• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who or What is Master Xehanort (The Purpose)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Well believe it is time to liven up these threads with a theory.

For a while everyone have been puzzled or confused regarding Master Xehanort's presence and what he is and how he is. Well perhaps it is time to shed some new light, or attempt to shed some new light from a theory regarding what the hell could Master Xehanort be.

Obviously Master Xehanort is more than just human, the Secret Ending best described that claim. With the aid of the Dark Soldier, Master Xehanort made quick and easy work of the three Heroes, Terra, Aqua, and Ven. Through his ability to manipulate the elements and wield the legendary Keyblade beyond comprehension, he has shown his experience with the mighty weapon, and that age should not be a factor when coming into contact with this dangerous maniac.

From a translation of the behind the scenes Birth By Sleep Trailer, we can begin to speculate a bit more regarding Master Xehanort.

Afterward, in the desert (from KH2FM+'s Secret Movie), the old man (UEM) confronts Terra.
Xehanort: Did you really think you could grasp that last glimmer? The wall between the light and the darkness have exceeded one another, creating the original me, and here you

are waiting for me. (While Xehanort is talking, he opens one of his hands in greeting, enraging Terra.)
Terra: I have a friend.
Terra summons the keyblade with his right hand.

This valuable information right here brings me to my main point, and perhaps the reason for starting this theory in the first place.

Master Xehanort is now obviously whole according to the information. But something resulted in Master Xehanort becoming complete. What happened to him, why were there two sides separated? Could Master Xehanort had existed as two entities that was closed off from each other, yet managed to break the wall, forming his original self again? Well

this is how I see it:

Master Xehanort was a powerful Keyblade Warrior left over from decades ago. Whether he was good or bad back then, has yet to be proven. It appears that he knows a lot about the worlds, the light and the darkness, and through conversation with Ven, a lot about the Keyblade. Anyway I believe after many battles Master Xehanort became a scientist and began studying the existence of the heart. Of course that is hard to prove, but if we look at his clothing, there is a heart shape figure fixed inbetween his coat (just like Xehanort's Heartless). That brings me to the possibility that he could have had a lab somewhere. I believe his craving for the truth, turn into power as he continued to unravel mystery after mystery regarding the possibilities of the heart and how the Keyblade could be connected to those who had the potential. I believe sometime later he took up an apprentice (I won't get too far with this one by I'll hint a little). I believe Master Xehanort experimented on his loyal subject.

Usually the door to each world is closed and the keyhole itself is not visible. By bringing a keyblade nearby, the keyhole appears. But the lock is not actually closed itself.

That was a quote from a interview a while back. It is time to look at Ansem Report 5

To study the Heartless behavior, I picked one out for observation. It wiggled its antennae and, as if sensing a target, headed deep into the castle.

In the deepest part of the castle, its antennae began vibrating, as if searching for something.

Suddenly, a strange door appeared. I'd never known of its existence.

It had a large keyhole, but didn't seem to be locked. So, I opened the door.

What I saw on the other side mystified me.

What was that powerful mass of energy?

That night I observed a great meteor shower in the sky.

Could it be related to the door that I have opened?

If Master Xehanort was such a powerful scientist and he had the ability to wield the Keyblade, perhaps it is not outside the possibility that he discovered a World's Heart. From understanding the meaning of the hearts and their capabilities, could it be possible that he craved for the power of that world's heart? To me Master Xehanort could have lost himself due to his craving of power.

But how? Well could it be possible that Master Xehanort really did end up losing his heart? For a while, Nomura talked about Xehanort's name unscrambled being No Heart, perhaps Xehanort does not have his original heart after all. His interest remained as he continued to study. But how does one with no heart continue to wield the Keyblade, or even survive for that matter? Well I believe due to Master Xehanort losing his original heart, he obtained something more powerful. The Heart of a World.But how could such a thing have happened? Well Master Xehanort did almost loose himself, but he did not completely. Could Master Xehanort had purposely casted out his own Heart to gain a much stronger one?

Perhaps it was luck that he actually survived. Once his heart left his body, he shortly became a heartless (I would assume a very powerful one), due to his strong desire as that being to obtained the power of a heart, he on true instinct of a heartless, grabbed on the power of that World's Heart. Eventually his body made it back to him, as he claimbed rights over the heart. Instead of calling his heart back from the darkness, due to his strong power and experience, he called forth the power of a world's heart, therefore he is a being of darkness who has his body, yet is binded by the heart of world.

