• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Umm... Anyone else notice this?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSnilloc

In the Days Cinematics, Xemnas has yellow eyes... You know instead of the orange eyes he has ALWAYS had. I was suspicious from the get-go, but I passed it off as me just seeing things. Besides, why would they change that? Anyways, I kept thinking the same thing until this one scene where you get a 10,000x zoom on Xemnas's face where you see his big norty yellow eyes.

Chances are that this may be old since the Japanese edition has been out for a while now and others may have noticed it, but why would they change that? Anyone else notice this?

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
scratch what I wrote before

Actually his eyes are very definitely yellow in Dream Drop Distance, and they're not the same shade they were in KH2 in the days cinematic either. I think it's just something they've done to make all the Xehanort's consistent.

Last edited:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Um, I can't speak for the Days cinematic, but in response to Draxem his eyes are still orange in DDD. It's not a dark orange no, but predominately orange, yes.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Um, I can't speak for the Days cinematic, but in response to Draxem his eyes are still orange in DDD. It's not a dark orange no, but predominately orange, yes.
They may still be trying to make the norts consistent. Doing so makes them all look like xehanorts as well as making Ansem the Wise look less like one. Such a color changes would unite several characters while further removing another one from the group to avoid confusion.

Two birds with one stone.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I haven't seen the Days cinematic yet but there are several color corrections here and there. Not only Xemnas's eyes, but Xion's eyes as well have been made a more purplish/violet to look more like Kairi's eye as opposed to the original Days where her eyes were identical to Sora and Roxas. Ansem SoD's skin color was made a tad bit lighter to look more like MX's. And this isn't really "new" but they went with the lighter hair model for Sora while in KH1 his hair was darker. There are probably a few other differences here and there but I take the Re:MIXs as being "more canon", if that makes any sense, since it's the updated version of previous games. It's up for debate how significant these changes are. Some probably relate to the plot somewhat while other are probably just cosmetic. Over all though, even the plot significant changes are minor imo. Xemnas having more yellowy eyes would more than likely just be to indicate more strongly that he's a 'Nort.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I hadn't actually noticed it to be honest, I was to distracted by actually hearing how Demyx's name is pronounced and the iffy sounding voices of some members. [coughxaldinanddemyx]

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I hadn't actually noticed it to be honest, I was to distracted by actually hearing how Demyx's name is pronounced and the iffy sounding voices of some members. [coughxaldinanddemyx]

Wait, what? How is it pronounced? I've been saying it like "Dem-ix" for years. Is it not said like that?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
It's like damn-mix (I hope it's close enough. English isn't my first language). I'm glad that mystery has finally been cleared... I used to pronounce it as dee-mix. And I think this was the first time I hear Xigbar's name pronounced, too.

Now that leaves only Luxord. I doubt there's anything special since the Japanese kana indicates that that's how you pronounce it... unlike mar-loo-sha.

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
It's like damn-mix (I hope it's close enough. English isn't my first language). I'm glad that mystery has finally been cleared... I used to pronounce it as dee-mix. And I think this was the first time I hear Xigbar's name pronounced, too.

Now that leaves only Luxord, but I doubt there's anything special.

So, like "Day-mix"? That's actually not that bad. I just hate when I pronounce a character's name only to found out that the actual pronunciation sounds completely stupid. Like when I was really little and into Bionicles and I used to pronounce the characters Lewa and Kopaka as "Loowa" and "Ko-pake-a" only to find out that it was actually "Leewa" and "Ko-pock-a".

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Somewhat like that, yeah, but with the y dropped. Like dae-mix.

Haha, gosh, I'm that horrible at describing pronunciations, ain't I...

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
That's actually a fairly clear way of describing it. Problem is few words in America sound like that so it takes getting used to.

I never heard such a thing until picking up Phillip Pullman's Dark Materials trilogy, which frequently uses the word "Daemon"

Gram

Banned
Awards
Wait, what? How is it pronounced? I've been saying it like "Dem-ix" for years. Is it not said like that?

It sounded as if Roxas said it as "Dem-x" or "Dem-ix". The y is practically silent.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
what the f*ck happened to xaldins voice

Forgot to take his lozenges, it seems. It kind of made me like "whut?" because I remember he sounded perfectly like a sir (dat British accent!) in BbS as Dilan. But oh well, at least there's only one scene in which he spoke.

teatimed

If they have changed it i think it would be so that all forms of Xehanort have consistently yellow eyes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back