• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Too many Kingdom hearts games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ximon

Being a long time Kingdom Hearts fan I sometimes wonder wether we would be of been better not having so many Kingdom Hearts games,I mean lets look how many Kingdom Hearts games we've had since the original Kingdom Hearts..

1)Kingdom hearts: Chain of memories
2) Kingdom hearts 2.

I suppose thats too many games but they are currently making..

"Birth by sleep(PSP)
Kingdom Hearts coded PSP?
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days(DS)
Kingdom hearts Mobile

That brings the grand total number of Kingdom hearts games up to 7, thats quite a few games however,to be fair most of other kingdom hearts are being released on the other consoles.

I would include KH3 in the list but there has been no confermed news that they making KH3.The Problem with making KH games(sequels,prequels) is that it will inviability become rather stale,perhaps it has already become stale with KH2,I've never played Chain of memories (don't hurt me!) so I can't comment on wether it started becoming stale,CoM was different from I've seen,it used a card based battle system.KH2 just involved bashing heartless with a keyblade,but you also bashed an Enermy called a "Nobody" you also fort human like Nobodies made up of a griup called Org 13.

Now its certain there is a good reason for releasing four other KH games,that reason being that Square and Disney know that KH sells,however all four games (currently being made) will probably give a clue as to what the plot of KH3 will be(I know its not being annouced yet but its an intelligent guess) Like Chain of memories,they will lead onto KH3 which will probably have you bash Heartless again and possibly a new enemy and then you fight the Disney villains and then finally a non Disney villain,just like KH1 and 2.

And now with the main bulk of the thread out of the way,my question(this is aimed at vets and alike) Do you feel that there are too many KH games now? and has the series become rather stale?

keep it civil please

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
I don't feel that there are too many right now. But after the fabled KH3 comes out I think the series should die. Because all of these new games are tying up loose ends on the main story which is all about Sora.

Archetype00x

Website
www.facebook.com
I agree with WtW. After Kingdom Hearts 3, I think the series should end; or, if they do intend to continue the story, they should do it in a separate series. Like a spiritual successor.

MarluxiaNo11

Awards
You forget about final fantasy?
In my opinion they could do a lot more with Kingdomhearts if they wanted to.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Currently the amount of titles is of a decent number.

But any more after KH3 would just be milking the series for what it's worth.
FF, Sonic and the fabled Mario series has shared that fate, and I hope that KH doesn't follow suit.

χΧχ

You should all know better.
As long as the Kingdom Hearts series makes money, SE will continue to pump out more games.
It's a business, duh.

Iridium

Awards
All good things must come to an end eventually, triple X

MarluxiaNo11

Awards
Yes, FF, Mario, Sonic, all of them seemed repetetive just as my commas were there, i apologise xD

Sora1915

Bronze Member
Im my opinion ther is no such thing as too many KH games ^_^ As long as they don't mess it up. I wouldn't mind if the story shifts to others after KH3, but I think they should continue it as long as possible. As long as it isn't too repetitve. Like Mario and such (even though i still buy them too >_>) Oh, and no I don't tthink its getting stale at all because there are way too many new things added in each game, new systems, worlds, enemies, etc. for it to be stale yet and none of the soon to be ones look like they will be stale either, in fact they may be the best ones yet. Its too unique a series to just go out like that, too...........

Iridium

Awards
Eventually however, steam will run out, ideas will fall flat or become short lived.
There are so many examples of this I am surprised you haven't realized that yet.

It's inevitable.

C

Colours

Nomura knows when to stop the time line
of the KH series, so I don't there were too many of them.~

AndyCloseEyes

Enjoying the fact that I'm better
Dude, Final Fantasy has 29 games, I think. And that's just the main series. This series will probably end with 7 (or 8, with Disney's KH Mobile).

they are currently making..
Kingdom hearts Mobile

Kingdom Hearts Mobile isn't a game. There'd still be 7 though if you're willing to count that crappy Disney game.

all three games (currently being made) will probably give a clue as to what the plot of KH3 will be(I know its not being annouced yet but its an intelligent guess)

Thaaaat was pretty much confirmed multiple times.

7PurePrincesses

Being a long time Kingdom Hearts fan I sometimes wonder wether we would be of been better not having so many Kingdom Hearts games,I mean lets look how many Kingdom Hearts games we've had since the original Kingdom Hearts..

1)Kingdom hearts: Chain of memories
2) Kingdom hearts 2.

I suppose thats too many games but they are currently making..

"Birth by sleep(PSP)
Kingdom Hearts coded PSP?
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days(DS)
Kingdom hearts Mobile

That brings the grand total number of Kingdom hearts games up to 7, thats quite a few games however,to be fair most of other kingdom hearts are being released on the other consoles.

I would include KH3 in the list but there has been no confermed news that they making KH3.The Problem with making KH games(sequels,prequels) is that it will inviability become rather stale,perhaps it has already become stale with KH2,I've never played Chain of memories (don't hurt me!) so I can't comment on wether it started becoming stale,CoM was different from I've seen,it used a card based battle system.KH2 just involved bashing heartless with a keyblade,but you also bashed an Enermy called a "Nobody" you also fort human like Nobodies made up of a griup called Org 13.

Now its certain there is a good reason for releasing four other KH games,that reason being that Square and Disney know that KH sells,however all four games (currently being made) will probably give a clue as to what the plot of KH3 will be(I know its not being annouced yet but its an intelligent guess) Like Chain of memories,they will lead onto KH3 which will probably have you bash Heartless again and possibly a new enemy and then you fight the Disney villains and then finally a non Disney villain,just like KH1 and 2.

And now with the main bulk of the thread out of the way,my question(this is aimed at vets and alike) Do you feel that there are too many KH games now? and has the series become rather stale?

keep it civil please

*Gasp* How could you even think that?

JK, but it might be a good idea to stop the series after the (possible) 3rd one. Although, I'd be devastated 0.o (Hey, I'm obsessive, can you blame me?)

But anyway, BbS, Kh1, Days, CoM, Kh2, Coded, (KH3) and stop. That would be a good place to stop.

Sorax3

I agree about KH3, it should be the last one. I just don't really see how you could end the story after releasing like 3 games. Also I just really hope its not going to be grinded into the ground like other good series. I want KH to end in peace not to end at Kingdom Hearts 12!!!!! DELUX EDITION!!!!!!!! sadly disney is known for doing things like this. :(

dickie619

it is true kingdom hearts will have to end eventually:thumbdown: but until then lets hope they give us a hell of a ride and im sure the final game will be the greatest one yet.

KaoriKix

Like you said, Square and Disney know that this series sells. Both being businesses, I'm willing to bet that they're going to do everything they can to milk the franchise until they're sure that it's completely dry. They don't care what happens to Sora in the end. As long as they get the money, they're happy.

But, to answer your questions, I don't think that there are too many yet. All of them sound promising, so it keeps me interested, at least. Now, if KH3 happens and it tells you to go back to all of the worlds (and some hidden ones, omg!) lock them, unlock them, and lock them again, then do a special, sooper dooper combo lock that will seal all of them for good (pfft) while the Nobodies and Heartless join forces to stop you, then I'd say it has become stale and a good place to stop.

I didn't find KH2 stale though. Even if it had the same idea as KH1, it sort of explained more about 'bashing Heartless', why you were doing it, what happened when you did it, etc. Plus, it opened up new avenues for Nomura to expand on. I like to compare it to the Lord of the Rings trilogy. You have the main story, which can be read alone and still enjoyed, and you also have back stories that you don't have to read, but it explains things in the main story.

So in summary... moar Keengdum Haats pls. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back