• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

WHY?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilBluFurbySAIX

Why do they keep using the 'air water earth' thing for their names?
For example Sora maens Sky, Kairi has something to do with Water, and Riku means Earth. Ven means Sky, Aqua is obviously water, and Terra means Earth.(everyone probably knows that by now) But why does air, water, and earth correspond to the game? What does that have to do with anything? I'm just confused about that.:confused:

That is all.

Apollo

Silver Member
Cuz I guess that is what is on there island and plus to show their connection!

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Why do they keep using the 'air water earth' thing for their names?
For example Sora maens Sky, Kairi has something to do with Water, and Riku means Earth. Ven means Sky, Aqua is obviously water, and Terra means Earth.(everyone probably knows that by now) But why does air, water, and earth correspond to the game? What does that have to do with anything? I'm just confused about that.:confused:

That is all.

It really doesn't have much meaning, at least none that I can think of. Probably to show connections and such. Nomura likes naming his characters after natural phenomena (Cloud, Lightning, Tidus, which means "sun" in Okinawan, Squall, Laguna, etc). I think it's neat.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
maybe represent the main parts of a world?

Last edited:

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
It could probably connect Xaldin,Demyx,and Laxaeus!!!.........ok jk,in the next KH game they might answer that.

Mystlord

Japanese people tend to name their characters after some tangible item. For example, in Naruto, the name Naruto Uzumaki describes Naruto as a fish-paste loving (Ramen loving) with a whirlpool design on his stomach as the seal. Or Sakura Haruno as a spring field of cherry blossom (hair, personality, etc).
Same in KH. Sora means sky, equating for his freedom of exploration. Riku means land... Umm... Okay, let's go to the secondary definition, which is 'agony of separation'. He turns to the darkness during the course of the games. And Kairi means ... beaver... okay... NEXT DEFINITION. Nautical mile... .... NEXT! Separation. Okay, that's something I can work with :p. The literal rift between Riku and Sora in the first game.

And for Ven, I don't know who he is, nor do I know who Terra is. Whoever knows, plug in their translations, and interpret.

Awards
Sora means Sky for freedom, Riku means Land for strong and stubborn, and Kairi means Sea for nice and innocent. Ven means Wind and the same as Sora because he acts real active, Terra means Earth and the same as Riku because his eyes changed color and possibly made him evil for some period of time, and Aqua means Water and the same as Kairi because they both protect there friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back