• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

top 3 reasons the future of KH will probably be less than expected

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riku/Sora-Rule

1: Hikaru Utada is most likely not gonna do anymore KH themes. Simple and Clean, and Sanctuary dragged me into the series, defiantly in my top 5 favorite songs

2: NO WAYNE ALLWINE! The mickey I grew up with recently passed away, though he was able to complete voice acting for 358/2 days, BBS, AND 3 AND FROM HERE ON OUT, WON'T BE THE SAME. I was able to get passed the fact that in RE:CoM Kairi was voiced by Alyson Stoner instead of hayden Panitteire, and Namine was voiced by Meghan Jette Martin instead of Brittany Snow. the voices were similar, and I believe it kept true to the originals. BUT RICHARD EPCAR WHO VOICED ANSMEM IN KH2 AND RE:CoM SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THERE, BILLY ZANE WAS PERFECT!

3: STUPID WORLDS. They can only go so far with story lines for the same worlds in each game, Olympus Coliseum has been amazing so far5,and they've yet to put in the ACTUAL story line from the movie. The manga series was closer. Pretty similar to Neverland, we never meet the lost boys, or Michael and John. The Indians, Mermaids, OR EVEN EXPLORE NEVERLAND, 358/2 days is close but not close enough. Deep Jungle also kept in pretty good time with the storyline of the movie, except for Tantar, the boat scene, and Kerchack living, yet people hate it. Once they run out of ideas for worlds used over and over again, they'll have to resort to stupid worlds. For instance James and the Giant Peach. Pretty good movie, but not so action filled for KH. WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT WOULD BE GOOD!

BONUS: FOR ME! they haven't yet added Goofy's son Max into the game. If his klutzy dad can fight with a shield, he could be fierce with a sword or something. The drama with him could be better, that whole hit in the head thing with goofy was epic in KH2, but he just popped up outta nowhere, completely unharmed, Max would at least be a little dazed, which is more believable. then go on and fight. Plus, he could be a major companion to sora being around his age.

Laz

KHI's Asz-Houl
reason 1 and two arent really good reasons.Utada can be replaced or they can just put the same song for all i care.Wayne allwyne,they can use computers and recordings to the voice or simply replace him>RIP wayne allwyne.3 reason isnt that good either.

Muse

you look atrocious
1. I don't think it'll really matter whether Utada does the KH theme anymore or not. It's not like she's an integral part of KH, she just sings the theme song. They can always find someone else who sounds similar enough.

2. They have voice actors trained so they sound just like him. With characters like Kairi and Ansem, it's enough that they sound similar enough. But with characters like Mickey or Donald who have a unique voice, they train people so they can imitate it near-perfectly without anyone ever noticing.

3. Well, I can't really argue with you there. :v The worlds in KHII were shit. I hope they dump Halloween Town and Atlantica in KH3. There's really no need for them to stick around anymore.

Muse

you look atrocious
Geez. Calm down. It's not like anyone attacked you or anything. :v

Just pointing out that what you said doesn't exactly mean that it would be less than expected.

Auron

Missing an eye
Apparently, people see you too much as it is

And none of this is less than expected

We all knew about this stuff

And that's why wev'e been talking about some of it for quite a while

And there will always be a Mickey voice out there somewhere

Auron

Missing an eye
There areabout 50 people in the world who can do Mickey's voice near-perfectly

And there are many other good Japanese singers than Utada

Muse

you look atrocious
Actually, that news isn't too recent. It's been known for what, weeks now?

Besides that, none of those really affect me too terribly. I'll still play it, even if Utada doesn't sing the opening and Mickey's VA has been replaced and the worlds are the same ones as they were before.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
1: Hikaru Utada is most likely not gonna do anymore KH themes. Simple and Clean, and Sanctuary dragged me into the series, defiantly in my top 5 favorite songs

Well, it's not really official yet since they haven't even started KH3, as far as I know. Maybe they'll offer her a bigger paycheck. But even if they don't, they can always find someone else to sing the new theme song. The songs are fantastic, certainly, but they're only played at the opening and ending of each game; they don't guarantee the quality of the rest of the content.

