• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would ruin KH3 for you? - Story wise.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spem

Awards
Probably if Xehanort be forgiven at the end, or if he doesn't be the true villain after all... It would be really disappointing.

KingOfHearts

Honestly K don't want to see any romance in KH :(

I can imagine romance in KH being incredibly cringe-worthy stuff.

Rather they not even try.

I think it'd be fine if there was a kiss between Sora and Kairi at the very end. That way you don't have to deal with the awkwardness of "in-love" characters throughout the game too much. We already have the build up. I think it'd be a nice way to wrap things up of this is a happy ending.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Master Xehanort learns the true meaning of Christmas and becomes a good guy. Everyone instantly forgives him, and the game ends with Xehanort and Sora skipping merrily across a field of flowers as it rains kittens and gumdrops.

palizinhas

Awards
Eh, idk. I'd hate it for the final battles to be like in KH2, where SDG and Riku are the only ones who actually fight where everyone else gets ridiculously thrown out of all the battles. It was cringeworthy with only Mickey and Kairi there, I can't even think how it would feel like with more characters. But that didn't ruin KH2 for me, so I don't think it would RUIN KH3 either.

I will probably be fine with whatever we get. Don't really have huge expectations one way or the other.

If there's romance, please at least have the characters involved interact first. Don't just throw it in "because". Wouldn't exactly ruin it either, but. Eh.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Roxas, Xion, Eraqus, Namine, Replica, Mufasa, etc. are all alive and live happily ever after.

KH3 Part 1 releases 2018.

Disney worlds are utter filler.

In the Wreck it Ralph world Sora and Xehanort break charcter and acknowledge that they are video game characters following a script (though at the same time I would admire the guts for doing that).

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Honestly, I have no expectations. That doesn't mean I'm indifferent toward the game. I expect it to be great and that's it. I have yet to be disappointed with a KH game except recoded (gameplay and story weren't enough to keep me invested when playing). In terms of the relationship thing, relations more than friendship have never been a major theme and the only one hinted at was Sora and Kairi. Not once did I get a Sora Riku vibe more than friends. So if they pull that out of nowhere, I would be disappointed. But again, the thought of relationships in more than a quick kiss on the cheek doesn't fit in KH.
So the only way the game could get ruined is if they decided to not put thought or care into the story and it was just a terrible story. I guess what I mean is if they decide to not make it KH.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Wouldn't ruin it, but I do not want confirmed pairings between the original characters to be honest. Just not feeling it.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Probably the fandom within 2-3 weeks of its release tbh.

I managed to enjoy every game in the series in some way (albeit some more than others, but that isn't the point), so it'll take some serious fundamental flaws like buggy, broken gameplay and zero redeeming qualities to leave me really disappointed with a KH title.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't know how could I forgot Xehanort turning good at the end. Good thing you guys didn't.

-Vanitas only showing up at the end and dying again just as immediately.

Fun fact: that's also what it looks like if you glue together his cutscenes pre and post fight cutting the gameplay in between. Seriously: he will taunt Aqua and Ven, and next thing you know he's on the ground.

I do think they are quite comparable. In terms of what I feel about them, I think the best of Naruto is better than the best of KH, and the worst of Naruto is worse than the worst of KH, it falls into more extremes for me.

As someone who always said that Naruto DID suck, but it was also a memorable work with memorable scenes and concepts, I agree.

I think it'd be fine if there was a kiss between Sora and Kairi at the very end. That way you don't have to deal with the awkwardness of "in-love" characters throughout the game too much. We already have the build up. I think it'd be a nice way to wrap things up of this is a happy ending.

Exactly! I don't understand why "confirming ships" should translate into "turning KH into some Twilight story". Aladin and Jasmine are a couple in the games too, and they just kissed in a couple of scenes, period. Without having "Nomura's awful romance skills" ruining everything.
This isn't a fanfiction, is still a combat-oriented action game.

Roxas, Xion, Eraqus, Namine, Replica, Mufasa, etc. are all alive and live happily ever after.

I'm legit laughing for Mufasa.

Oh wow. KH getting FF VII Remake'd would be pretty bad.

In the Wreck it Ralph world Sora and Xehanort break charcter and acknowledge that they are video game characters following a script (though at the same time I would admire the guts for doing that).

Oh wow x5 that's really bad too. You sir have a gift.

Knuxpyro56

Watch it be the Rebels world where they fight Vader in the sith Temple from the Season 2 finale.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
It would take a lot of things to "ruin" a whole game, sort of like a KH2 situation where so much of it's bad. Some of those things that--combined--could ruin KH3 for me:

- Disney worlds being filler/main storyline having little to no interaction with the Disney plots.
- Gameplay (particularly in the Disney worlds) being too easy.
- Small worlds.
- Maleficent getting Team Rocket treatment again.
- A majority of the worlds being PIXAR/Star Wars/non-Disney.
- The Foretellers hijacking the storyline.
- D&G being pushed out as regular party members for Kairi and Riku.
- Xehanort not being completely, definitively DONE never-to-return at the end of KH3.
- Command Deck.
- Drive Forms.... (Confirmed for KH3 already...)

.... Why would you even put that out in the universe....? Egads. You won this game.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Any scenario in which Xehanort is being forgiven and turns into a "completely new" person and regrets all he has done.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
.... Why would you even put that out in the universe....? Egads. You won this game.

A bit of brainstorming from the Kairi thread: 0.2 is already a segmented off chunk of KH3 & Nomura insist the game will be absolutely massive, particularly due to the sheer volume of plot threads & characters that need addressing while also investing a significant length of of time to the Disney worlds & their inhabitants. If FF7 is too massive to contain within 1 disc, maybe the same can be said of KH3 at this point?

Part 0: Aqua Chapter, AKA 0.2
Part 1: Kairi Chapter, Princess of Light worlds & their ties to the Keyblade War. Maleficent as Final Boss so her arc doesn't interfere with Xehanort being the overall big bad.
Part 2: Riku Chapter, exploring the fate of Terranort & the status of other potential keyblade wielders in the further reaches of the KH universe.
Part 3: Sora Chapter, the "main" KH3 game that's the longest & finishes the story. But is pretty much just tieing up the leftover loose ends at this point.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
A bit of brainstorming from the Kairi thread: 0.2 is already a segmented off chunk of KH3 & Nomura insist the game will be absolutely massive, particularly due to the sheer volume of plot threads & characters that need addressing while also investing a significant length of of time to the Disney worlds & their inhabitants. If FF7 is too massive to contain within 1 disc, maybe the same can be said of KH3 at this point?

Part 0: Aqua Chapter, AKA 0.2
Part 1: Kairi Chapter, Princess of Light worlds & their ties to the Keyblade War. Maleficent as Final Boss so her arc doesn't interfere with Xehanort being the overall big bad.
Part 2: Riku Chapter, exploring the fate of Terranort & the status of other potential keyblade wielders in the further reaches of the KH universe.
Part 3: Sora Chapter, the "main" KH3 game that's the longest & finishes the story. But is pretty much just tieing up the leftover loose ends at this point.

I think I could actually get on board with that.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I think I could actually get on board with that.

That's the sad part, ain't it? It makes just a tad bit too much sense when the alternative is Riku & Kairi get shoved off-screen with excuses until the finale.

KingOfHearts

I've never cared about playing side characters and will be glad if they just focus on Sora for kh3. I'm sure that won't be the case, but that's my preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back