• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why Are We So Hard On no0bs

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

cursed keyblade

lets have a debate on why we are so hard on no0bs. ill start.

i think its becuz we try to look tuff, when we realy arnt. and plus why dont we help them out. yes there is a no0b adoption thing i know, but why are we so mean to them. also do you guys think we are hard on them.

Angel Shards

I would kill for you <3
cursed keyblade said:

Go right on ahead, n00b.

i think its becuz we try to look tuff, when we realy arnt.

ROOOOOOOOOAR! I am 'tuff' and will beat the virtual crap out of you!

and plus why dont we help them out.

-sighs- I tried... really I did. But no matter how "nice" about my statements and opinions I tried to be they just didn't get it. In the end, putting them in their place worked. Sometimes being cruel and harsh works.

yes there is a no0b adoption thing i know, but why are we so mean to them.

Why the hell would someone want to adopt a n00b? o_O

also do you guys think we are hard on them.

-laughs- I don't know. Are we? You seem to think we are, then you go about asking if we really are too mean on you n00bs.

cursed keyblade

i fully agree with you. we dont even know the ppl where talkin to. when we help others the more friends we'll have on here. the more we put down, the less friends we'll have.
Riku213 said:
I say the same. we try to make a name for ourslefs but it does not have to happen like that. we can help them and make a name like that

leave keyblade shards alone ok.
Riku213 said:
and keyblade shard go stick you head up hitlers ass

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Haha, if you ask me we're not tough enough on n00bs.

You try to explain to them what they're doing/ they've done is wrong but still go ahead and do it again.

One day they'll look back and thank us for calling them f*cking dumbasses.

Sweet_Killer_PR

you guys were mean to me well no you guys especifictly but other ppl i was just new and asking how to put my image signature but they were all mean to me so i needed to ask a friendly person dat said that almost everybody is going to pick on me so he showd some stuff and that person i Sora_Matrix

Ryu

an obscene gesture
- do u tink da sora is gona leik fuse wit aladina and den dey haf 2 monkahs!!2113

- omfg u n00b u shud stfu i've been hur liek da begining of da froums so stfu

Both of the mentioned examples can be qualified as replies from n00bs. The only difference is that the second one is proud of the fact that they've been here longer than the other person, and therefore demand respect regardless of their lack of grammar, punctuation and sense of logic. These people also like to call themselves "n00b slayers". Both piss me off.

I say we drop all the forum statuses right now, the n00bs, newbs, vets, etc. These titles only cause trouble. N00bs get pissed because they're called n00bs by wannabe-vets, and all the people who've been here for several months think they're superior, and therefore call themselves vets or n00b slayers, and pick on every new person who comes to this forum.
Anyone who comes to this forum is welcome, everyone will be treated equally - by me at least - as long as they do what they're supposed to do according to the forum rules. Prove to be a dumbass, and get what you deserve. Warnings, random flames from other members, etc. Prove to be a normal human being, and you'll be treated like one. Being a 'n00b', a newb or a vet has nothing to do with this.

As for the n00b adoption thing, why the hell would someone adopt a n00b? Can you even adopt a n00b? Someone who's classified as a n00b will do what he wants and doesn't like to be degraded, and comparing teaching a n00b to adopting a puppy or something, will be interpreted as degrading. Besides, since everyone's so convinced that you "can't teach a n00b", why try? The whole n00b adoption thing is BS. The only thing they have to do is read the forum rules and adapt themselves to the forum and its members, you don't need a "n00b trainer" for that.

Now, finally: why are we so hard on 'the n00bs'? Because they are either:

A) Not liked because of their way of acting.
B) The people picking on n00bs think they are superior and therefore like to prove their superiority by picking on the new people, acting like the high school bullies so to speak.

Want this to change?

A) Make sure the 'n00bs' adapt and start acting like human beings.
B) Become a mod and ban everyone who has a superiority complex.

End of rant.

Last edited:

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
cursed keyblade said:

i think its becuz we try to look tuff, when we realy arnt. and plus why dont we help them out. yes there is a no0b adoption thing i know, but why are we so mean to them. also do you guys think we are hard on them.

There is a distinction between newb(ie)s and n00bs. Newbs are just new to the forum- n00bs are idiots who refuse to learn. One is only a newb for so long, but one can be a n00b for life.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I don't like the 'class system' here either.

Some people need to grow up, and others need to be told they are equal to everyone else.

Though, through pure 'peer pressure' of everyone else on the forums, I call people n00bs, and will try to stop.

Dark-Sora 50

It's ridiculous. Newbs (I flatly refuse to use the word n00b, for a newbie, from hereonin) are treated like crap to be honest. The Annoying Class n00bs (as in people who just piss you off so much you want to strangle them) are treated worse, because they deserve it. Newbs ask questions. Three quarters of the time they get shit, arguments and crap from annoying n00bs.

I help out as many newbs as I can. I try my best, honestly I do. But the dumbass n00bs always try to f**k things up for their own snotty little ends. This is all I have to say to them.

F**K. OFF.

That is all I have to say on this matter.

Madness

lol internet
Website
www.freewebz.com
Newbs and n00bs are two different classifications. A newb is someone who hasn't been around and is new to everything and is just asking questions bccause he/she doesn't know. A n00b is someone who goes around posting idiotic threads over and over again for no apparent reason despite the fact that they've been told to stop. I try not to be hard on newbs, but it's impossible to not want to kill a n00b.

edit: Ack, that's already been discussed. Well, anyway, it's just as Ryu said. When you really look at it and see some of the replies to many newbie threads, a good half of this board is comprised of n00bs.

KHFanatic4565

Oblivion Angel
*sigh.*

People don't like "n00bs" because of their stupidity. They basically get what they deserve. Flaming, etc... as much as I don't like it. Newbs I like. I end up giving newbs the happy and blissful introduction that they deserve.

hehehehe..omg...ryu.
but anyways..i myself trie not to degrade them too much...because once you set them off they tend to rant untill a mod bans them....its just easier to ignore them....maybe the easiest thing to do would be to have a test to determine whether a person is a n00b before letting them join...that may sove a few problems....but probably not..they might simply ask a friend for answers...and get in anyways...so maybe the answer lies in showing them a bit of maturity instead of nearly dropping to thier level and simply calling them names.......or not who knows...

Darky Dee

CAPITAL H.I.M.
Awards
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
I degrade them, reguardless, and don't regret it. They deserve their degration for sheer stupidity. N00bs make the forum retarded, and would do the world much benefit if they would just slap themselves and jump of a cliff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back