2: NO WAYNE ALLWINE! The mickey I grew up with recently passed away, though he was able to complete voice acting for 358/2 days, BBS, AND 3 AND FROM HERE ON OUT, WON'T BE THE SAME. I was able to get passed the fact that in RE:CoM Kairi was voiced by Alyson Stoner instead of hayden Panitteire, and Namine was voiced by Meghan Jette Martin instead of Brittany Snow. the voices were similar, and I believe it kept true to the originals. BUT RICHARD EPCAR WHO VOICED ANSMEM IN KH2 AND RE:CoM SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THERE, BILLY ZANE WAS PERFECT!

Yes, I'm very sad that Wayne Allwine passed away and will not be able to continue voicing Mickey Mouse. But he isn't the first person to do Mickey's voice, and I trust that Disney will do everything in its power to ensure that his successor lives up to the legacy. Keep in mind that Mr. Allwine didn't solely work on the Kingdom Hearts games; Mickey's voice is pretty much everywhere when it comes to Disney, so they're not going to mess around when it comes to a replacement.

3: STUPID WORLDS. They can only go so far with story lines for the same worlds in each game, Olympus Coliseum has been amazing so far5,and they've yet to put in the ACTUAL story line from the movie. The manga series was closer. Pretty similar to Neverland, we never meet the lost boys, or Michael and John. The Indians, Mermaids, OR EVEN EXPLORE NEVERLAND, 358/2 days is close but not close enough. Deep Jungle also kept in pretty good time with the storyline of the movie, except for Tantar, the boat scene, and Kerchack living, yet people hate it. Once they run out of ideas for worlds used over and over again, they'll have to resort to stupid worlds. For instance James and the Giant Peach. Pretty good movie, but not so action filled for KH. WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT WOULD BE GOOD!

I think we must have different tastes here, because I actually greatly prefer when they don't use the storyline from the movie. They did that with Pirates of the Caribbean and The Lion King, and to me, it felt like they rushed the plot and it was a little awkward transferring Sora into the story as well. PotC in particular is not a story that can be told quickly in five minutes, and when you try, you tend to end up leaving out important details. It also leaves the people who haven't seen those movies feeling confused. What's all this about Will Turner's father being a pirate? Why did Simba think he was responsible for his father's death? The game doesn't exactly go into detail about that. In direct contrast, when I first played Kingdom Hearts, I had never seen Alice in Wonderland or The Nightmare Before Christmas. But I was still able to enjoy those worlds because the storyline was related to the overall plot and I didn't need to see the movies to understand what was going on.

Kingdom Hearts is its own game with its own story, and I feel that the worlds should reflect that to make everything more unified within the plot structure.

BONUS: FOR ME! they haven't yet added Goofy's son Max into the game. If his klutzy dad can fight with a shield, he could be fierce with a sword or something. The drama with him could be better, that whole hit in the head thing with goofy was epic in KH2, but he just popped up outta nowhere, completely unharmed, Max would at least be a little dazed, which is more believable. then go on and fight. Plus, he could be a major companion to sora being around his age.

Actually, I'd really like to see Max too. It would be fun to see how he'd interact with Sora and how he reacted to his father's disappearance.

A

Azrael

1) She can be replaced. I fear that Gackt might be chosen considering how Nomura jizzes for that fag.

2) As far as we know, Mickey did not have any voiced cutscenes but I'm sure we will have an excellent substitute soon enough. Wayne was not the first Mickey and he will not be the last.

3) Give us old worlds and new worlds but at least give us original storylines or use villains from the television series like Mozenrath for Aladdin. I rather much fight him than Jafar again.

4) This is a seperate universe from KH and normal Disney. As far as we know, Max doesn't exist in KH. I wish his cool friend PJ was there to teach Sora how to skateboard.

Riku/Sora-Rule

never said I wouldn't play it, just to me it'll be less exciting, cuz I was hyped as hell to see what Utada's new song for KH2 would be. to me it's the soul of kingdom hearts if u will, every time I heard it, it makes me think of everything that happened or could happen. but I bet there will be a small distinction between the voice actors, I mean look at mickey through history

YES FOR MAX BEING IN THE GAME lol,

SRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST!

edit by Sir Jecht: Yeah just don't do it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back