• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why Namine?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
To be honest... I don't particularly pair Sora with anyone.

Granted, he is a fifteen year old boy, who's just discovering what hormones are, but I always considered Sora to be... not naïve, but rather too occupied, to really overall think about girls and having a relationship with one.

Sora gives his heart to everyone, because he is the Keyblade Master, and within his heart resides everyone he's ever met. That leaves little room for girls, in my opinion. I think Sora and Naminé would work better than Kairi, simply because I don't think Kairi is a good character.

She's a mere shell of a character, a plot device that wasn't written well, with nothing deeper than the surface. It can be seen how Kairi irritates Sora in some ways, and yes, Sora does want to get Kairi back, but that doesn't mean it's more than friendship. Sora was looking just as hard for Riku and, when remembering the games, Riku and Sora's friendship had much more background detail than Sora and Kairi's ever had.

To put it simply, Kairi... is a shallow pond, whereas Naminé has more below the surface, as seen by the fact that she sees that what she's done was wrong, whereas Kairi doesn't even realize that she made Sora promise to come back to her, instead of the other way around.

So, to that end, I think Sora and Naminé have a lot more going for them. But I don't really like pairing Sora with anyone, so... it's all up in the air to me.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
^^ this in a nutshell *gives rep*

So....I don't know what's wrong with that one...maybe I missed something.

Personal opinion when it boils down to it. Don't try over thinking it.

What really bothers me is the lack of closure, and Roxas saying to Sora while he was all confuzzled "You make a good Other", or "Look, sharp!", did not really connect with what it was leading up to by what the characters did (Roxas) or say (Sora, "I wanted to meet him too"), and for Sora wanting that...well, the end was kind of bland. It just didn't meet the expectations of a build up that gave false hope of some sort of great, meaningful interaction. Which is the same thing with the "Thank Naminé". I guess a explanation of the transition would work too, however.

Or... KH3 with the entire Ven issue bringing both Roxas and Nami back into play, and hopefully, Watanabe written with Nojima completely out of the picture ~_~

Well, considering that the vast majority used to ship Riku/Naminé before Roxas came along to take his thunder with what was the only girl available for him before it was found she was Kairi's Nobody in the sequel (unless in the past I was reading names wrong), I wouldn't think the lack of people playing the game is to be completely blamed on :/.

Riku/Namine is shipped, like you said, because she was the only girl around. I've seen people ship SoNami too because they 'know' they interacted in CoM without ever having played the games :\ So saying people shipped it doesn't really hold water seeing how people ship stuff even without having played it. Also, had they truly played the game, they'd have known it's much more Repliku/Namine than Riku/Namine.
Riku was busy being raped manipulated by DiZ, fluffing it out with Mickey and going sentimental over Sora in CoM to be properly shipped with Namine in CoM. I'd sooner see KH2-based RokuNami than CoM-based NamiKu, her somewhat prefering Sora over Repliku used as only one indication to this.

people think this? honestly I never heard anyone saying this. I always thought it was Kairi and Sora. hmm maybe I'm just not seeing clearly

Go replay CoM and compare the level of SoNami's writing to "SoKai" in KH1.
Things to keep in mind - when Sora released his and Kairi's Hearts, he did not do that only for Kairi's sake because he loves her.
Further in depth ranting by me -
Strawberries and Fairy Wings - The Princess and her Knight read me lawl I'm a link.

Qarx

To be honest... I don't particularly pair Sora with anyone.

Granted, he is a fifteen year old boy, who's just discovering what hormones are, but I always considered Sora to be... not naïve, but rather too occupied, to really overall think about girls and having a relationship with one.

Sora gives his heart to everyone, because he is the Keyblade Master, and within his heart resides everyone he's ever met. That leaves little room for girls, in my opinion. I think Sora and Naminé would work better than Kairi, simply because I don't think Kairi is a good character.

She's a mere shell of a character, a plot device that wasn't written well, with nothing deeper than the surface. It can be seen how Kairi irritates Sora in some ways, and yes, Sora does want to get Kairi back, but that doesn't mean it's more than friendship. Sora was looking just as hard for Riku and, when remembering the games, Riku and Sora's friendship had much more background detail than Sora and Kairi's ever had.

To put it simply, Kairi... is a shallow pond, whereas Naminé has more below the surface, as seen by the fact that she sees that what she's done was wrong, whereas Kairi doesn't even realize that she made Sora promise to come back to her, instead of the other way around.

So, to that end, I think Sora and Naminé have a lot more going for them. But I don't really like pairing Sora with anyone, so... it's all up in the air to me.

I agree. I simply don't pair people up, especially since it either is predictable, or I hear other people do it, and they get dissapointed when it doesn't turn out how they wanted (I heard someone say ((in Avatar The Last Airbender)) they shipped Katara and Zuko, and got upset over a different outcome)

This is a little thing here, but... Naminé tampered with Sora's memories because she would be locked in Castle Oblivion forever. Sounds pretty selfish, what?
Nevermind she grew a concience(sp?) later
Larxene
A little late to grow a concience(sp?) you little witch!
Also nevermind Larxene was a cruel bi**h. She had a point (Nobodies can't actually feel, anyway...)

