• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Editorial ► Where Square Enix North America Went Wrong With Kingdom Hearts Unchained X

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Excellent work, guys! :] I feel like you summarized the community's complaint in a very coherent, and orderly way.

Sorarocks93

Awards
I feel bad for the western community. I myself haven't played this that much, (think I'm still at lvl 50 or something) and honestly I don't think I'm gonna play it anytime soon.

The January release date feels weird though, I sure hope that doesn't mean that Back Cover will not​ answer the questions people need to know in order to go into KH3 without being confused.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I feel bad for the western community. I myself haven't played this that much, (think I'm still at lvl 50 or something) and honestly I don't think I'm gonna play it anytime soon.

The January release date feels weird though, I sure hope that doesn't mean that Back Cover will not​ answer the questions people need to know in order to go into KH3 without being confused.

I think that, maybe, KHx BC will answer some questions, or at least touch what KHx and its Special Episode did not touch (what Luxu told Ava and the MoM's whereabouts).

But after KHx's ending and its Special Episode creating more questions than answers, anything is possible at this point, haha.

Coxdem

The only way i think they can compensate is give us a big amount of free jewels, change the daily log in to what JP has, making jewel quests daily and bring brooms/mickey and brooms into the game. And that is just to make it closer to the game that japan has. But that is just asking too much, isn't it?

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
The only way i think they can compensate is give us a big amount of free jewels, change the daily log in to what JP has, making jewel quests daily and bring brooms/mickey and brooms into the game. And that is just to make it closer to the game that japan has. But that is just asking too much, isn't it?
Nah man, there is no way they can compensate this. Not after this bs they pulled. You can't just move the story quests like that. Especially when Back Cover is coming. That's just utter... I don't even... ARGH!!! This makes me so mad! I can look past all the other crap the pulled, but they can't just touch the Story Quests.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Nah man, there is no way they can compensate this. Not after this bs they pulled. You can't just move the story quests like that. Especially when Back Cover is coming. That's just utter... I don't even... ARGH!!! This makes me so mad! I can look past all the other crap the pulled, but they can't just touch the Story Quests.
um didint move any story quest i'm playing the japananse ux and skuld quest isnt next yet the beast castle will finish this month then we have that bee mission follow by the dark corridiorss then i belive added quest where got to find keyblade wielders side stuff then i think it skuld stuff mostet i think are i think 25 missions

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
um didint move any story quest i'm playing the japananse ux and skuld quest isnt next yet the beast castle will finish this month then we have that bee mission follow by the dark corridiorss then i belive added quest where got to find keyblade wielders side stuff then i think it skuld stuff mostet i think are i think 25 missions
I know, but like others already said, if we kept the same pace as we used to, we would be finished just in time for Back Cover. But now we aren't advancing at all until January. And that's what makes me mad. I'm pretty sure Nomura intended for us to catch up before Back Cover, but now we end up being behind.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Props to Echo and Cyborg. You guys gave the stupidity of it all and our feelings on it perfectly.

Sometimes when looking at the English version, I feel it's first problem is it acts like we get the same amount of login bonuses as Japan does and that the Daily Jewels quests are always there. That we'll be able to make several thousand Jewels in time for Boards and special deals. If the Daily Jewels were permanent and we got 900 Jewels for login in 5 days straight, a big problem would be taken care of.

Second is the "Defeat all enemies within one turn." objective. This is complete bullshit and should be "Defeat the target enemy" like in JP.

Special Attack Bonus... It's... How can they think changing Guilt to that was a good idea? You can't NOT think there wasn't reason for "Guilt" being used. When the Guilt Bangle was first introduced we all knew immediately there had to have been a reason for the particular word. And lo and behold the finale of X[chi] showed that, guess what, the word has plot importance and SENA shot themselves in the foot for no reason at all.

Oh and now they're holding off the plot until next year! Why? What's the point in that besides confusing fans when 2.8 releases?

