• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are your thoughts on the game so far?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
I am really enjoying it so far! My game has a problem with crashing every so often (probably where I am forced to use an APK file until Square patches the app), and it can get kind of repetitive, but its addicting and fun for the most part. I am not a fan of the micro transactions either, but at least they aren't forcing you to use them to progress (at least not yet). I need to get to work on getting some better medals and leveling up my keyblades. I definitely feel like this game is going to occupy my free time for quite a while.

ItzAPILLOWPET

I'm loving the game. Wish they would take some tips from One Piece Treasure Cruise. The raids and grinding in that game are damn good. They also constantly have an event up,not sure if that is how this game will be but it would certainly be nice.

Last edited:

EchoFringe49

i know the mission count is more than 200 in the Japanese version but does the lvl cap go any higher than that?

SebTH1

made an account to comment here.

In short my feelings are.. mixed.

Yeah, I know its a mobile game, yeah the PC version and this are different and the PC is going away.

But, I have one rather large complaint, and it makes it hard for me to trudge through this game.

Padding. I. Hate. Padding.

That entire Gummi Mission, was worthless and pointless to prolong.
Im now in the 130's and decided to look up how many quests are in the game, to see how deep this goes?
400. 400 quests.. with TONS of padding 6 part+ missions

like I said, im only so far in, but My god.. only like, 2 things have been connected to the main plot it seems.
I dont like that. I find it difficult to open the game now, and find the desire to continue, knowing how far this game can go and how bad the padding can get.

Gameplay is alright, (albeit, I dont like that the medals are the main point of fighting, and I have an overabundance of cids, and no evolve medals..ugh)

But, I wish the game had less padding, and got to the point.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
The padding bothered me too, in a way. But then I thought, you know, if this was translated into a console title all of that "padding" is just the normal gameplay in a world between story cutscenes. The padding exists mostly just to give people the ability to actually play the game. Wanting it gone would be like taking a world from KH2 and then cutting it down to just the boss fight and cutscenes. Idk. It can be hard at first, especially if you feel the pressure to be "caught up" so you're rushing through the quests and just want things to start happening for real. But it's not meant to be a game that is played traditionally, but rather that is enjoyed over time. I think the negative feeling of padding will lessen a bit.

That was the general feeling I had anyway. I definitely think they should've reworked KHU better. I realize it's mostly taking cues from KHx, but KHx wasn't considered canon or important until like over a year in so the actual story takes a long time to start developing. They should've reworked it for KHU so that more hints of the original story exist in the beginning or something. As it is now, there is next to no mention of the foretellers, the union/wars or really even chirithy until like 100 missions in, which is just way too late to really start building that (especially how even then it is still slow to start) idk.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
They should've reworked it for KHU so that more hints of the original story exist in the beginning or something. As it is now, there is next to no mention of the foretellers, the union/wars or really even chirithy until like 100 missions in, which is just way too late to really start building that (especially how even then it is still slow to start) idk.
I guess SE felt the need to uphold the time-honored tradition of taking forever to start the story.

SebTH1

When would you guys say the -real- not paddy story comes in?
does the US version have Ephemera? or even Skuld? doubtful on her.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
The NA version only has 200 quests so far, and neither Ephemera or Skuld are introduced in them. But eventually they will.

Popsydoodles

What? You guys mean to tell me you don't like pointless filler story? But this is Kingdom Hearts... Kingdom of the pointless filler story... I'm looking at you Disney worlds.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I just hit quest 90.

The game becomes addicting with quests that can take mere minutes to complete. The small areas and clever passage ways in quests are fun because they offer challenges, which adds some replay value to the game. The reliance of medals really reminds me of the cards used in Chain of Memories! I enjoy the turn based mechanics in the game and leveling to AP ratio seems programmed to become more difficult as you progress, which is a difficulty factor I like. This effect slows the completion of the game, so it becomes harder to complete it in just a few days, but I already know true KH fans did! Overall, I enjoy the game despite minor flaws.

Last edited:

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I am almost at quest 120. Just waiting on that story to pick up.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Ephemera is introduced at Quest 362. Skuld should be introduced after the Corridors of Darkness quests, which we haven't finished yet.

That Darkside boss with its 40 health bars and ATK/DEF buffs can go diddly off.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Ephemera is introduced at Quest 362. Skuld should be introduced after the Corridors of Darkness quests, which we haven't finished yet.