Now we can formulate this guy's plans. I believe it is possible that Master Xehanort is after the Heart of Many worlds. So in essance, Kingdom Hearts, but to a whole other extent. Perhaps Master Xehanort is going to world to world robbing it of its heart, eventually he will use those hearts to craft an all powerful Kingdom Hearts. So perhaps in the Secret Ending, the heart that was stolen and brought up in the sky, was the heart of that world. Obviously this plan of Master Xehanort is taking the Kingdom Hearts Universe by suprise. Another Master caught on, due to the disappearance of the worlds. So three apprentices were sent out.

From Ansem Report 11

In opening the door that stores a world's hearts, the wall around that world is broken down. We see this as a shooting star. Through this, I have been able to understand

the reason why the material known as Gummi Blocks has the ability to allow travel to other worlds.

The cause of a world's wall collapsing is the appearance of the Heartless, but finding a world's door takes time. And robbing a world of its heart is a similar case.

If the door has been closed by the key known as the Keyblade, you probably cannot reach that world's heart again. Before the one with the Keyblade appears in this world, I must take measures to do something.

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep general background

The Keyblade is said to hold phenomenal power. One legend says its wielder saved the world, while another says that he wrought chaos and ruin upon it. —from Ansem's Report (KINGDOM HEARTS)

Long before Sora took up the Keyblade, there were other Keyblade masters. One of these masters, Xehanort, disappeared one day along with his apprentice. This event proved to be a foreshadowing of great disaster to come. Aware of the threat, another master ordered his three apprentices to seek out Xehanort and his cohort.

Perhaps this other Master and the three apprentices we thought were Terra, Aqua, and Ven, may turn out to be Mickey, Donald, and Goofy. Mickey will most likely be taking the place of Sora, while Donald and Goofy would be reprising their roles. Of course I'm not sure of this, but the only person who I believe could be so knowledgeable of the worlds and the Keyblade, comes out to be Yensid. Of course Terra, Aqua, and Ven may still be the heroes of the story.

More Background Information:

- Donald and Goofy watch as Yensid trains with Mickey in order for Mickey to become a stronger Keyblade warrior. What is his purpose to gain this power?

- Nomura hints that not all three Keybladers are connected to the three heroes of Kingdom Hearts II, however this game will explain the original conflict of the Kingdom Hearts series.

The Original Conflict of the Kingdom Hearts Series. That caught my eye...

Well it has been a while, but I think it came out okay. I still have a lot of things to think about, due to my research.

Last edited:

UrbanQuattrus

I like it. I think that Xehanort either lost his original heart, as you say, or never had one to begin with, for whatever reason - and dedicated himself to obtaining one, no matter where he had to get it.

I think it's possible that Mickey is the player character of the third scenario, rather than Aqua, due to the complete mystery surrounding her status in the game.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
I think it's possible that Mickey is the player character of the third scenario, rather than Aqua, due to the complete mystery surrounding her status in the game.

Possible. I was thinking of the possibility that Mickey's Team would consist of Donald and Goofy while you directly controlled Mickey. Almost like Sora having Donald and Goofy on your team. I can't help but say that this title must have a direct connection to the Keyblade Legend, of course the legend could have happened before, but this game follows the original conflict, so it a way, it plays much similar to the original Kingdom Hearts title. Maybe Aqua could be a party member of Terra and Ven, who knows?

I think xeahnort gave his heart to create his apprentice. thats y in the clip it seemed as if he came out form inside of xehanort...

That's another theory I guess. I just think that Xehanort does not have his original heart.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
But you left out the destruction of many keyblade wielders?

I don't have enough information regarding the disappearance of the Keyblade warriors after Xehanort (Young) was found by Ansem the Wise. We can assume that Birth By Sleep is not the foundation of the Keyblade Legend. Birth By Sleep could be an example of the Keyblade Legend at its finest (of course not so much maybe). We don't really know what happened to the others, and why the Keyblades lay in the sand of Sunsets Horizon. Unless that place is a Keyblade World or something, but we really don't have enough proof to establish that.

But I think we might be getting closer to discovering what Xehanort as a whole really is.

UrbanQuattrus

^We don't even know how many keyblade wielders there were, or how many were active. The Sunset Horizon world may be the originator location of keyblades; perhaps they are produced there and then go to the wielder when the time comes.

Perhaps that's why Master Xehanort goes there in the first place; maybe he wants to neutralize the armory of keyblades, and thus their wielders, present and future.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Perhaps. Maybe that world itself create Keyblades, who knows? I mean there is Kingdom Hearts, the heart that connects hearts of the worlds. Maybe there is Kingdom Keyblades (Not Sora's). The place that connects all Keyblades.

