• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who is stronger: Sora or Riku?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who is stronger?

• Sora

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Riku

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • They are equally strong

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrenKH94

While at this moment in time I am slightly leaning toward naming riku the stronger I feel it is necessary to say the Riku himself was close to defeat on several occasions, most notably in CoM, and needed the help of Mickey. Ansem had Riku in his clutches until Mickey helped him in the realm of light and the same situation when Ansem restored him after Sora(Zexion) defeated him. Both have got help from others, its just that Sora has received more as he had more opportunities to do so. For sheer strength I'd say Riku is the stronger, but for perseverance I'd give it to sora. I know both has to persevere hard throughout, I just feel Sora has greater levels of it. I hope they find a way to equal them out in KH3. But I will always feel Donald is the best, so strong, I so never always swapped him from my party due to him having constant death

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Just as individuals, relying solely on their own power and no one else's? Definitely Riku. The games themselves have explicitly stated that pretty much all of Sora's power comes from his connections to other people. While there's nothing wrong with that and has occasionally even surpassed Riku's own power, the point is that it isn't his own.

Oh, and then you have the fact that Riku can channel darkness in a way completely unique to himself, and therefore has access to potent abilities and vicious attacks that no one else does, as well as an immunity to darkness corruption.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Aqua.
This topic is almost two years old, you guys.

I don't know. I'd say both Riku and Sora are stronger than her. They at least have more experience fighting 3 different types of enemies, countless bosses and saving worlds. Plus flowmotion movement :p

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't know. I'd say both Riku and Sora are stronger than her. They at least have more experience fighting 3 different types of enemies, countless bosses and saving worlds. Plus flowmotion movement :p
She's stronger than Ven and Terra, that's for sure. Anyway, sticking on topic, I found Riku stronger by dealing the toughest ways with the darkness. Sora just had the keyblade, but he is still fairly strong.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
And? Not all of us were here two years ago, you know. :D

And usually whenever an old thread gets bumped a moderator closes it because the original posters and topic-discussers aren't around to talk about it anymore? "and?" me again.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Guys why not make a new thread instead of bumping a 2 year old one?

HugoDipper

Equally.

I don't think Sora or Riku are stronger than the other, they both have their own good points and points that they need to developed more and to be honest competition between the two always resulted in problems like KH 1 plot with Maleficent.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Riku probably is, but Sora can still make fun of him by mentioning Riku's got a losing record in their match-ups :tongue:

Speedshocker

Sora has a stronger heart, but Riku has much greater skill overall.

Sora may have won in the past- but Riku's skills have since surpassed what it used to be, clearly.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Riku is a terrible character, done and done.
tumblr_ntz7x4ZVrS1sidrvwo1_250.gif

bgizzles45

Pre-KH3D, Sora. Riku had to transform into Ansem to defeat Roxas, but Sora was able to defeat Roxas. Sora has defeated Riku countless of times.

Awards
Guys, clearly its Kairi? Come on now.

Since she's not an option, well the whole point of Sora is that he's dull, ordinary, unlike any other chosen by the keyblade (and Master Xehanort makes it clear that he means this very negatively). He's not the strongest. Alone, he's not even strong, which I'm guessing is the stipulation here. What makes him strong is his connection to other people, his heart expanded to love people across so many worlds and draw power from so many people who are more special, who are stronger, who were always destined to be greater than the dull boy who wasn't even given a keyblade ceremony.

So, Riku's stronger, but Sora can draw on others' powers in ways that Riku can't, which is why it's Sora who will open the door and Sora who can end the hurt.

Awards
I mean, she did become a comatose shell for a long ass time...
That's not quite the same as getting your butt kicked ;P

Plus, Sora was basically comatose from between KHCoM and KH2. Now that I think about it, Riku's the only one of the three who hasn't gotten put into a pseudo-coma yet. (And he was the one who protected both their bodies when it happened, aw).

hlc1988

Awards
That's not quite the same as getting your butt kicked ;P

Plus, Sora was basically comatose from between KHCoM and KH2. Now that I think about it, Riku's the only one of the three who hasn't gotten put into a pseudo-coma yet. (And he was the one who protected both their bodies when it happened, aw).

What's the betting Riku will be put into a comatose state in KH3 now? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back