• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When are we expecting news?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Megavoltage

Awards
I remember "They'll reuse the KH3 assets and we'll get the next game real soon!!" being a popular sentiment back when KH3 and Re Mind were still new. Being a Kingdom Hearts fan is suffering.

Reactions: Raz

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I remember "They'll reuse the KH3 assets and we'll get the next game real soon!!" being a popular sentiment back when KH3 and Re Mind were still new. Being a Kingdom Hearts fan is suffering.
I mean it'll be quicker than KH3 I'm sure, there was that whole engine switch thing that happened.

KH3 was revealed in 2013, came out 2019. 5 and a half years.

KH4 was revealed in April 2022. I think a Late 2025, early 2026 release is possible. It could be 3 and a half years to 4 years.

It's faster I suppose.

But hopefully we get our own direct like FF7 Rebirth is getting on the 6th, whether it be from Sony or Square Enix. I think we're going to get at least 1 trailer this year. If not I'll eat Liver Pepper Ice Cream

the red monster

Awards
because people assumed next game will be a spin-off that will look like KH3 so it will reuse assets like most old KH games did.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
During that interview with the Disney exec where KH came up, he made a comment that they work with their developers to set release windows to ensure games from the same IPs aren’t releasing on top of each other.

Here’s the quote:

As projects get underway, Disney designates release windows to avoid having games in similar franchises stepping on each other. What if partner A is running late and at risk of colliding with partner B? "Everybody's running late," Shoptaw quipped, before saying that lateness is often no one's fault and something Disney tries to accommodate with all affected partners. "We do a lot of air traffic control," he said.

So it may be worth keeping an eye on other Disney licensed games like Star Wars since it is the one world we know of.

Star Wars Outlaws is next up. I was expecting that to be in the fall, but there are insider rumors it’ll actually release in May and this could be confirmed as early as next week. So that would be out of the way. The only other Disney IP game I’m seeing for 2024 is Indiana Jones.

There are plenty of other Star Wars and Marvel games in the pipeline, but not seeing any others with confirmed release windows. Which makes me hopeful there could be a big video game showcase at D23 this year to reveal some things including KH4.

But with that, I’m taking a break from news/release speculation at least until after Rebirth releases. We can keep discussing the same points ad nauseam, but I think I’m out of observations and predictions for now. Going to take the “a watched pot never boils” approach and just look away until we get an actual update.

Last edited:

maximumlight8

Awards
Clearly they prioritized FF7 rebirth over KH4 which is understandable. However, I think KHML should have been a console game from the start. I don't get how they could possibly justify spending so much for this game to be developed for phone, when it will likely be shut down within 3 years probably. Should have been a console game, but you can't get whales for console games.

2 quid is good

Awards
Womp womp.

Though I did find it interesting they said (re: the FF7R State of Play), “Square Enix will be sharing new gameplay details, along with exciting news you won’t wanna miss.”

I’m not sayin they’d sneak a KH4 trailer into an FF7R focused state of play but… what if…. 👀

(I am clearly starved for KH news here)
E3 2013 vibes....?

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Didn't expect anything last year because Nomura said it would take a while to get news. Definitely expect something later this year.

Hopefully KH4 is better than KH3 and they learnt something with ReMind, which was incredible.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Didn't expect anything last year because Nomura said it would take a while to get news. Definitely expect something later this year.

Hopefully KH4 is better than KH3 and they learnt something with ReMind, which was incredible.
Only thing I hope is that Critical mode is day 1 and also unlocked from the start

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
When I suggested we might get news on Sora two weeks before Rebirth, this was not what I had in mind… 😭

(Seriously though, this has me extremely worried about our society.)

IMG_1907.jpeg

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Wouldn't surprise me if we get fake news with that Sora AI lol

The amount of "leaks" that will come out for all of gaming and movies are gonna be crazy

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So um, anybody get that amiibo yet? I kinda forgot about it and now it's sold out.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Not KH news, but was interesting enough I thought I’d share here. In the Japanese Nintendo Direct, a new game from FuRyu called Reynatis was revealed that looks an awful lot like it’s pulling similar concepts as Verum Rex/KH4… And Nojima is writing it with Shimomura doing the score…

No indication of a global release, but it’s giving some Versus XIII vibes.

blank points

Awards
Not KH news, but was interesting enough I thought I’d share here. In the Japanese Nintendo Direct, a new game from FuRyu called Reynatis was revealed that looks an awful lot like it’s pulling similar concepts as Verum Rex/KH4… And Nojima is writing it with Shimomura doing the score…

It's funny, I just saw this, and immediately thought of this myself. The main character is literally almost a dead ringer for Yozora. It does look cool, so I'll probably pick it up, but it does seem odd that Nojima would come out with this when he probably knows Nomura is working on VR for KH. Wonder what Nomura thinks about this.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

I rarely ever want to assert this when it comes to art, but... what a fucking ripoff. Looks awful, too.

Back