IDX Rider

I think xeahnort gave his heart to create his apprentice. thats y in the clip it seemed as if he came out form inside of xehanort...
I'm going to play with this to add to The Conquerer's original theory.

It could be that Master Xehanort does indeed have the heart of another world instead of his own (hence his great power), but maybe he still had a connection to his original heart (because it is his) that he can summon at will. And with that, his apprentice became a Heartless (I believe of his own will) and agreed to use his Masters heart (which I will assume was far more powerful than his own) as some sort of plan to help his Master create the ultimate Kingdom Hearts. And because the apprentice was a being of Darkness after losing his heart and body (and I believe after receiving his Master's heart he got his body back), he turned into a different kind of creature (I'm just gonna make a name here) called a Demi-Heartless. Half Heartless and half human. This is why he is shaped as a human (because he has his own body), but moves like that of a Heartless. Also, because he has control over his Darkness, he was able to augment his body to make him stronger (just assuming he wasn't as buff before turning into a Heartless) and have different kinds of abilities only possible while wielding the power of darkness.

Just something I thought of after reading your theory and his :).

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Good. If possible I would like more people to add a little something here or there to the discussion. I also came to a similar conclusion regarding the new enemy. It was thread I made a while back, I'll assume you never read it because the way I said it, made it seem like the new enemy hunts light, basically trying to obtain the last glimmer once. You have a good idea by the way, not exactly the same as my idea though, it is definately different.

IDX Rider

I just put what I thought was possible assuming your theory is try. I'm not good at making theories of my own :p, but when I read one theory, I'm able to add something to it that I think could also be possible by thinking that theory is absolute.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Just hang around other theories, eventually they'll come to you.

I just want to know how can Master Xehanort be beaten. He appears godly.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I just want to know how can Master Xehanort be beaten. He appears godly.

...he defeated himself? It's been speculated by me and others that at the end, MX tried to become one with KH (in this case, it would be the ultimate KH mentioned in your theory) to become an all-powerful entity. However, due to the unpredictable nature and great power of all those hearts, this ends up backfiring on him. There would be a few ways it could go from then.

Awards
Problem.

I have formed theories around the quote as well.

But.

The translation has a good chance of being incorrect. Another site that was more reliable with Japanese came up with:

Xehanort:
I knew that you'd arrive no matter what you had to go through...

Passing through the wall of Light and Dark to come here, to where I am.

I have grown impatient waiting for you, Terra.

I'm not going to regard either until I know. Still a good theory though. Here's mine if you'd like to read it:

I also want to share something that I've been thinking about. We can't forget the all too important phrase, "It all began with Birth by Sleep". I've really been trying to take this from a logical point of view. What began with Birth by Sleep? Obviously the events of the Kingdom Hearts series. And so what then, would be the original cause that spurred on these events? Xehanort, clearly (at the moment). It must have been his arrival, or his creation. So, then, Xehanort was born by "Sleep"? Maybe. This quote certainly suggests it:

The wall of light and darkness exceeded each other, creating the original me, and Terra waited for me impatiently

So then now we need to ascertain as to what exactly is meant by "Sleep". Since the first time we saw the secret ending, people have suggested that Sleep refers to Sora's year of sleep or Riku's sleep in the prologue of CoM (among other theories). Neither make sense since it all began with Birth by Sleep, meaning that whatever this Sleep was, it was in the past and preceded all other events. However, those two might work in concept. Sleep might refer to literal sleep, as is the case with Sora, or a metaphorical sleep, much like with Riku. While I'm not ruling it out, I'll put aside the literal meaning of Sleep for the moment, mainly because there's a connection for Riku's type of sleep. "The wall of light and darkness". This should sound familiar:

You've been sleeping here between light and dark... Here, blanketed by darkness, sleep is safety. Sleep is eternal.

