• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Wicked

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pheonex

I'll scorch your muffin.
Okay I looked for a thread on this and couldn't find one, so don't hate me if there is already one.
Has anyone seen this play? It's the best play that ever existed, and I recommend it for anyone who has interest in the theatre

Apollo

Silver Member
I haven't seen it, but I do plan on making it out to one of the shows eventually. Alot of my friends say it's very good.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Pretty sure there's been a thread on this already, started by Poker Face, I think.

But yeah, I hear great things a bout it, and I hope to see it before it stops touring in Australia.

Off topic: I also saw Billy Elliot: The Musical while I was in Melbourne to

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
ok so getting back to wicked. Just recently listened to Idina sing Defying gravity. I have a CD with that on it and then I watched a video of a live performance. she sounded much better on the CD. I'm curious if voice altering was done

Pheonex

I'll scorch your muffin.
I'm sure a lot of altering was done, because I agree that she sounded a lot better on the cd than she did on stage

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
Wicked (in technicality) is a musical not a play...
I love the music and storyline it has going on.
Idina Menzel has always been one of my favorites but I wasn't lucky enough to see her perform live =/
I do admit that her vocals on the CD are better than that of some live performance videos but that still shouldn't take away from the awesomeness and talent that she and the musical possess.
Is it the best musical ever? I have no clue.
Is it an awesome musical? That it is.

Wicked

absurdiam
Yeah, i had a thread about this until it died. Thank you for making a new one because people need to understand how FUCKING GOOD THIS MUSICAL IS!!!! I saw it in melbourne when it was there and I now have tickets to Sydney when they go there im September (the tickets aren't even on sale yet). I have the official script and i have live footage of the WHOLE PLAY!!!!

As for the voice, try hitting the last note on defying gravity right every night live. That would deserve a fucking medle. Ha. Amanda Harris, the Australian Elphaba, was much more amazing than the CD (which was the recording of Idina Manzel). Anyway, seeing a musical live is so much better, pure emotion.

I recommend Wicked to everyone, I am the #1 fan. Ask me anything :)

Wicked

absurdiam
Just thought I'd take this double post to say that I'M FUCKING SEEING WICKED TOMORROW FOR THE SECOND TIME!!!!!

................that is all. /boast

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
I love that musical! LOVE IT! its so good! I saw it in July! O my goodness! its amazing! I have the soundtrack and i love kristin Chenoweths voice! So perfect for Glinda! The elphaba that i saw i think was better than idina but i still think Idina is amazing! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back