• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vanitas' voice

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows

fantasy08

I just got though watching this anime called Monster and one of the main characters, Johan, sounds just like Vanitas to me.

YouTube - Johann Liebert Clip. Sorry I couldn't find a shorter one, and also forgive me for the first two seconds lol

Last edited:

TwilightSorku

i don't think Vanitas identity matters since he is a new character i think it matters what he does so pay attention to that it would also mean it doesn;t mater who the voice actor is not that we won't like them it just is irelevant

HOWEVER if nomura said some valuble things about Vanitas then i don't know them

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
-_- I think if Miyu Irino was the voice of Vanitas, it would actually make some weird connections to KH1. (as well as weird theories)

If you think about it, SoD did talk to Sora the day before the island was taken by the Darkness ("One who knows nothing can understand nothing." and all that jazz) and we all know that Riku was suppose to be the wielder of the Keyblade. Obviously Riku wasn't suppose to choose the Darkness, but he did and the Keyblade went to Sora. But what if Sora was suppose to be the one who called the Darkness to DI?

It would also make a strange connection to the non-canon encounter with Lingering Sentiment. LS confused Sora with Xehanort (Even though he obviously looks nothing like Xehanort, MX or anybody otherwise) and said Sora wasn't the one he chose. The closest person to MX was Vanitas who would obviously have the same aura or "scent" as MX. So how did LS get confuse Sora with Xehanort? (Yeah, because the person he chose didn't have the keyblade which sent him into a blind rage and the strongest feelings that appeared were LS's hatred of "Xehanort" and Sora was there to direct that rage on) Maybe there is another reason.

But that is just the stuff that came to mind. None of it is really logical and can be laughed at.-goes to dip brain into a vat of acid so she won't have to attend classes tomorrow-

EDIT: I forgot to include the rest of my thought.

Last edited:

TwilightSorku

-_- I think if Miyu Irino was the voice of Vanitas, it would actually make some weird connections to KH1. (as well as weird theories)

If you think about it, SoD did talk to Sora the day before the island was taken by the Darkness ("One who knows nothing can understand nothing." and all that jazz) and we all know that Riku was suppose to be the wielder of the Keyblade. Obviously Riku wasn't suppose to choose the Darkness, but he did and the Keyblade went to Sora. But what if Sora was suppose to be the one who called the Darkness to DI?

It would also make a strange connection to the non-canon encounter with Lingering Sentiment. LS confused Sora with Xehanort (Even though he obviously looks nothing like Xehanort, MX or anybody otherwise) and said Sora wasn't the one he chose. The closest person to MX was Vanitas who would obviously have the same aura or "scent" as MX. So how did LS get confuse Sora with Xehanort? (Yeah, because the person he chose didn't have the keyblade which sent him into a blind rage and the strongest feelings that appeared were LS's hatred of "Xehanort" and Sora was there to direct that rage on) Maybe there is another reason.

But that is just the stuff that came to mind. None of it is really logical and can be laughed at.-goes to dip brain into a vat of acid so she won't have to attend classes tomorrow-

EDIT: I forgot to include the rest of my thought.

The thing about haveing Keyblades and everything was said by nomura that it will be explained in BbS the meaning of having a Keyblade which would meaning the blade that was soppose to go to Riku that went to Sora would make total sense after BbS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The thing about haveing Keyblades and everything was said by nomura that it will be explained in BbS the meaning of having a Keyblade which would meaning the blade that was soppose to go to Riku that went to Sora would make total sense after BbS

I know that. But saying it will be answered in BBS doesn't explain it now. That is why people have theories. Is it a crime to theorize? And I already know that Terra chose Riku or something close to that extent (or it s what we guess), but I'm talking about the connection between Ven, Vanitas, and Sora, And in extension, Riku and Xehanort.

(This is one big Idea Web) This was my brain flow.

Vanitas has Sora's seiyuu, Miyu Irino. It has been shown in this series that there are no coincidences when people voice characters. i.e. Kairi and Xion. Vanitas is MX's apprentice. Ven is connected to Sora and Roxas.

If Vanitas has Sora's voice, he is obviously connected to Sora as well. Ven and Vanitas are connected as well. Master Xehanort is connected to both boys. Seeker of Darkness is Xehanort the Apprentice's Heartless. Xehanort obviously is connected to Master Xehanort. SoD talks to Sora on DI which obviously establishes their connection to each other. Riku is connected to Terra who is connected to MX. Riku falls to darkness and is used by SoD. Riku was supposed to have the Keyblade, but Sora does.

