul

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Master_Aqua

I totally understand, I was disappointed knowing some scenes from the manga aren't in he anime (like I said before an awesome fight occurred in the manga between Kaneki and Ayato but it didn't really happen in the anime *sigh* but it's entertaining nonetheless.

Anagram

Banned
I totally understand, I was disappointed knowing some scenes from the manga aren't in he anime (like I said before an awesome fight occurred in the manga between Kaneki and Ayato but it didn't really happen in the anime *sigh* but it's entertaining nonetheless.
I watched that fight on youtube after getting that far in the manga. It was.....very disappointing that fight. I didn't mind the Kaneki-Jason fight though. A bit brief but okay.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
I still don't understand why it was decided to alter the story for Root A, the manga's story was brilliant enough. Sure it has Ken prancing around in a different outfit, but after episode four its started to annoy me a little.

Maybe I'm just peeved because it left out the fight between Tsukiyama and Naki , which is one of my favourite parts of the manga.

Anagram

Banned
I haven't gotten to Root A yet but how far does the anime deviate?

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Root A is an alternate route where Kaneki does something... well, entirely the opposite of one decision from the manga, from what I've heard. It's written by the author, though.

Anagram

Banned
So Root A-> Route Alternate? If the author is doing alternate routes for each then I'm curious to see what one where he didn't leave Anteiku would be like.

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
I completely caught up on the manga yesterday. Even Re. Now I am sad because I am not a patient person and manga chapters take time. I really wish Kaneki would remember who he is. It's driving me crazy he's got amnesia, meet Touka and Nishio but I also like the dork that Haise is. Conflicting.
I also think Urie will eventually turn into a ghoul. He keeps using his kagune and has already went over Haise's head to get it's limited upped.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Well done, welcome to the Up-to-date club!

I'm getting the feeling that something is going to happen pretty soon and Haise revert back to Kaneki, which I can't wait for tbh. But then again, Ken had a pretty much ruined state of mind at the end of TG while Haise is only struggling with his lost memories and Kaneki in his head.
Urie is definitely going to lose his shit, probably attack the rest of the Q's too. Hope he doesn't kill any of the other members, they're too likable to die.
I'm really looking forward to the next chapter, with Ayato being on his bodyguard job with Naki and whoever the other one was. Naki is second-favourite character, Kaneki being first.

Anagram

Banned
I think your right. It feels like there is some kind of build up going. Haise seems to snap whenever he uses his ghoul abilities. Do you think Urie will be a Quinke failure and turn into a ghoul?
I am looking forward to the next one as well. I hope all of the familiar faces gathering will make Haise remember. Seeing Nishio alone almost brought them back.

Anagram

Banned
On episode 7 now. I'm happy to see the flow of the episodes is straghtening out. I hope it stays that way instead of jumping around like it did in the second, third and fourth episodes.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Mmm, it is a bit jumpy for a little while. It gets better though, at least in my opinion, but it still doesn't do as good as the manga.

Anagram

Banned
New chapter is out. Had a quick Touka appearance <3. I wonder who she was visiting.

Anagram

Banned
Everything is certainly set up for a big event. Even Uta has reappeared quicker than I expected. I wonder if Haisai and his group are already inside.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
I wasn't even expecting Uta to show up until much later in the series and then the damn manga just throws him at me. Keep him away, he's evil.
I have a feeling Haise is nearby, along with Juuzuo. Maybe having Haise seeing Uta will trigger some more memories and send him into ghoul mode.
I wonder how Torso is going to react when he sees Mutsuki. Guess I'll just have to be patient and find out.

Anagram

Banned
I wasn't even expecting Uta to show up until much later in the series and then the damn manga just throws him at me. Keep him away, he's evil.
I have a feeling Haise is nearby, along with Juuzuo. Maybe having Haise seeing Uta will trigger some more memories and send him into ghoul mode.
I wonder how Torso is going to react when he sees Mutsuki. Guess I'll just have to be patient and find out.
Neither was I. Hope this means we get an answer as to why one of his clowns dropped the beams on Rize.
I hope it does. Not only Uta but Hinami, Ayato, several people that could trigger a nostalgia loop are there. I'm really impatient for him to remember. lol

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Finally got around to watching the first season. The ending was kind of disappointing tbh, lol. I watched the majority of it on one sitting so it's a bit of a blur of what happened episode to episode, but my over all felling was that it was okay. A lot of basic information was skimmed over and it definitely felt like an adaptation if you know what I mean. It just feels like there should be more information regarding how Ghouls function, their society, politics involving them, their relation to humans, etc. that should have been that should have been presented already but wasn't.

e.g., The Kagune and Rc Types were never really explained. These are things I briefly looked up at the Wiki to understand. I didn't even know the Kagune was an "organ", I assumed it was some sort of spirit...manifestation...thing.

I haven't gotten to the manga yet, but I'm planning the check it out after I catch up with season two.

Anagram

Banned
You would be better off reading the manga. The anime does leave a lot of information out. It can be disappointing to from manga to anime of TG actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back