That Darkside boss with its 40 health bars and ATK/DEF buffs can go diddly off.

362...?

So basically, the actual meat of the story doesn't happen until the last quarter of the game thus far, and most of it happens over about 40 quests.

Skuld was right about it all happening too fast...

blksabbath74

It's interesting that they don't give you the option to recover your AP by spending jewels. That's a pretty common F2P thing. I mean it's good, it makes the game feel more free and less like it's pressuring you to spend real money like most F2P games do, but it's just curious. (Also curious is that you can't buy avatar coins with jewels). Just makes me wonder if they really do make enough money just by having jewels basically being used for medals and some special avatar boards.

When I read your posts, I hear Ron Swanson's voice in my head...

made an account to comment here.

In short my feelings are.. mixed.

Yeah, I know its a mobile game, yeah the PC version and this are different and the PC is going away.

But, I have one rather large complaint, and it makes it hard for me to trudge through this game.

Padding. I. Hate. Padding.

That entire Gummi Mission, was worthless and pointless to prolong.
Im now in the 130's and decided to look up how many quests are in the game, to see how deep this goes?
400. 400 quests.. with TONS of padding 6 part+ missions

like I said, im only so far in, but My god.. only like, 2 things have been connected to the main plot it seems.
I dont like that. I find it difficult to open the game now, and find the desire to continue, knowing how far this game can go and how bad the padding can get.

Gameplay is alright, (albeit, I dont like that the medals are the main point of fighting, and I have an overabundance of cids, and no evolve medals..ugh)

But, I wish the game had less padding, and got to the point.

Well, to be fair, the point of a mobile game isn't to be finished, but to always have something more to shoot for...

When you finish a game and there's nothing left to do, you usually move on. If they are doing it right, KH Unchained X will continue to add new content and more things to accomplish for the elite gamers.

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Seems like my Union's off to a sluggish start... oh well. I guess it could change with time. I wonder why so many people joined up with Vulpes?
I find it kinda funny how Ursus is dead last, since the Foreteller of that Union represents the Deadly Sin of laziness and general lack of effort

I feel like I should add to my very post that I made pages ago.

First and foremost: for a F2P mobile game, Unchained is good. Like, REALLY good. The gameplay is simple enough to quickly smash through if you're in a hurry, but if you want to 100% each quest, it actually requires a bit of strategy and forethought. This feels like an actual game, not a phoned-in (ha) cash-grab. Best of all, it's not pushy at all about buying Jewels. I mean, after spending all of mine on the KH/FF pack, I do feel a strong sense of temptation to cave and pay up, but it's not because the game keeps "suggesting" that I do so. Honestly, it's mostly because I'm worried that a future event will come up and that I'll miss out!

The special events that're available on certain days of the week give an extra incentive to play at least once a day, especially with the medals needed for the higher-grade medal evolutions. OH, and speaking of medals, for whatever reason, I really like a lot of those designs that they have. Something about dynamic poses or battle stances just clicks with me, I suppose.

It's a bit annoying that the game must have some sort of internet connection at all times, because aside from Raid Bosses, sharing medals with friends, and chatting, this game could probably function just fine without internet. Knowing that the story takes a VERY long time to actually get started has me a little disappointed, but honestly, I should be thankful that this game has a story at all, especially one that's pretty well-written and full of legitimate mystery.

Also, I just seem to have absolutely no luck when it comes to Magic medals. I have exactly three: one's the Olette one you can pick up just about anywhere, the other's the Mickey medal the EVERYONE has, and the last one's Jiminy Cricket. I've done quite a few medal draws, and I've never gotten a Magic medal out of any of them. On the other hand, my Speed and Power medal collection's looking pretty good.

Sorakh212

Awards
I'm liking it so far for the most part. I honestly don't much care for mobile/freemium gaming for a bunch of reasons but there are a few I like this game being one of them. Only other one I play is a game called Dokkan Battle. The only reason I'm playing both that and this is because I'm a huge passionate fan of both series. KHUx falls into several classic pitfalls of mobile/freemium gaming but I'm having a good time with it from what it's worth. I'm on quest 160 and I really like the atmosphere and vibes this game exudes. It reminds me of a simpler time back when the series first started. As a veteran KH fan it's nice to have that feeling again. It will be interesting and most likely better to see the story unfold in one particular way ie KH2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back