Skipping to KH2, non-canon wise: Sora meets LS, LS says Sora is not the one he chose. Enters rage, confuses Sora with Xehanort then fights. Which led me back to Vanitas. Vanitas was the closest person to Master Xehanort (who not by coincidence has Sora's voice).

Of course none of it makes sense but that is why t is idea webbing.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
Just to say, a bit of his the small soundbit from Vanitas in the video sounds outrageously familiar to me... It doesn't sound like Syaoran... more like... Yagami Light, Death Note. Not the one everyone always talks about, but rather back towards the beginning when Light's just coming into his newfound ability and shit... I dunno, it sounds like him and I can feel that same feeling I got from him talking.

It doesn't strike me as Syaoran, nor as Sora. I don't see the similarity whatsoever, but the voice sounds familiar to me, and I haven't watched many Anime in Japanese. D:

GOSH. Even listen to him here.

It's Riku's VA.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Just to say, a bit of his the small soundbit from Vanitas in the video sounds outrageously familiar to me... It doesn't sound like Syaoran... more like... Yagami Light, Death Note. Not the one everyone always talks about, but rather back towards the beginning when Light's just coming into his newfound ability and shit... I dunno, it sounds like him and I can feel that same feeling I got from him talking.

It doesn't strike me as Syaoran, nor as Sora. I don't see the similarity whatsoever, but the voice sounds familiar to me, and I haven't watched many Anime in Japanese. D:

GOSH. Even listen to him here.

It's Riku's VA.

It isn't. There is a part when Vanitas is talking in the video where you can clearly hear Miyu's voice like it would sound like Sora's. It's at 3:22

Now compare to the opening of KH2.

Yes, Riku is similar, but it isn't his voice. It is Miyu's.

(lol tidbit but both of them come from the same acting company.)

Last edited:

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
It isn't. There is a part when Vanitas is talking in the video where you can clearly hear Miyu's voice like it would sound like Sora's. It's at 3:22
Sounds more like Riku in the vid I put up there at 1:15. The way they pronounce syllables is remarkably similar.

The intonations seem too different for it to be the same person saying it.

Yes, Riku is similar, but it isn't his voice. It is Miyu's.

(lol tidbit but both of them come from the same acting company.)
I could say the same of Sora being similar, though it's Riku.

Everyone has a distinct way of speaking which is incredibly difficult (read: impossible) to mask, no matter your voice acting talent. You can change pitch, tone, but that underlying concept remains there. Riku and Vanitas share it. Sora really doesn't. You're comparing a single syllable between the two of them.

Aside from simply the voice, IF Nomura were to reuse a Voice Actor for a character, it would make sense he'd use the VA of a character closely related (Ven+Roxas, for example), rather than just someone he feels like using. It can be easily argued that Vanitas and Ventus seem to share a sort of friendly rivalry through what we've seen so far. Sora and Roxas barely know each other, however Riku and Sora share a very similar relationship. We know Ventus is connected to Sora. Vanitas stands like, dresses like (Dark Suit), and even carries himself like Riku. Using Sora's VA would be illogical.

Riku: 2
Sora: 0

:\

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sounds more like Riku in the vid I put up there at 1:15. The way they pronounce syllables is remarkably similar.

The intonations seem too different for it to be the same person saying it.

I could say the same of Sora being similar, though it's Riku.

Everyone has a distinct way of speaking which is incredibly difficult (read: impossible) to mask, no matter your voice acting talent. You can change pitch, tone, but that underlying concept remains there. Riku and Vanitas share it. Sora really doesn't. You're comparing a single syllable between the two of them.

Aside from simply the voice, IF Nomura were to reuse a Voice Actor for a character, it would make sense he'd use the VA of a character closely related (Ven+Roxas, for example), rather than just someone he feels like using. It can be easily argued that Vanitas and Ventus seem to share a sort of friendly rivalry through what we've seen so far. Sora and Roxas barely know each other, however Riku and Sora share a very similar relationship. We know Ventus is connected to Sora. Vanitas stands like, dresses like (Dark Suit), and even carries himself like Riku. Using Sora's VA would be illogical.