Why is SENA going out of their way to be money-grubbing dickweeds? We should be able to spend money on this game when we feel like it, and never feel forced to.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
It's really cool to see such features here, especially the contribution of The_Echo resonated with me, great work you two.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I know, but like others already said, if we kept the same pace as we used to, we would be finished just in time for Back Cover. But now we aren't advancing at all until January. And that's what makes me mad. I'm pretty sure Nomura intended for us to catch up before Back Cover, but now we end up being behind.
we going to end behind no mater what the filler stuff wont end until december i think

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I didn't find it fast enough, but there is this quote from Diablo 3 developer Joshua Mosqueira that is often used to point out the central problem of this game philosophy: the frustration of the players.

http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1021776/Against-the-Burning-Hells-Diablo said:
One of our fears was, If we give them everything, they are going to stop playing? And I think the realization we made now and what we firmly believe now is that it’s much better for players to get all the loot and to leave the game happy because they will come back happy when we drop a new expansion or patch. If you are stingy, and you are afraid of being too generous, they are going to leave frustrated, they are going to spend three hours not getting an upgrade and then say "this game just wasted my time". We learned that we needed to become comfortable being generous.

I understand that there is a difference between how free2play and these buy2play massive online games work, but still there are lessons to be learnt here.

LingeringVanitas

And yet I complain about the NA version and I get bad mouthed and warned about it. I see how it works now. I have to design my complaints better and actually 'publish' them to these sites so I can get away with it better.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I just noticed this…

Me said:
Let's talk about the Daily Login Bonus.

On JP, You can get up to 900 Jewels within 5 days of logging in straight.(100 - 100 - 200 - 200 - 300)
You can also complete the Daily Jewel Quests, where you get 200J every day. They even give 500J every 50 days of login!

"So, where's the problem?", you ask.
You see, on NA, there are no Daily Jewel Quests. They only appear once in a while as an Event.
The Daily Login Bonuses were halved. All you can get within 5 days of logging in are 500 Jewels.
(50 - 50 - 100 - 100 - 200).
That's 400 Jewels less than JP, and that's a huge difference.

Let's talk about artificial difficulty now.
You can complete 3 objectives per Quest.
They changed nearly all of the "Defeat Target Enemy in 1 Turn"-Objectives to "Defeat all enemies in 1 turn", making the game harder in return.

Cyborg's Editorial said:
On the Japan side one can gain up to nine hundred jewels within five days of logging in straight (100 - 100 - 200 - 200 - 300). They can also complete Daily Jewel Quests, where you get 200 jewels every day. It probably asking yourselves, ‘where is the problem with this’, the answer is quite simple. The jewel quests are not daily, save, for only when it is an event and the login bonuses are cut in half (50 - 50 - 100 - 100 - 200), which add up to 500, That's 400 Jewels less than JP, and that's a huge difference.

In the Japanese version, one of the objectives involves ‘Defeat Target Enemy in 1 Turn’. But in the American version, nearly all of those objectives are changed to ‘Defeat all enemies in 1 turn.’

:I

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Apparently the voice clips were removed/not included because Square would have to pay a licence fee which they would 100% afford but are just being completely stingy.

Um, are you sure? I was under the impression that the actors are paid for recording, Disney then owns the clips in perpetuity and the actors don't receive royalties for video games. Archival recordings. I mean, they have Kairi's grandma at the start, and she didn't even get credited in the japanese version. What would they need to license?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Thank you for your words The_Echo and Cyborg009! I visit the X and Unchained thread mostly to see stuff about the story updates, but still reading some of the messages I got the feeling that something was going with the game. Now thanks to your words I am aware of the things that are wonky when it comes to this game and especially about the suspicious changes that have been made to the Western version.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
I didn't find it fast enough, but there is this quote from Diablo 3 developer Joshua Mosqueira that is often used to point out the central problem of this game philosophy: the frustration of the players.

I understand that there is a difference between how free2play and these buy2play massive online games work, but still there are lessons to be learnt here.
While we can indeed learn a lesson here, I still think it's utter bs that we won't get the main story until January.
And yet I complain about the NA version and I get bad mouthed and warned about it. I see how it works now. I have to design my complaints better and actually 'publish' them to these sites so I can get away with it better.
No, you complain about every damn thing you do =_= Even when you get a good medal you complain about how you ran out of Jewels. Hell, you even dared to say that the free Aqua we got was a useless medal.
I just noticed this…

:I
??? What's the problem?

Muke

whatever
Awards
^
You don't see the obvious similarity? He copied my post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back