• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you think about Vanitas? (spoilers)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
i think he was an AWESOME character. but something about him i only dislike.

his face. that's all. i like how we have some evil crazy ass mofo in here now. Since we all know Vanitas is a psychopath. and he's always smirking. i just think his face makes me dislike him a little bit because im sick and tired of so many Sora clones. i wish there was nothing behind the mask or someone different or someone OTHER THAN SORA. i would have been pissed if he was Xehanort as well. too many damn clones.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
KH = Sora's story. With the kid himself having no story to call his own, the only true way to tie the story to him is have everyone be connected on an existential level. Vanitas, being linked to Ven who's linked to Sora, is no different.
About the only truly "leading" character at this point who doesn't have a plethora of lookalikes/clones is Riku.

As for Vanitas, I have to say I'm largely unimpressed. His concept was good but I can't take him seriously what with being MX's pet. Though it does tie in with the whole "Darkness isn't necessarily evil" shiz since lo and behold, he didn't really have to enjoy other people's sufferings. He was just one element out of the whole that was Ven, so it makes sense that "some parts" were missing, such as telling apart right and wrong.
Character wise, I can't say there was too much of a character, imo.
Also, I was disappointed that most of when we saw him was in Aqua's scenario rather than Ven's. Felt... distorted, somehow.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Yeah..i was STUNNED when Vanitas never bothered to betray MX in the end
i really thought after MX summons KH Vanitas would go strike him down and kill him or something or take the X Blade for himself.

then again..when Vanitas did get the X Blade, how the hell was Xehanort suppose to get it? Just take it from him? Would Vanitas really just hand it LIKE THAT? I mean when he got the X Blade he was going crazy. like he just had a male orgasm.

Decrith

It would have been cool if Vanitas is somehow revived by Xehanort. But damn, I wanted him to betray MX. Vanitas needs to be more evil. IMO he should be stronger than MX, because he can summon 12315724724 unversed then strike MX down when he's tired.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
Um we've only had one real Sora clone that actually looked like Sora and thats Vanitas.
Anyways Vanitas = Very Best Chracter Ever des[ite some plot trollness.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Um we've only had one real Sora clone that actually looked like Sora and thats Vanitas.

Are you high?
Xion
Roxas
Sora
Ven
Vanitas

if you're telling me that's not a lot of sora clones please tell me what u r smoking. i'd sure love it.

Xehanort > Vanitas

:)

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
IMO he should be stronger than MX, because he can summon 12315724724 unversed then strike MX down when he's tired.

Numbers do matter, I think, but at the end, Vanitas's power comes from Ven. For him to be stronger than MX, Ven has to be.

You must've missed the part where Xion looked more like Sora than Vanitas.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
i think he was an AWESOME character. but something about him i only dislike.

his face. that's all. i like how we have some evil crazy ass mofo in here now. Since we all know Vanitas is a psychopath. and he's always smirking. i just think his face makes me dislike him a little bit because im sick and tired of so many Sora clones. i wish there was nothing behind the mask or someone different or someone OTHER THAN SORA. i would have been pissed if he was Xehanort as well. too many damn clones.

Vanitas was awesome. Pure and simple. He just....lacked a story behind him. Aside from being part of Ven and being an epic boss in the game, there wasn't anything else to him. He should've been explored a little more.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
i really thought after MX summons KH Vanitas would go strike him down and kill him or something or take the X Blade for himself.

Well, in all fairness, we never really saw what would have happened after Vanitas got his hands on the x-blade, because Terra fought back against MX and Ven and Aqua pwned Vanitas. Given that Vanitas almost killed Ven earlier, which definitely went against MX's orders, and considered using Aqua instead, I personally think that he was only following MX so loyally because he saw MX as the quickest way to get what he wanted: the x-blade and total chaos.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
He was a cool plot device. It was always fun seeing him troll.

then again..when Vanitas did get the X Blade, how the hell was Xehanort suppose to get it? Just take it from him? Would Vanitas really just hand it LIKE THAT? I mean when he got the X Blade he was going crazy. like he just had a male orgasm.

I was just thinking about this the other day and wonderd if Vanitas ever even fully understood what the X-Blade is for. We know he knows it's to open KH and can restart the Keyblade war but he never hinted at knowing anything else beyond that. It was especially during that scene after the took over Ven and was monologing about the war that I thought he would talk about attaining KH's true power or something but he seemed perfectly content with just restarting the war.

I think when MX was teaching him Keyblader history 101, he skipped over a few details in the case some things might Vanitas ideas. MX would probably have Vanitas do whatever ever needed to be done to get him self into KH and tell him what he was duing would restart the war or just knock him out and take the X-Blade.

like he just had a male orgasm.

Going inside of Ven has that affact on people.

Crystal

Silver Member
Before BBs comes out, i always thought DS (Vanitas) is something to do with Terra. Since in the KH2 FM secret ending, he looks tall and having more muscle lol xD
But when BBS release , it was shock for me that Vanitas actually looks like Sora xD
I love the description that Vanitas being Ven's darkness and Ven is connected to Sora.
At first, i also not liking his face but now i think he is badass villian

Stars

リク
Before BBs comes out, i always thought DS (Vanitas) is something to do with Terra. Since in the KH2 FM secret ending, he looks tall and having more muscle lol xD
But when BBS release , it was shock for me that Vanitas actually looks like Sora xD
I love the description that Vanitas being Ven's darkness and Ven is connected to Sora.
At first, i also not liking his face but now i think he is badass villian

Yeah, the secret ending... Vanitas' height was a mislead one lol
Anyway, I dislike Vanitas having Sora face at first...it seem like Sora is everywhere lol...
I prefer him to be the masked boy whom not revealed his face and being mysterious.. And I love he is a bad ass villian that love to pissed Aqua off.. xD
But now.. I get used with him being the Sora face, i would guess what will he look like if Ven is not connected to Sora xD

Crystal

Silver Member
I prefer him to be the masked boy whom not revealed his face and being mysterious.. And I love he is a bad ass villian that love to pissed Aqua off.. xD

He seem frequently appear in Aqua's story, maybe Aqua is his back-up plan.

But now.. I get used with him being the Sora face, i would guess what will he look like if Ven is not connected to Sora xD

If Ven is somehow connected to Riku then Vanitas will looks like Riku lol xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back