• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's your opinion about Sora x Kairi?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Anything Kairi is on topic. Except for Lemons. No one post lemons.
*puts away SelKai lemons* ...But yeah, a lot of people's problem with Sora x Kairi is Kairi's chance to develop in and out of the relationship, so discussing where Kairi can go from here to grow as a person and eventually get back to that "budding romance" is pretty relevant, I think.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Kinda... except we're gleefully ignoring the "Sora x" part in the thread title...

Larxene012 was kind of sad to watch. Entertaining, but sad. I never thought I'd find someone who pretty much goes by a "jet fuel can't melt steel beams" philosophy on every fact they're given, yet actually took her own hardheadedness seriously. Traditional means of debate, like bringing up established canonical fact or logical deduction, were useless.

To get this back on topic, I stand by my original statement: I don't really mind the pairing, but I'm more interested in seeing everyone just hanging out, eating ice cream, and being bros together. Romance never was and should not be the main focus in KHIII, although it would be nice to get somewhere with it.

Last edited:

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Kinda... except we're gleefully ignoring the "Sora x" part in the thread title...

To get this back on topic, I stand by my original statement: I don't really mind the pairing, but I'm more interested in seeing everyone just hanging out, eating ice cream, and being bros together. Romance never was and should not be the main focus in KHIII, although it would be nice to get somewhere with it.
My bad...... I agree

Friendship is key.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
My bad...... I agree

Friendship is key.

We should just make a "worst pun in the kingdom hearts series" thread after the shit I just read...

EDIT: I stand by my opinion that they should do something with it if they built it up. I don't care if it goes far, but don't tease us about it then let it be nothing.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
We should just make a "worst pun in the kingdom hearts series" thread after the shit I just read...

EDIT: I stand by my opinion that they should do something with it if they built it up. I don't care if it goes far, but don't tease us about it then let it be nothing.
What...?

No pun was intended, honest.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
What...?

No pun was intended, honest.

Sure, that was the 'key' idea of it

because-wearing-1-sunglasses-is-too-mainstream_o_324942.gif

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I don't understand....

Did you call my unintended pun "shit"? Or was just joking around? 0.0

Nonononono! Lol I was kidding around, your pun actually made me laugh a lot xD

Anyone think that Kairi and Riku's interaction isn't as little as it seems? I mean, I thought they had a lot of development in the world that never was, and I always found it endearing how she was the one that led Sora to find out who Riku really was. It was a heartwarming, and made me feel there was more behind them other than proclaimed friends

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Nonononono! Lol I was kidding around, your pun actually made me laugh a lot xD
I don't understand my own unintended pun :/

Anyone think that Kairi and Riku's interaction isn't as little as it seems? I mean, I thought they had a lot of development in the world that never was, and I always found it endearing how she was the one that led Sora to find out who Riku really was. It was a heartwarming, and made me feel there was more behind them other than proclaimed friends
Maybe offscreen? And when Riku showed more concern for Kairi than Sora?

Awards
Well, it's not so much that it was little. It's just that, like many things with Kairi (and Riku, for that matter), it was implied to happen offscreen.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Nomura had no idea how to handle anything in KH2 lol.

Maybe the battle system.

Last edited:

Kaijuguy19

I know this may be unlikely for KH3 but I would like to see some flashback scenes of them on the island before the events of KH1 along with other scenes involving Kairi during the events of other games that weren't shown just to help flesh her out and to show us why she meant a lot to both Sora and Riku like for example her showing caring for them when they had their down moments as kids and she was the only one who was willing to find out why and help them.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I know this may be unlikely for KH3 but I would like to see some flashback scenes of them on the island before the events of KH1 along with other scenes involving Kairi during the events of other games that weren't shown just to help flesh her out and to show us why she meant a lot to both Sora and Riku like for example her showing caring for them when they had their down moments as kids and she was the only one who was willing to find out why and help them.

I'd be totally up for that, BBS showed us that anything showing any relationship at all is a huge plus

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I'd be totally up for that, BBS showed us that anything showing any relationship at all is a huge plus

And I'd argue that hurt TAV's validity. The kh 1 flashbacks were more effective because they showed us genuine interactions before the flashbacks, while every "emotional"(I use that term loosely) scene from TAV came from half assed flashbacks.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
And I'd argue that hurt TAV's validity. The kh 1 flashbacks were more effective because they showed us genuine interactions before the flashbacks, while every "emotional"(I use that term loosely) scene from TAV came from a half assed flashbacks.

Sorry if I seemed unclear haha, I meant that anything that convinced me they were friends in BbS was a huge plus.

Even though it seems like SRK need more time, I was just saying that it can always be worse. Despite everyone complaining about the lack of interaction in that trio, it is way better than anything that TAV had going for them in that game.

That's another hope for KHIII, seeing more "emotion" behind the friendship of Terra, Aqua, and Ventus. Aqua interaction especially, since the whole game she was demoted to the role of babysitter while Terra and Ventus were brought up to brother status.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I honestly am most interested (and this would work well for a callback to the beginning, which most people like to do at the end, like bookends) in seeing a flashback from the night DI fell to darkness but from Kairi's perspective.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I honestly am most interested (and this would work well for a callback to the beginning, which most people like to do at the end, like bookends) in seeing a flashback from the night DI fell to darkness but from Kairi's perspective.

Hey, Audo, have you applied for Square Enix storyboarding yet?

Awards
Oh right, since the novels showed us that night from Riku's perspective, we just don't know how Kairi saw it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back