• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What relationhips do you want to be focused on?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I know the series' writing is not the best at times but it still upholds standard conventions of narrative. Throughout KH3D Lea's plot and arc is pretty straightforward and it begins with one mystery that isn't resolved, the thing that primarily drives him throughout his journey -- "Isa (and Braig) should've been recompleted like they were, so why aren't they here? Where are they? And how can I go about saving Isa?" -- this mystery is the driving force behind his story in that game and is the focus in nearly every one of his scenes. It's why he goes to Yen Sid. It's why he becomes a Keyblade wielder. The only remaining question before entering the story's endgame is where are Isa and Braig. The game then answers that in the climax, bringing his arc, at this stage, to a close. For Isa to be anyone but Isa completely defies the narrative structure of Lea's story in that game and it just doesn't make sense with what is established. By the end of the game, Lea's arc, started at the beginning of the game, is completed, allowing for his character to move onto the next stage, being saving Isa using the knowledge (where Isa is) and the abilities (Keyblade) he gained over this journey. Even though it is technically possible for Isa to be Saix due to KH lore, it's not really probable given these facts and just taking basic narrative structure into consideration.

That makes enough sense for me. Thanks, Audo.

But I will be the first to say that there is literally no difference between Isa and Saix. It's like yelling at a casual fan because he called Lea Axel xD

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
That makes enough sense for me. Thanks, Audo.

But I will be the first to say that there is literally no difference between Isa and Saix. It's like yelling at a casual fan because he called Lea Axel xD
Of course there is a difference, otherwise why stipulate that you could see the case for Isa but still believed Saix? The implication behind saying Saix instead of Isa is that the being seen at the end of KH3D is a Nobody and not a human (something the fandom has said about Braig mind you). That means a lot in KH :s

If you were literally just using a different name to mean the human form of Isa then I wouldn't have bothered making these posts =__=

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Keep in mind, Young Xehanort also calls Isa Saix at the end of the re:Coded secret ending.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Keep in mind, Young Xehanort also calls Isa Saix at the end of the re:Coded secret ending.
Not that it really matters, but YX also calls Braig Xigbar in KH3D.
He seems to like to call those who align with the Organization by their recusant name.

The names are generally interchangeable so long as everyone in discussion is under the same understanding of what is being talked about, lol. Lea/Axel doesn't really matter if we all agree that the person is the human form. Same goes with Isa and Braig. But with time travel, the possibility for it to not be the human form technically exists and is the matter of much fan speculation, thus it's better to be clear on what you mean by your name usage.

RoomKey

You mean while they're in while nothing gathers? Lea calls him Isa, but we can clearly see the scar, so I'm pretty confident it's Saix

Saix looks exactly like Isa, and Sora defeated Saix, so the only explanation would be if that was Isa. Unless Isa was an idiot who became a heartless... again.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Just wondering, but what's your idea on how a heroic sacrifice on Isa's part would come to be? From what I've seen, he's been in Xehanort's pocket from the get-go, so what would cause him to do something like that?

A corny heart to heart gives him the strength necessary to temporarily break free from Master Xehanort's hold. Blah blah Lea reaches to him, Isa realizes its hopeless and turns the tide in favor for the good guys. Its been done before in this series.

Frugal Moogle

I really would like to see the Trinities interact with each other more. That means more Sora/Riku/Kairi, Roxas/Axel/Xion, Terra/Ventus/Aqua. I'm not entirely sure how possible the last two groups would be, especially since Xion was effectively erased from existence, but its hard to think about the emphasis that are put on these group's close bonds with each other if we only see it rarely and most of the other times they're just fighting like hell with each other. The Roxas/Axel/Xion relationship seems to be the most thoroughly fleshed out one in the series so far...and that's not good. They had one game together. No.

Nevros

I'm now noticing that with Nomura's style of writing, he focuses less on developing friendships and more on the how the relationships are tested in these huge conflicts. We kind of have to assume a lot about the friendships, which is good for those who enjoy headcannons, but bad for those who want to actually see the interactions.

RAX was the only trio that we got to see form. The rest happened behind the scenes (SKR, TAV, Riku and Mickey, Organization 13). So we usually only see them in the midst of conflicts, when they are being heroes. This makes the few friendship-driven interactions we get very meaningful. I kind of like this style because it makes those few moments (begining of KH1 and end of KHII) so much sweeter. But with so many characters being around for so long, we could use some more concrete interactions, which I wish the spinoff's would do more of. Like seriously, just put more flashbacks of different characters being happy together into each game. The characters are one of the strongest points of the series and yet they just don't get used like they could be.

Relationships I'd like to see develop:
-Roxas, Xion, Lea (Their reunion will break me)
-Sora, Kairi, Riku
-Sora and Kairi (I just want to see them being cute normally, not only in the middle of some grand conflict)
-Kairi, Namine, Xion (Namine and Xion could just really use a girl friend)
-Sora, Roxas, Ventus (identity crises triossss)
-Aqua and everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back