• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tron

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Since Space Paranoids itself is a confirmed copy of the system and thus a world on its own, they are actually free to use that one without having to adhere to any preexisting movie or TV storyline, which mean that they could fully integrate it with the overaching plot.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ I forgot about the "kh2 tron is a copy of DDD tron" thing. That opens up all kinds of room. o_o
I wonder if space paranoids will take up a Uprising or Legacy look or keep it's classic tron look.

Tei

I once saw a video about TRON being in KH on Youtube but it was a bit short and was stupid.

Bobizzle

Since Space Paranoids itself is a confirmed copy of the system and thus a world on its own, they are actually free to use that one without having to adhere to any preexisting movie or TV storyline, which mean that they could fully integrate it with the overaching plot.

That's what confuses me though, does that mean that the Tron in both worlds are separate from each other? If so that seems redundant...

Gram

Banned
Awards
That's what confuses me though, does that mean that the Tron in both worlds are separate from each other? If so that seems redundant...

Technically speaking they should indeed be separate. Space Paranoids is a copy of the Grid which makes kh2 Tron younger than DDD Rinzler and Sora meet Tron first
On top of that the world that the Grid resides in has fallen into the Realm of Sleep, at the very least, since before kh2.

Yet somehow Sora gets Rinzler to remember him at the end which has always irked/bothered me as well.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Is Space Paranoids even a copy of the Grid? From what I understand, Flynn pretty much created the Grid(and the game, Space Paranoids, which itself isnt in KH).

Anyway, yes, I was surprised 8 years ago. But it made sense. Also like that the Grid was included, but that may have been more impressive to have in KH3 in HD.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Technically speaking they should indeed be separate. Space Paranoids is a copy of the Grid which makes kh2 Tron younger than DDD Rinzler and Sora meet Tron first
On top of that the world that the Grid resides in has fallen into the Realm of Sleep, at the very least, since before kh2.

Yet somehow Sora gets Rinzler to remember him at the end which has always irked/bothered me as well.

It's like copying any program or file actually. If the copies aren't synchronized either the copy or the original may be changed later on by someone (like Grid-Tron by CLU 2) but the other instance (Space Paranoids-Tron in Ansem the Wise's computer) will be unaffected.

Aren't you interpreting too much in there? The only thing Rinzler definitely remembers after Sora did something to his "heart" after their battle is that he actually is/was Tron once and that he fights for the users, that's why he suddenly takes CLU's blow for Sora, because Sora's a user. Reaching out with his hand for Sora is actually because he gets explicitly called "Tron" by him and remembers again who he truly is, he doesn't speak a word so if he specifically remembers Sora as a person/individual is not confirmed (and unlikely, because it is not the same Tron).
The dialogue also does not indicate anything towards Rinzler remembering Sora himself, but only his true self/identity:
DDD said:
Sora: Tron!

(Sora reaches out to him and Rinzler tries to grab his hand, but is too
late and falls. CLU watches his descent)

CLU: I'll deal with you later. I have to retrieve Rinzler.

(Quorra walks over to Sora, who is still staring down the hole in the floor)

Sora: He reached for my hand.

(Quorra gives a sympathetic look)

Sora: Tron is still in there.

Quorra: You and that key have a special power.

Even Sora himself states nothing about "Tron remembered/recognized me" but only that Tron remembered himself.
In overaching terms, this is another example showing off the powers of Sora's heart to connect with others which Quorra also points out.
The sheer fact that this Tron isn't the Tron Sora knows and yet he still manages to connect with him and reach his heart to make him come to his senses actually displays Sora's heart connection powers with more emphasis than a similar scene with the Tron he already knows would have.
Or as Ansem the Wise puts it: "He has touched countless hearts, he has
accepted them, and he has saved them."

While the main focus and emphasis lie within the many original characters directly tied to him, mainly Roxas, Naminé, Xion and Ven as well as Terra and Aqua to an extent, Grid-Tron serves as an example to the "countless hearts" Ansem speaks of that Sora touches (advertently or inadvertently) and saves wherever he goes.

