• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why is Nomura's name on everything?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzuku

It seems like every FF game since X has Nomura's name on it. Usually you put the guy who directed the game, but when you start a FF game the subtitle is "Characters designed by Tetsuya Nomura" rather than a director's name. Is there a reason why Nomura gets his name singled out om everything?

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
IKR!! Everything I have that's Squeenix has his name on it and even Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII and I think even Tactics has his name somewhere. Oh and maybe it's because he wants all the credit?? XD jk. Maybe the director doesnt want his name so he puts Nomura's?

State

Awards
He got popular by being the character designer of a striking hot compilation, FFVII.

MangaCrazy101

The Blonde
Awards
Website
mangacrazy101.blogspot.com
Yeah, It would seem that only one person gets all the credit for most of the game, yes designing the charcaters is important and yes they are really mad, but the director, background artists, ect, are also important. Especially the director as there REALLY wouldnt be a game then. AND the annimators, they bring his characters to life.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
True.

But he's the one that's leading the character design, I think, so I guess that's why?

Nope.
1x1td.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back