Riku: 2
Sora: 0

:\

-shrugs- The intonation sounds like Sora's to me. I can't argue over the sound one hears through their ear and how it is processed, but Riku's VA has a distinguishable accent no matter what voice he does. So does Sora's VA. Vanitas' voice is closer to Sora's VA than Riku's.

Nomura did say it would be a shock. Riku's VA would hardly be a shock to me. Sora's...now that is a bigger shock.

Connections account for something but we don't know how far they reach. Yes, Vanitas and Riku share the same style of fighting, clothing, and mannerisms, but that is all they share so far (since we can't prove who his VA is.) We have no clue what Vanitas looks like and what events happen during the course of the game.

I still think it is Irino. (since I pretty much obsess over Miyano and every role he plays so I know his voice and Vanitas definitely isn't him)

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
*shrugs* I'm no expert on it, so I'll say I think it's Riku's VA (we only got a small sampling of it, which I feel could go either way), but meh. No reason to debate, as you said, over something we both are hearing differently. xD

I agree Sora's VA would be much more of a shock, though I can't see a connection between Vanitas and Sora going any farther than that. I could see, from a development standpoint, Nomura bringing Sora's VA into this, since he had just about nothing to do with Days whereas Riku was all over that. All's fair in Kingdom Hearts. :O

As for definitive answers, we'll just have to wait and see. =X

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
*shrugs* I'm no expert on it, so I'll say I think it's Riku's VA (we only got a small sampling of it, which I feel could go either way), but meh. No reason to debate, as you said, over something we both are hearing differently. xD

I agree Sora's VA would be much more of a shock, though I can't see a connection between Vanitas and Sora going any farther than that. I could see, from a development standpoint, Nomura bringing Sora's VA into this, since he had just about nothing to do with Days whereas Riku was all over that. All's fair in Kingdom Hearts. :O

As for definitive answers, we'll just have to wait and see. =X

Lol It's SE's fault for only giving us 10+ seconds of his voice.

I'm sure there would be some strange twist to make it work if it did happen. Like Sora is actually a clone of Vanitas or there is actually a replica program and Vanitas, Sora, and Riku are all byproducts of it (which is how the Replica Project starts in CoM/358/2 Days) or some crazy stuff only Nomura and his team would pull from their minds.

I'm a big Riku fan so I am wishing Vanitas looks like him but I have this strong feeling it won't be.

H

Heolstor

I don't think this whole thing will end up being about replicas. Maybe a replica or two will pop up, but we still have the keyblade wars and such to get into.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't think this whole thing will end up being about replicas. Maybe a replica or two will pop up, but we still have the keyblade wars and such to get into.

Yeah, but there seems to be a big theme on the "another" of a person. The Nobodies are just another form of their Somebodies. Then if you take the Heartless in consideration, they are also another form of the Somebody. Two halfs of the same person. Then there is Namine who is made from Sora and Kairi, but is Kairi's Nobody (despite being barely anything at all) Then replicas were added into the story with Repliku and Xion. They are identical to the person but different factors change who they become (Repliku didn't want to be a Riku Clone, he wanted to be Riku or even his own person), and now we have more people added. Master Xehanort and Terra who share some similarities with Xehanort the Apprentice, Ven who looks exactly like Roxas, and Vanitas who we still have no idea about (but figure he has some connection to Riku (and possibly Sora)).

It won't be about replicas or anything but it will involve the idea of a person in different forms. It won't be the most important thing but it is one of the elements that forms KH's story. (At least now since 358/2 Days added the Xion factor in)

Grey

Does this mean this Haley Joel will come back to voice Vanitas?

Maybe, maybe not. It's rumored that Jesse will come back to voice Ven in BbS, but that's also because Ven and Roxas look very alike. It makes sense for twins to have similar voices--hence, Jesse voicing Roxas and Ven.

EDIT: Not saying Ven and Roxas are twins, I'm saying that, in real life, twins usually have similar voices. Ven and Roxas are essentially twins because they have the same body structures and look exactly alike--despite the fact that the two are not canonically twins.

But unless something is revealed and Vanitas is really Sora or something, there isn't much reason for Haley to voice Vanitas. If they looked the same, and Vanitas and Sora had the same Japanese VA for a specific reason (because the two were connected), it'd be more likely that Haley would voice Vanitas--but since there isn't any indication that Vanitas = Sora, it's up in the air on whether Haley will voice Vanitas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back