Go here if you haven't realized yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i90a5hpA-a4...feature=related

Now, I'm not implicating that Riku's specific event has anything to do with Birth by Sleep, but it could be that Birth by Sleep occurred in a similar manner. This would be for Master Xehanort. And that's also where I believe the "Another" and "No Heart" comes in. People say Another might suggest that the Xehanort we know is Another (Master) Xehanort, which would make no sense considering the name, which serves as an anagram for Another, would suggest that Master Xehanort is Another since he is the one who originally had the name. How it all plays out, no clue. But Master Xehanort's creation must have had Terra involved, since he was "waiting impatiently". However, I don't know if Terra was directly involved or if he simply knew about it because I have my hunches that the creation might be connected to Ven, DS, or both. Ven because he knows Xehanort, but has forgotten about him. Also, the fact that "Ven" is an alias has me suspicious. People brush it off as his true name simple being Ventus, but I can't help but feel that it would be obvious. Nomura is refraining from saying the true name for a reason, and Ven is an ALIAS, not a nickname. I think the true name might have something to do with Xehanort. Lastly, there's the quote of Master Xehanort that sounds similar to DiZ talking to Riku:

MX: It seems you have lost something. However unless what you have lost is put back into your hands, it will be an eternal lost. Once you obtain it, grip it and understand the truth.
DiZ: Sleep is eternal. It is a door to the truth. Take it, and your sleep ends. Take it, and take your first step towards the truth.

A lot of unfounded stuff here, but it certainly is plausible.

Alpha_Sonix

...he defeated himself? It's been speculated by me and others that at the end, MX tried to become one with KH (in this case, it would be the ultimate KH mentioned in your theory) to become an all-powerful entity. However, due to the unpredictable nature and great power of all those hearts, this ends up backfiring on him. There would be a few ways it could go from then.

So he dies like Xehanort's Heartless?

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
I suppose it is possible that Master Xehanort defeats him self, but I was thinking on a normal basis. If he never got obsessed with power, how could he had been beaten? Sora and Riku defeated the all powerful Xemnas. Then again, Xemnas's Kingdom Hearts was damaged and I would assume not as powerful as the darkness from all worlds or an all powerful Kingdom Hearts.

But that was what I was afraid of Grace Assassin. But still, even if the quote was a little off, it helped me create something no one really tried. By accident I guess.lol

But I think your theory is not so much different from mine. I just go into more detail. I have a feeling a similar thing might have happened to Xehanort (the Young) as well. Of course maybe not in the same fashion, but if Xehanort had no memories of his personal life, how could that be? If we think about it, perhaps it is getting more clear. It is the fact that Xehanort can't remember.

Knightorlight

I think that Master Xehanort may have "stolen" or "taken" the heart of a world because the world that never was, was of course created by the nobodys and Xemnas, "Xehanort's Nobody". But the same thing happened to sora, sora became a heartless in KH I but came back... and "roxas" was created through the darkness and was a powerful nobody. same thing for Xehanort, so Xehanort too has a nobody "Xemnas" and is probably directly connected to the nobodys because Xemnas is the Organizations XIII Leader, and is VERY powerful and remember in KH II how he "absorbed" the kingdom hearts with a hole inside and turned into a much more powerful being and was defeated by sora and riku in an alternate dimension, thats probably where the heart of a world is because, sora and riku walked to the dark side of the world... then etc... this is just my theory connected to the theory that The Conquerer made... JUST A THEORY

Soldier Terra

I like it. I think that Xehanort either lost his original heart, as you say, or never had one to begin with, for whatever reason - and dedicated himself to obtaining one, no matter where he had to get it.

Like i've said so many times...Here's what i think:

Terra used to be MX's apprentice. That could be why they know each other well. Then MX began to get obsessed in darkness of the heart, so Terra left his master. Then MX used his scientific skills to create a replica of Terra. The replica was just a body, no heart. As a replica of Terra, the experiment was identical in every way: Hairstyle, facial features, body, etc. But, it still wasn't the same without a heart. So MX gave his own heart to the replica. (Maybe that's why Xehanort unscrambled is NO HEART X) The heart is what has your "physical appearance" because when you become a nobody & loose your heart, the nobody looks slightly different than the original human. So then the replica of terra got an extra physical appearance added on to terra's. What i mean is the terra replica became somewhat identical to MX because of MX's heart within him: he got grey hair like MX (MX's beard), yellow eyes, & the pointy ears. with MX's heart inside him, the terra replica became what we now know as Ansem the Wises apprentice: Xehanort & the Dark Soldier. After the keyblade war, the DS was the only one left. He claimed the name Xehanort because in his heart he knew he was "Xehanort" (MX).

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
omg, i never noticed that xeanort unscrambled is no heart, cool

Really? IF that's the case, perhaps you don't know that Xehanort unscrambled is Another as well.

Anyway I also believe that Terra at one time, was Master Xehanort's apprentice. But I'm hinting toward the possibility that Terra might not be a complete person as well. Terra as well as the DS may be very special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back