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Personal opinion when it boils down to it. Don't try over thinking it.

True. But, I only expect this when painting them as a couple.

Or... KH3 with the entire Ven issue bringing both Roxas and Nami back into play, and hopefully, Watanabe written with Nojima completely out of the picture ~_~

I've always wondered. Why doesn't Watanabe write the PS games? Is there a contract I'm not aware of?

Riku/Namine is shipped, like you said, because she was the only girl around. I've seen people ship SoNami too because they 'know' they interacted in CoM without ever having played the games :\ So saying people shipped it doesn't really hold water seeing how people ship stuff even without having played it. Also, had they truly played the game, they'd have known it's much more Repliku/Namine than Riku/Namine.
Riku was busy being raped manipulated by DiZ, fluffing it out with Mickey and going sentimental over Sora in CoM to be properly shipped with Namine in CoM. I'd sooner see KH2-based RokuNami than CoM-based NamiKu, her somewhat prefering Sora over Repliku used as only one indication to this.

Yes, some people do ship stuff without playing the game, but back then, they did play the game, or else, their fanfiction in and within itself wouldn't make as much sense as it did. And the fact that in their Author's Notes, they talked about the game (and for you, how Naminé is cool). I'm not saying that all of them did play the game, however, there's nothing to say how much the majority did or did not. Riku/Naminé was a popular pairing for him (especially with the minor interaction they had, so people no doubt, would have thought it as a sort of build up for a sequel, with Repliku gone, which got ruined when, again, Roxas took its role), despite with Repliku, who, unfortunately, isn't paid much attention to when it comes to fanfiction. It doesn't matter that it was much more Repliku/Naminé (which was kind of one-sided, when you think about it, and brainwashed), they support what they like. Example, Zemyx, as said. And even Riku/Xion, that with just two or three scenes in trailers, we have people liking the pair (Riku/Naminé 2.0).

Besides, if played the games or not, they can get whatever information they need, and more, in the interwebz, with not only the cutscenes on video, but massive spoilers, and other exclusives.

I never played KH1, but I have not missed any plot points or a beat of the game in all its wonders at all. Same can be done.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
For the thread in question, people like what they like, and they pair, what they pair. SoNami isn't any different, and if you think that's odd (when those two actually do have a basis), look at Zemyx. Other than the fact that it's yaoi, they had never interacted, and look, millions of fanfics sprouting.

It's the way it is.

Yeah, I think that pretty much sums it up. People will like a pairing whether it's canon or not.

Now, I noticed that I liked SoNami a lot better when I was playing Chain of Memories, instead of just watching the subtitled cutscenes online. I don't even know why, I just did. When you think about it, it's a very sweet story about two people who did everything they could to be together. The problem was that Sora only felt the way he did because Namine forced him to feel that way through fake memories. So in the end, she decided to put Sora's well-being over her own, and fix him back to the way he was, even though he would forget her in the process. Oh yeah, and Sora found out about all this and forgave her anyway, all because he cared about her.

It's quickly becoming a favorite pairing for me.

This is a little thing here, but... Naminé tampered with Sora's memories because she would be locked in Castle Oblivion forever. Sounds pretty selfish, what?
Nevermind she grew a concience(sp?) later

It does, but think about what that implies. She'd be forced to stay in that white room, with no one to keep her company except the people that were either cruel to her or ignored her.

Forever.

It's a horrible punishment, when you think about it.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I've always wondered. Why doesn't Watanabe write the PS games? Is there a contract I'm not aware of?

He co-wrote KH1, actually, which would greatly explain why KH1 >>>>>>>>> KH2.
I'm theorizing he doesn't like writing Kairi a lot, seeing how KH1 was the only game she was major in that he wrote thus far (other games being CoM [Naminé], BBS [Aqua], Coded [little comatose Kairi if at all], and Days [Xion]).

Besides, if played the games or not, they can get whatever information they need, and more, in the interwebz, with not only the cutscenes on video, but massive spoilers, and other exclusives.

I can accept that. Go to deviantart though and skim through the fanarts. People don't play CoM for the most part - and that includes even filling in on the scenes.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Yeah, I think that pretty much sums it up. People will like a pairing whether it's canon or not.

One of the things that I like most about Kingdom Hearts is that nothing is really 'canon'. There are hints for RiSo, SoKai, SoNami, RokuNami, AkuRoku, Riku/Kairi... you name it. It makes it very flexible to like what pairing you want to like. Even Nomura has said that he left it pretty open so that we can choose to like whatever pairing we want.

The reason why Zemyx is popular is because many people can see the possibilities of the couple, even though it is yaoi. There's a dissertation of Zemyx on lj that sums it up pretty well for why the 'serious' fangirls of the couple like the couple.

The other reason is pretty immature. It's 'cuz of their numbers... 69.

But back on topic:

I don't particularly like SoNami, because I don't really think it would have worked out, simply because Naminé is a Nobody... who has no feelings, beyond that she wants and pretends that she does have feelings.

That doesn't mean that I like SoKai anymore, because of the reasons I stated earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back