• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who likes KH2 more than the origanal KH?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi^_^

I honestly like the second better. Just becouse , well Its got a better story to it, it like all mistery, and stuff like that. Just post and tell me! Please??:toungesmile:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
IMO, KH2 was mediocre at best and fail at worst. The story in the first game was way better. Disney was actually somewhat important in it asides from Donald/Goofy/Mickey. In KH2 it's pretty much just there for show.

KH2's story was shallow and lacked character development. You barely see the Organization at all, get to see them interact. Some members only show up once or twice, and some aren't even called by name in the game itself (excluding Jiminy's Journal). Kairi is still lacking development.

The drives, limits, abilities, camera being fixed (this is actually a good thing, but since the akward camera in KH1 is part of what made it challenging and fun, having it fixed in the second game and not raising the difficulty at all doesn't give nice results), among other things, also made it too easy.

KH2 was also somewhat lacking in optional bosses: we pretty much just have Sephiroth, while KH1 had Sephiroth, Kurt Zisa, and Phantom (I feel like I might be missing one). This isn't AS BIG a flaw as the other ones, but nevertheless it does not serve to make the game any better.

Music is pretty much the only area where it excels at with any particularity: I liked its OST better than KH1's and CoM's (though of course this is, again, my opinion).

So uh, yeah, disagree. KH2 fixed a lot of KH1's problems admittedly, but it introduced far too many new ones.

Last edited:

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
I like KH1's storyline, but KH2's characters. If Square and Disney could create a good, deep plotline, but without any of the childlike characters, it would be perfect. Hopefully they can do this with BBS.

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
I honestly like the second better. Just becouse , well Its got a better story to it, it like all mistery, and stuff like that. Just post and tell me! Please??:toungesmile:
A better story? No way.
KH2 was horrible in comparison to KH1.

I mostly missed the difficulty level and secret bosses.
KH1 was by far better.
IMO, KH2 was mediocre at best and fail at worst. The story in the first game was way better. Disney was actually somewhat important in it asides from Donald/Goofy/Mickey. In KH2 it's pretty much just there for show.

KH2's story was shallow and lacked character development. You barely see the Organization at all, get to see them interact. Some members only show up once or twice, and some aren't even called by name in the game itself (excluding Jiminy's Journal). Kairi is still lacking development.

The drives, limits, abilities, camera being fixed (this is actually a good thing, but since the akward camera in KH1 is part of what made it challenging and fun, having it fixed in the second game and not raising the difficulty at all doesn't give nice results), among other things, also made it too easy.

KH2 was also somewhat lacking in optional bosses: we pretty much just have Sephiroth, while KH1 had Sephiroth, Kurt Zisa, and Phantom (I feel like I might be missing one). This isn't AS BIG a flaw as the other ones, but nevertheless it does not serve to make the game any better.

Music is pretty much the only area where it excels at with any particularity: I liked its OST better than KH1's and CoM's (though of course this is, again, my opinion).

So uh, yeah, disagree. KH2 fixed a lot of KH1's problems admittedly, but it introduced far too many new ones.
I love your posts Hades!

Anagram

Banned
I like duel weilding in kh2, but hate the drive forms.
I like the gummi ship part in kh1 not kh2.

I like the command system in kh1 not in kh2.
I like fenrir from kh2.

Theres more just don't feel like typing it all.

Rix

:)
Awards
KH1 was way better! I have the same arguments as HadesDragon. I hated that they made the Disney worlds and characters so unimportant in KH2.

KH2 did also have to many unimportant stupid cutscenes, like you wallk into a room and you see a guy across the room. The cutscene ends and you walk towards the guy in two seconds and then a new cutscene start and so on and so on. I know that I can skip those cutscenes, but it still bothers me.

I don't think that KH2 is a bad game though.. I enjoyed KH2, but I think that KH was much better.

T

TWDIS

yeah I pretty much agree with everything here.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
This thread is in the wrong section. What does this have to do with the future of Kingdom Hearts?

Last edited:

Rix

:)
Awards
yeah, that's right, but threadmaker is new after all.. Think she joined yesterday. It could be worse:p

Anagram

Banned
But seriouslly welcome to the forums Kairi^_^. :cool:

Last edited:

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
The first KH was awesome.

The second KH was awesome as well, but it felt really cheesy.

RikusGaurdian

I don't know, I don't think KH2 was as bad as people make it to be.

Pros: Awesome Music
Better Gummi Ship
Organization XIII :)D)

Cons: Too Easy
Bad Storyline (Would've been okay if they had the worlds play a bigger role instead of just sending you there to crunch time)
Aeriths Voice

And don't forget, Nomura also spotted all of the faults brought up in this thread and improved alot of things in Final Mix+.
( In Final Mix, battles are kind of strategic and more fun and in-depth, and if you're looking for a challange, Critcal Mode is just... *shivers*)

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
There is no reason for a lot of the things present in FM+ to have been present in the original. They just rushed it.

phaji

Kingdom Hearts 2 was WAYYYYY better!!! KH1 was really hard to play and had horrible controls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back