• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► WAS IT A DREAM OR WAS IT REAL?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down
This was pretty freaking Scary.

I see myself in my room and can't seem to move. I feel paralyzed and can barely move my eyes. Suddenly I see a strange creature on my stomach, a devilish shape. My heart beings to pound and uselessly try to scream. My body is floating up form my bed and I can see the tv (Jay Leno was on). I try moving my fingers and toes and slowly I am able to move. I wake up and I'm on my bed with the television on. I get out of my bed and try to refresh and comprehend what just happened. Was it a dream or did it really happen?

I did some searching and I found out what happened to me. My mind or consciousness woke up before my body did. Since we're are paralyze while sleeping, I wasn't able to move because my body was in REM sleep, the paralytic stage of sleep. The demon creature was a hallucination and looked so real. I have never been this scared in my life. I thought I was going to die.

I thought I was the only one who experienced this. It happened around the end of the school year and reoccurred three times. Damn it, must be the stress from FiNALS. Now I'm in a quarter school year(instead of semester), it's happening quite frequently, I need some help/techniques on how to reduce my stress.
Sleep paralysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Re: WAS IT A DREAM< OR WAS IT REAL?

I've heard that people usually grow out of it, so that's something.

afrobutt

Silver Member

the spirit of one you have wronged is haunting you, and attempting to drive you into insanity through Jay Leno

tough luck bro

Firo

Oh Crap

Try meditation before you go to bed. Or find an activity you can do daily that helps relieve your stress. No not masturbating. If all else fails take a deep breath or something and take things slowly. Don't let yourself be overwhelmed. Just relax. I know it's easier said than done, but just work at it.

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down

Try meditation before you go to bed. Or find an activity you can do daily that helps relieve your stress. No not masturbating. If all else fails take a deep breath or something and take things slowly. Don't let yourself be overwhelmed. Just relax. I know it's easier said than done, but just work at it.

Maybe I should try meditating. I remember i had to once in class and the headache I had that day went away(Althoguh it came back once I stopped meditating).
Lol masturbation on your mind lately?

too much tv perhaps?
no, too much schoolwork.

Firo

Oh Crap

Yes try meditating before bed. It relaxes you and helps you get tired.

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down

Yes try meditating before bed. It relaxes you and helps you get tired.

It doesn't help me get tired. It helps me feel relaxed and focus. My mom meditates sometimes at 5 in the morning or before she goes to work.

Firo

Oh Crap

It doesn't help me get tired. It helps me feel relaxed and focus. My mom meditates sometimes at 5 in the morning or before she goes to work.

Well whatever works right?
What method do you use?

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down

don't really have a method. I just use simple breathing techniques.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!

Something like that happened to me once...twice...three times tops. It just went away after a while but it happened mostly when I was sick or under extreme stress.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards

It's just a simple nightmare combined with sleep paralysis; it's a common occurrence. I've been known to do it on command actually, the paralysis anyway. The best thing you can do is a get a good nights sleep IE pack it in early.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar

Wow...I never experience this stuff. My dreams are always absolutely strange, involving the things I'd least expect, with people I know, sometimes people I've seen but don't know, sometimes a stranger I saw 2 weeks ago in a crowd, and right before the climax of the plot I either wake-up, or the dream immediately switches to something else. People often die.

Um, but anyway, I don't know much about this but to release stress I'd just say take a warm bath before bed or something, drink some green-tea, do some stretching exercises, listen to relaxing music, eat filling food, go to bed early, etc.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards

Damn that's pretty fucking scary. Glad that has yet to happen to me. Good luck resolving this issue.

DrBanxon

Styles Upon Styles

Sometimes I'll get a horrible stomach ache in the middle of my sleep and my dreams will turn into dancing foods with little faces on them >.<
But this, yeah it was probably a dream. Not real :D

Gatorade

Naturally, we called it Gatorade

Were you high? Believe it or not, that is a serious question. That sounds like a drug-trip to me. Kinda freaky.

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down

Were you high? Believe it or not, that is a serious question. That sounds like a drug-trip to me. Kinda freaky.

No, if you read the info on my link, it describes what I have. It used to only happen every other year, but now it has happened three times in the past 10 months.

Last edited:

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards

My body is floating up from my bed and I can see the tv (Jay Leno was on).

Sorry, but this part was so funny

But, yeah, try to calm down before you go to sleep so you won't be so stressed

Gatorade

Naturally, we called it Gatorade

No, if you read the info on my link, it describes what I have. It used to only happen every other year, but now it has happened three times in the past 10 months.
Ohh okay my bad. I haven't looked at the link yet, I will go now. But try not to eat chocolate before you go to bed. As far as I know, that gives you nightmares.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards

Being cold contributes to nightmares as well, though sleep paralysis is his issue. And it sounds like he's having out of body experiences as well, which seems unlikely, but hey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back