Is Space Paranoids even a copy of the Grid? From what I understand, Flynn pretty much created the Grid(and the game, Space Paranoids, which itself isnt in KH).

Anyway, yes, I was surprised 8 years ago. But it made sense. Also like that the Grid was included, but that may have been more impressive to have in KH3 in HD.

"Space Paranoids" is the name of the system and thus the name of the world inside the Hollow Bastion computer frame.
It was stated in both KH 2 and DDD that Ansem the Wise acquired a copy of the original ENCOM system (meaning the first Tron Movie, dunno how it was called there, certainly not "The Grid") and installed it on his own computer.

This means the "Tron" in the Hollow Bastion computer world is not the same as from the movie Tron but a copy. "The Grid" from DDD however is the original data world as was explained by Xemnas. Considering Rinzler exists, as well as CLU 2 and Quorra, in that world everything that encompasses Tron: Evolution, Legacy etc. happened as in Tron-Universe canon apparently.
However, the copy Ansem the Wise purchased from the original system remained unaffected by all of that and the "Tron" from Space Paranoids leads a different life than the "original" one in the actual ENCOM system which later becomes "The Grid" (or whatever Kevin Flynn actually did, I didn't watch the movie).

Gram

Banned
Awards
^^^^^

Now makes much more sense.

images
I've fallen victim to over speculation, I haven't done that with kh in years.

morgancb35

I was a little surprised that they introduced tron. I'm glad they did it's easily one of my favorite locations in kh2

MegaCore5

Awards
I like the fact that we might be able to see tron again, but I would also like to know what happened to rinzler after he fell in DDD... In the original film if you fell off the ledge you were derezzed on the spot... But we did not see that so I wonder if he is still alive.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I like the fact that we might be able to see tron again, but I would also like to know what happened to rinzler after he fell in DDD... In the original film if you fell off the ledge you were derezzed on the spot... But we did not see that so I wonder if he is still alive.

CLU explicitly states that he needs to "retrieve Rinzler" in DDD, so he isn't fully out of the picture.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I actually liked Tron in KH2. It really felt like a real world inside a computer, which it is lol. Nomura was able to fit it into the style of KH, which I commend him of doing so. I hope to see more of it in future installments in some way, shape, or form.

MegaCore5

Awards
^ That has been bugging me since kh3d appeared. Xemnas remarked space paranoids is a copy of the Grid we see in DDD so then...how can rinzler remember sora if that particular version never meet him. ಠ__ಠ
You're right Rinzler never did meet sora before this, but he does recognize sora as a user and once Rinzler went back to his tron self he automatically defended sora because he knew he was a user!

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I actually liked Tron in KH2. It really felt like a real world inside a computer, which it is lol. Nomura was able to fit it into the style of KH, which I commend him of doing so. I hope to see more of it in future installments in some way, shape, or form.

I can Honestly put Tron's computer world (Datascape) as one of my top 3 worlds in KH2. I loved how all of the Keyblades took on the style of the world with that light over a gray backdrop.
For a computer world, I like to compare it to "bioluminescence."

kmorris2609

I was very surprised when I first learned that Tron was going to be included in the KH worlds. But I loved how well it worked with the Storyline. It's one of the best worlds, in my opinion.

Anthony12KH

Thats why Tron in KH2 and Tron in kH3D are my favorite worlds. I would like to see Terra in a Tron world mainly because when he summons his keyblade, it looks all like data.

MegaCore5

Awards
I was very surprised when I first learned that Tron was going to be included in the KH worlds. But I loved how well it worked with the Storyline. It's one of the best worlds, in my opinion.
I actually had never seen Tron until after I had played KH2. I'm so glad I watch it because even though it was slow it a little bit at first I was really enjoying the rest of the movie. This movie is pretty special because it was the first extensive use of cgi!

rufusisaghost

Hmm, I can't say I'm terribly surprised to be honest. I think it was a good decision, either way though. It has some fun elements and designs to add to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back