• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ventus (Demo Reel)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

CGNET

[video=youtube;JCEB6hCYcIU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCEB6hCYcIU[/video]​

I really wanted to share this video with you guys and since it's Birth by Sleep related, I thought it would be alright to share in this section. If not I apologize, but we are only human and we are fans, so what better way to connect?

Anyway, this is a demo reel, in which I voice as Ventus. I just wanted some quick feedback. Overall, video footage doesn't contain spoilers, but some of the audio could contain some spoiler content.

Last edited:

CGNET

╬ProperArtist╬;5283600 said:
Sounds pretty nice overall.
There are parts of the recording that actually sound exactly like Jesse McCarthy.

Thanks so much. =)

Honestly, it annoys me to no end when you do this dude. To noooo ennnnnd.
*facepalm*

...Still, you're without a doubt the best fandub/impersonation of Roxas/Ventus I've heard.

You know what annoys me? How fans can't share their work without it annoying someone. This is a fan-site. They wouldn't exist without us. So, let me ask how it's so annoying for me sharing work that I made from the same series that everyone loves? If people don't share their own creativity and create something unique than it's boring, which is why I created the fandub production. To have myself and members heard in the community. There are so many talented fans. Does everything have to be official? ...Or do we have to talk about the same stuff everyday about how the secret ending is going, leveling up, Terra and Xehanort and etc over and over, which eventually get covered by the whole community as soon as the game releases?

Thanks for your final comment, even though it annoyed you.

Jakek9

Wow, I personally like it. Sounds really good, has a touch of uniqueness with your voice while sounding like Jesse's all in the same boat.

Lonelyness21

Awards
1) You did a really good job with this, my only concern is the microphone, but of course that has nothing to do with your voice, just saying that it would have been a lot better with a mic of better quality, but your voice was very good either way.

2) Finally someone else from KHI that loves VA/Fandubing!

3) Fandub Production you say? -Immediately Interested-

CGNET

1) You did a really good job with this, my only concern is the microphone, but of course that has nothing to do with your voice, just saying that it would have been a lot better with a mic of better quality, but your voice was very good either way.

2) Finally someone else from KHI that loves VA/Fandubing!

3) Fandub Production you say? -Immediately Interested-

1. Thanks. You are right about the mic. It would be nice if I got a better one. Haha
3. Yes, I worked on the KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep fandub production. It was funning for a year before BBS released in North America. My team and I dubbed every requested scene from the game by fans and we did all the Japanese trailers as soon as it was released. I hired a translator and worked with other websites. The videos came across my website (KH-Recharged) and KH-Vids (where I'm a reporter) and became very successful. Heart Station and KH13 also helped us with the very begging stages. I casted many people from KHV, and some selected sites. Overall, the production ended nicely with roughly 170,000 view for all the videos combined in this production.

Our last final big trailer was made by me altogether. I spent time in my tv class making an exclusive trailer for North America months back. YouTube - [KHV & KHR] KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep Fandub Production (English Promotion)

Anyway, yea. I love it and the fun part about it...is I really made some members dreams come true and in the end of the day, that's all that matters. I even met some of my cast in person and it was a lot of fun. I'm getting ideas on my next produciton and talking to some website in regards to their interest for it. Who knows, KHI might be interested, but that's all up to them. I would love you guys to join, because I've heard some stuff from these forums. =)

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
Hey, you pulled it off. You should get like, three cookies for that. XD

Fandub production, eh?

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
Of coarse. I didn't quite have a mic, but now I do.

I'm too late, but gag dubs exist.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
No offense, but I don't think you sound like Ventus like spot-on, but still, this is pretty good.

I'd say this is better than the one Ventus fandub I saw, when Marluxia was suddenly thrown in... oh god

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, you are one of the better Ventus fandubbers out there. The demo was a lot better than when you dubbed one of those earlier trailers. Overall, it wasn't bad, Though I would have wished for you to dub over actual parts rather than it being random scenes, but that was okay.

I think the only thing that bothered me was your gasps and yawns. Things that aren't voice.

I usually get irritated by fandubs because a lot of them are bad, or they are using bad mics. But you did good :D Keep doing work and i'll put you up there with a level of respect like the greats of YT. XD

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
very good job
do you like voice acting, is that somthing you want to do later in life when you get older?
i heard you in newkids kh2 parody you did a good job it was so awesome i hope to see you on that show again
[video=youtube;hlEZ3CWCKyA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlEZ3CWCKyA[/video]

Hans4

very nice job =D it sounded really good...and do i detect a Brooklyn accent in there...?

CGNET

very good job
do you like voice acting, is that somthing you want to do later in life when you get older?
i heard you in newkids kh2 parody you did a good job it was so awesome i hope to see you on that show again
[video=youtube;hlEZ3CWCKyA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlEZ3CWCKyA[/video]

So you noticed? xD
Yes, I was in his video and thanks so much. We talked about our plans for our next couple of videos when him and I met in person, which you can find on the same channel as that Ventus demo reel.

very nice job =D it sounded really good...and do i detect a Brooklyn accent in there...?

Haha
I guess you noticed the accent, but it wasn't Brooklyn. Close, but not exact.
I was born in the Bronx, so that was what you most likely heard.

Sempied

I'm going to try to say this with hopefully not sounding like a jerk.

When I first heard your Ventus, and saw that it was said you were close to McCartney I listened to your fandubs, and felt almost if not the entire opposite of that.

Now that I've gotten rid of the negative point: I really like this one, it close to Jesse, and has very nice effort from what what I usually hear of a fandub. Overall great job, and i'm actually happy to have my original thoughts contradict me for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back